Annual monorail emergency drill tomorrow

Genie of the Lamp

How's a Monorail Emergency drill excuted is the question I have? I have no knowledge in this area so that's why I'm asking. Want to know how it varies from let's say a bus evacuating drill that elementary and secondary students execute when performed.

Tom

Beta Return
How's a Monorail Emergency drill excuted is the question I have? I have no knowledge in this area so that's why I'm asking. Want to know how it varies from let's say a bus evacuating drill that elementary and secondary students execute when performed.

Well, I don't imagine they would actually make guests climb out of a monorail when there really isn't an emergency. So unless they tow a monorail back to the station as part of the exercise, my assumption is that this is done with no guests on board....or it's minor enough that guests aren't impacted too much.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...

Here's an old training vid on YT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB1NDnMTYkE

Oh and I hate when old threads are bumped but it got me a couple "likes" so bump away. Ha!

Monorail_Red

In more recent times, these drills consisted of plain-clothed Monorail CMs playing the role of guests. To my knowledge, last time they did this, it was a train-to-train evacuation on the Epcot beamway. Any other type of evacuation (like what they had to do in 2009 when they lost power and had to take guests out via bucket trucks) is solely handled by Reedy Creek and other officials. Aside from all that, part of Pilot training includes setting up the latter in the cab and opening the emergency hatch. Here is a pic of them testing the mobile platform with Monorail Black:

DSCN3881.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom