News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

nickys

Premium Member
I would qualify my statement to say if they have a substantial Mueseum showroom that may suffice. Morocco museum exhibit while smile suffices, but Germany should get the Rhine cruise as orginally planned, Italy should have the matterhorn, japan the bullet train singular or mt fugi. Pipe dreams I know but it would really complete world showcase.

You know the Matterhorn is in Switzerland? How would you explain the ride being in Italy?

wdwgreek

You know the Matterhorn is in Switzerland? How would you explain the ride being in Italy?
So I looked it up orginally there was going to be a Switzerland pavilion between Italy and germany with the matterhorn. Also the matterhorn is on the border of the two countries. See attached
Screenshot_20191101-142103_Maps.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
I hate that the discussion is on what movie could work in the Canada Pavilion. Apparently the entire forum has already signed off on forcing IPs where they don't belong.

I agree. We don’t need IP based attractions everywhere. The Matterhorn bobsled ride, Mount Fuji coaster or Rhine river ride are far better ideas without having some tenuous IP connection shoved in. If Canada was to get a ride, why not just a white water rafting trip?

Are we supposed to choose our favourite?

I think it’s a reminder as to the topic of the thread. 😁

The_Jobu

I agree. We don’t need IP based attractions everywhere. The Matterhorn bobsled ride, Mount Fuji coaster or Rhine river ride are far better ideas without having some tenuous IP connection shoved in. If Canada was to get a ride, why not just a white water rafting trip?

I'm with you, no IP is much prefered, I think we're just being pragmatists about today's Disney. I'm still kind of shocked we're getting the space restaurant without Stitch showing up.

Personal opinion: Please, no Matterhorn in Italy. Something a little more Italian please. Boat ride around a volcano, some Roman ruins, Rennaisance art, opera, etc.? And everyone gets a cannoli and a kiss on the cheek when exiting the ride.

I think it’s a reminder as to the topic of the thread.

Oh I see. Well, I'd prefer Julie in the attraction, but I haven't seen the new one, maybe she's just as good? Pretty sure I can guess which one Disney's going with.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm with you, no IP is much prefered, I think we're just being pragmatists about today's Disney. I'm still kind of shocked we're getting the space restaurant without Stitch showing up.

Personal opinion: Please, no Matterhorn in Italy. Something a little more Italian please. Boat ride around a volcano, some Roman ruins, Rennaisance art, opera, etc.? And everyone gets a cannoli and a kiss on the cheek when exiting the ride.

Oh I see. Well, I'd prefer Julie in the attraction, but I haven't seen the new one, maybe she's just as good? Pretty sure I can guess which one Disney's going with.

Do we know for sure there’s not IP in the restaurant. Heaven forbid it’s Stitch, but at one point we were discussing WallE ..... I’d prefer ET but there’s a slight problem there!

Agree about the Matterhorn. No matter it does have one face in Italy, it is synonymous with Switzerland and Zermatt in particular. A gentle gondola-type ride would be fine by me, albeit a bit similar to Mexico. Even the original ruins walk-through - I actually love the Morocco museum and the Stave Church and architecture in Norway (until they ruined both).

I like Returns. I thought Emily brought something new to the character, whilst not altering the MP persona. And the story was charming, with several nods to the original.

Steph15251

Do we know for sure there’s not IP in the restaurant. Heaven forbid it’s Stitch, but at one point we were discussing WallE ..... I’d prefer ET but there’s a slight problem there!

Agree about the Matterhorn. No matter it does have one face in Italy, it is synonymous with Switzerland and Zermatt in particular. A gentle gondola-type ride would be fine by me, albeit a bit similar to Mexico. Even the original ruins walk-through - I actually love the Morocco museum and the Stave Church and architecture in Norway (until they ruined both).

I like Returns. I thought Emily brought something new to the character, whilst not altering the MP persona. And the story was charming, with several nods to the original.
Pretty sure the space restaurant is not being run by Disney ,I have no problem with the IP but I do not want all the rides to be IP based and just no to Matterhorn in Italy ,I hate that ride.A boat ride would be great if they ever decide to put a ride there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom