News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

JohnD

I know it was never supposed to be anything big but this is even more lackluster then a carousel, somehow.
I agree. Another spinning ride no parent wants to ride vs. a carousel ride with hydraulics under each horse, pushing it up and down. The top of the horse pole isn't attached to the ceiling so its like one of the horses in the movie. Children and adults wouldn't mind that ride as much.

1679491305221.png

trainplane3

Imagine:
Open the Disney app at 7am to spend $10 on a Lightning Lane thing
Rush to park at open
Wait in line for like a half hour
Go through one preshow
Get excited
Go through a second preshow
Start thinking it's going to be on the same level as most recent attractions
Doors open
It's a teacups spinner you just spent money on and lost 2 hours of your morning rushing to get to
Magical

JohnD

Imagine:
Open the Disney app at 7am to spend $10 on a Lightning Lane thing
Rush to park at open
Wait in line for like a half hour
Go through one preshow
Get excited
Go through a second preshow
Start thinking it's going to be on the same level as most recent attractions
Doors open
It's a teacups spinner you just spent money on and lost 2 hours of your morning rushing to get to
Magical
But knowing its teacups going in, that's on the guest. It's a skip for me.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
In a park that needs more C Ticket attractions and something for young kids, this is not that bad. It's a spinner where those are bowls full of sugar you are spinning around in and I bet the background/surround was a digital or projection screen that was fully animated so like being in the movie singing along with famous songs.

Is it Tony Baxter's super cool Mary Poppins ride? No. Do you really expect anymore from the Gensler Imagineers of today?

Animaniac93-98

Chapek felt the company could afford to needlessly retheme an area of DCA to San Fransokyo but not a modest flat ride?

For a flat ride, this is anything but modest.

Multiple themed rooms, exterior facades, all the usual stuff the goes into having an completely indoor facility (electrical, insulation, A/C etc)

Not even double Dumbo with its playground queue comes close to this.

There's a reason why most Disney flat rides just have roofs or nothing.

Cmdr_Crimson

I hate to say it but Six Flags Great America does it better during during their Fright Fest with an indoor Teacups..It mostly strobes, fog, and hard-core techno.

ToTBellHop

For a flat ride, this is anything but modest.

Multiple themed rooms, exterior facades, all the usual stuff the goes into having an completely indoor facility (electrical, insulation, A/C etc)

Not even double Dumbo with its playground queue comes close to this.

There's a reason why most Disney flat rides just have roofs or nothing.
Modest at Epcot is under $100,000,000.

Bocabear

I don't hate this idea...in fact I think it is rather charming and sweet...if it is the #2 of 2 attractions added to the UK Pavilion... This on one side and a lovely fresh version of the Alice dark ride and maze on the other.... adding a C and D ride and making the UK Pavilion live up to it's potential....
Next up, Coco in Mexico, an attraction in the Germany pavilion, A promise to add an attraction to all other country pavilions every two years until they all have something, and an additional new Country/ Region Pavilion....then EPCOT will start being the park it was meant to be...

Poly1974

I don't hate this idea...in fact I think it is rather charming and sweet...if it is the #2 of 2 attractions added to the UK Pavilion... This on one side and a lovely fresh version of the Alice dark ride and maze on the other.... adding a C and D ride and making the UK Pavilion live up to it's potential....
Next up, Coco in Mexico, an attraction in the Germany pavilion, A promise to add an attraction to all other country pavilions every two years until they all have something, and an additional new Country/ Region Pavilion....then EPCOT will start being the park it was meant to be...
Sorry but the company that regularly opens new attractions at the pace you describe is a few exits up on I-4. The only thing Disney builds quickly anymore is DVCs because they are an instant money maker.

esskay

Whilst it would be nice if every pavilion had a ride there's two major things that prevent that ever being possible.

The first one is obviously money. The second is space - Japan and Italy for example have a fair bit of service infrastructure around them, which would need to be relocated, which comes back to costs.

Personally I'd rather they add extra countries into some of the gaps that were left for them between Germany & Italy & China. That comes back to money again though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom