News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't understand this strange, contemporary taste somebody seems to have for "all sides, no protein".

How many attractions have we seen in the past decade+ where they spend big on the queue and/or preshow but then bunt on the main show?

Have they forgotten that half the point of the queue is to set proper expecations for the experience that follows?
So all C-Ticket rides should have an outdoor switchback? What is the appropriate queuing for such a ride?

Someone deserves to be fired for this.

How embarrassing that the world's supposed "leader" in theme park experiences could only conjure up a boring teacup ride for one of their film division's greatest achievements. Lol!!

Disney fans: The parks need more C Ticket rides.

Also Disney fans: OMG, it's just a C Ticket ride!!!

EPCOT-O.G.

I don't understand this strange, contemporary taste somebody seems to have for "all sides, no protein".

How many attractions have we seen in the past decade+ where they spend big on the queue and/or preshow but then bunt on the main show?

Have they forgotten that half the point of the queue is to set proper expecations for the experience that follows?
I’ve long felt MFSR is an E-ticket queue in service of a C-ticket attraction.

Skibum1970

So all C-Ticket rides should have an outdoor switchback? What is the appropriate queuing for such a ride?

Disney fans: The parks need more C Ticket rides.

Also Disney fans: OMG, it's just a C Ticket ride!!!

Just asking, not challenging. Would this have been considered a "C" though?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Cough, cough.

Honestly, I don't hate it. Space back there is limited and it looks like it would have been REALLY well themed (something many other C ticket attractions at Disney don't get). And EPCOT really needs C ticket attractions. I think my only issue is that the IP, the fact that the attraction is indoor, and the fact that it is well themed likely would have resulted in lines being WAY longer for this than they ever deserved to be for what it is.

Drdcm

I’m honestly surprised they killed this.

Here’s how I would have accomplished this with complete grace and class.

1) gone down to the local carnival, made them an offer on the spinning ride
2) set it up in an empty warehouse
3) paint the vehicles to vaguely resemble tea cups
4) slap some cardboard cut outs on the wall like in toy story land.
5) bask I the perfect representation of Mary Poppins

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Sure but even in all the rumors here and elsewhere it was never going to be a major dark ride. It was always said to be a flat ride or interactive meet and greet experience like Enchanted Tales with Belle.
I guess the D23 over hyping and non-specific preview center concepts misled people to expect more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom