News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

nickys

Premium Member

brb1006

I really hope that if they bring in Alice (which I'd like very much), they mercifully give us the 1951 version-an update of the DL dark ride would be very nice.
I can't be the only person who finds the Burton Alice Maze to be out of place of Shanghai's Fantasyland. It just doesn't feel right to see the Burton version of Alice characters acting happy (As seen in the Alice Maze concept art)

EricsBiscuit

No to any FL style dark ride! Just no! It's 2017, I don't want moving pieces of cardboard in a park that they are trying to rebuild. They need something high tech, not an "update." Maybe completely redesign Mr Toad with new tech, but no to 1955 technology.

kpilcher

Yes, thought so but wasn't sure. It was around the time everyone was suggesting all the possible UK related movies, and Poppins was getting all the love.

I was/am still holding out for Bedknobs and Broomsticks, narrated by or featuring Angela Lansbury of course. Kind of like Peter Pan or ET.

Here is a mock-up of that ride vehicle:

$_57.JPG

bclane

There's like 10 things in this picture that makes juvenile me want to crack jokes about...
You'd think that someone in the company would have questioned whether it was a good idea to attach the doll to the bed by placing what looks like a rope around its neck. I mean come on. Lol!

nickys

Premium Member
I do research for a living and I didn't even bother to look in the France thread. :banghead::hilarious: Thanks for finding this and putting an end to my temporary insanity.

Well I did a search on this thread. Then just did a Poppins search on all threads! Luckily it was on the first couple of pages. Actually first I found a post where @Kman101 quoting it, then scrolled a couple of pages down.

It's a down day, school's out and I've done very little but surf this site :eek:

Princess Leia

Well I did a search on this thread. Then just did a Poppins search on all threads! Luckily it was on the first couple of pages. Actually first I found a post where @Kman101 quoting it, then scrolled a couple of pages down.

It's a down day, school's out and I've done very little but surf this site :eek:
You have a useful skill set and it is very much appreciated :happy:

aladdin2007

An interesting piece of information...take it for what it is worth...George Kalogridis' favorite movie is Mary Poppins. At one time he was Vice President of Operations at EPCOT...Long history with The Walt Disney Company...Now the President of the Walt Disney World Resort.

and? I dont think he has any say so or involvement when it comes to attractions. As far as I am concerned hes just another TDO exec. Wish we had someone with a vision and not just a sidekick under chapek.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
and? I dont think he has any say so or involvement when it comes to attractions. As far as I am concerned hes just another TDO exec. Wish we had someone with a vision and not just a sidekick under chapek.

He may not get final say, but I'm sure his opinion carries some weight when it comes to what gets built at the resort of which he is the President. I'm not saying that means Poppins is a go, I'm just saying that if the man likes something, it probably doesn't hurt its chances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom