News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A water area themed to a girl who likes to sail boats and boats are on water and water is nature

Your spin of hate knows no bounds, doesn't it?

While the inclusion of IP or not is a worthy debate/discussion, your portrayal of Moana as simply a girl who likes sailing as the reason for putting her IP there is comically and intentionally ignorant. In Moana, the water was a living sentient character.

Whether or not there should be IP is one topic, but if one is using IP, it would be hard to find a more fitting Disney IP than Moana. And your reduction of her to "likes sailing" is an indication that you post in bad faith.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Your spin of hate knows no bounds, doesn't it?

While the inclusion of IP or not is a worthy debate/discussion, your portrayal of Moana as simply a girl who likes sailing as the reason for putting her IP there is comically and intentionally ignorant. In Moana, the water was a living sentient character.

Whether or not there should be IP is one topic, but if one is using IP, it would be hard to find a more fitting Disney IP than Moana. And your reduction of her to "likes sailing" is an indication that you post in bad faith.
Yes, but it did have that good song in it didnā€™t it? You know, like that other one with that good song?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Thatā€™s debatable. And certainly not an attraction. But even so, how does removing a huge climate controlled environment assist with avoiding the heat unless youā€™re three years old? Another example of how mis judged and mis guided this debacle is.
That's okay. The interactive water attraction will be gorgeous, I'm sure. I don't need anyone to agree with me. The (Disney) World doesn't revolve around forum users living in the past.

RobWDW1971

Does Imagination fall on the bottom half or top half of your top 10?
And now Imagination is in "World Celebration" because um....we celebrate the imagination in the world? The map is a little confusing, or is it in "World Nature" - because um...imagination is in our nature? We imagine things about nature? Can somebody who understands this new "direction" explain this to me?

jt04

And now Imagination is in "World Celebration" because um....we celebrate the imagination in the world? The map is a little confusing, or is it in "World Nature" - because um...imagination is in our nature? We imagine things about nature? Can somebody who understands this new "direction" explain this to me?

My guess is the process is somewhere between what we saw when Hyperion Wharf was being reimagined into Disney Springs in magnitude. (Starting on a bigger scale) A lot is undecided as the dust settles over Galaxy's Edge, budgets are forecast for after the 50th, and Imagineering does blue sky concepts. This is why the preview center details seem open ended.

This will be a very long journey. IMO.

RSoxNo1

@RSoxNo1 Top Ten List.

1. Epcot Forever / HarmonioUS - the former is awful but short lived. The latter is long term, likely technologically impressive but also likely IP heavy.
2. Frozen Ever After - decent enough ride, wrong park
3. The Seas with Nemo and Friends - I have an issue with the ride, I don't have an issue with Turtle Talk. There's no effort to tie it into Epcot's themes
4. Gran Fiesta Tour - Same problems as Seas with Nemo and Friends
5. Imagination with Figment - Just an overall bad ride
6. UK Pavilion - I'm concerned Poppins won't fit
7. Cosmic Rewind's thematic fit? There are treatments that could work, but I could see them foregoing that. Not to mention the eyesore that is the building.
8. Beauty and the Beast sing a long in France
9. Play Pavilion - Doesn't seem appropriate, just an excuse to put all the characters in Epcot. I suppose that centralizing them all in one location is a good alternative to spreading characters throughout the park, but they're doing both.
10. The future of SSE - I fear they my put it in IP

I'd listen to arguments about Moana concerns as high as 9 on my list, but whatever.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom