News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

TeriofTerror

The parks aren't meant to replace the parents. If a kid is bored in World Showcase, then the parents aren't pointing out to their kids the arts and cultures and beliefs of different countries. That kind of thing fascinated me when I was a kid. Of course when I was a kid I didn't use electronic brain drugs like iPads. I just had my eyes and ears. Have kids changed so much in such a short time? I doubt it.
Hey! Not-so-great parents can be enjoyable in Epcot, too. My daughter was always trying to get me to drink more in WS, because what's more fun than a tipsy mom in WDW with a credit card? Souvenirs for everyone! :joyfull:

GiveMeTheMusic

I've seen both, and Lion King on Broadway seems to be of a higher production quality but less enjoyable for me (basically Finding Nemo the Musical).

I too enjoy Festival of the Lion King more than the bloated Lion King Broadway musical, but that doesn't make Festival Broadway caliber. Broadway caliber is an overused term that means the show would fit in, or thrive, on Broadway where it would be amongst peers. Festival, while a wonderful, thrilling show, is not that.

Disney likes to say their theme park and cruise line shows are Broadway caliber, but like...they aren't.

ToTBellHop

Festival of the Lion King is a Broadway caliber show. To a lesser extent, so is Finding Nemo the Musical
It’s closer to Cirque du Soleil than Broadway.

Although, muddying the waters is the fact that Cirque sometimes performs on Broadway...

Nemo is Broadway-style. It’s the closest WDW gets to Broadway and it struggles to draw in enough crowds. Hmmm....

wdwgreek

Although, muddying the waters is the fact that Cirque sometimes performs on Broadway...

Nemo is Broadway-style. It’s the closest WDW gets to Broadway and it struggles to draw in enough crowds. Hmmm....
We don't talk about that train wreck that inhabited the Lyric Theater for a few months. PARAMOUR did not show me any love. Agreed about Nemo, it is the closest we get at WDW to broadway, great puppets, live singing, and a Broadway musician score to boot.

BoarderPhreak

The attraction in the UK I'm most interested in is the return of half-yard glasses at the Rose & Crown. 🍺

_1D_2159.jpg

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I'd say Aladdin The Musical was broadway style as well and while I enjoyed Aladdin on broadway more than Lion King on broadway, my preference for everything being discussed here is the old DCA show.

RSoxNo1

I know I am in the minority here but I don't really care for Nemo. Ill see it if the others I am with want to, but wont go out of my way to see it alone. I miss the Tarzan Rocks show a lot though. I loved the music and action in that production. Marie
Nemo isn't my favorite either. Last month we saw it again for the first time in a few years. Aside from "Go With the Flow" I'm not really a fan of the music and that's immensely important.

Bocabear

I'm still praying this will be a Mary Poppins attraction
I would agree with you there....espcially if it's not just a carousel or other type of lightly themed spinner... The UK Pavilion deserves a better attraction... the Pub and dining areas probably generate more cash than most of the other pavilions, why not throw a little love to this way?

wannabeBelle

Nemo isn't my favorite either. Last month we saw it again for the first time in a few years. Aside from "Go With the Flow" I'm not really a fan of the music and that's immensely important.
Exactly!! That is the one song I like as well. I do like FOTLK a lot but Tarzan even beat out that. I am not sure what it was about it but it was a winner for me!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom