Anniversary Meal?

brydonj

Original Poster
We're heading over to Orlando again in Sept/Oct, and while we are there it will be our 6th anniversary.

I'm looking for somewhere to go which is a little bit different for a nice meal in the evening. I was thinking somewhere that we can possibly see one of the evening parades or fireworks, although not really fussy which, but if anyone has any other suggestions for something a bit different then these would be welcome too.

k.hunter30

I've heard that Bistro de Paris is very nice. I believe you can watch Illuminations from there.

We're trying Chefs de France on out next visit.

coltow

On our honeymoon we really enjoyed both Aritist Point and Yachtsmen Steakhouse though you won't see any fireworks at either. I understand that California Grill is very good and that there's somplace at Poly that you can see the fireworks too, though I'm not sure which restaurant it is.

Mickey&Minnie

We are going in Sept. for our 3rd anniversary. We are looking forward to Ohana's at the Poly. It will be the first time that we eat there but there chime in wishes and you can see it from the resort. Sounds romantic!!

figment1985

Artist Point is great for an anniversary dinner! They are at the Wilderness Lodge. Then you can ride the boat back to see the fireworks! you just have to time it right. They have awesome food there, and I thinnnk it's a 4 star restaurant. They've received a lot of awards. I don't think they are as expensive as Victoria & Alberts, but they are GOOD and fancy too!

spike595

I'm also going in Sept. for our 5th anniversary. Where is the best place to sit to watch the fireworks at California Grill? Also what is the best time to make ADR's so you catch the fireworks.

PigletIsMyCat

I'm also going in Sept. for our 5th anniversary. Where is the best place to sit to watch the fireworks at California Grill? Also what is the best time to make ADR's so you catch the fireworks.

The California Grill is on top of the Contemporary Resort and has a view of Magic Kingdom from a little over half of the tables, on the north and west sides of the restaurant. You need to find out what time the fireworks are for the night you want ADRs, and you need to make ressies asap, because it will fill up quick with the free dining plan. During September, Wishes takes place at MK anywhere between 6 pm and 10 pm, and some nights it will be HalloWishes during the Halloween Party.

Also, congrats to all you married-in-September people! I'll be celebrating my third this October.

We spent our honeymoon at Disney and have gone back nearly every September since. We have tried a few restaurants for our anniversary dinner. Unfortunatley for us, the food at the California Grille was terrible when we were there :( but the view of the fireworks was spectacular. We have also had dinner at Fulton's which gets noisey sometimes but they put us in a nice spot when they fond out it was our anniversary. We have also gone to Teppenyaki (probably spelled it wrong) Dining which was nice, the Coral Reef (which was awful .. I was so disappointed.). Our favorite so far was definitely Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. We took the boat back to the MK after dinner and then timed it just right to return so that we could watch the fireworks from the water. It was perfect!! This year we are trying Todd English's BlueZoo at the Dolphin.

Wherever you go, it's really hard to go wrong at Disney. Even if the food isn't all that great, just being there makes up for it........

Enjoy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom