Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary Info?

SFSC26

is the suppossed 'rivers of light' parade suppossed to be around by april or will the tenth anniversary possibly used to offically announce it?

jedimaster1227

is the suppossed 'rivers of light' parade suppossed to be around by april or will the tenth anniversary possibly used to offically announce it?

Rivers of Light does not yet have an official timeline, but they are looking at using April 22nd, 2008 (AK's 10th) as a vehicle for a media event as well as a celebration. We are working with the company on our event, being kept in the loop on their activities, but the general public most likely will be in the dark until a month before the date (at the earliest).

SFSC26

in terms of being in the dark, is there anything more to the online posts about some type of flume-ride possibly being in the works for the park?

i did notice in the imagineering field guide to disney's animal kingdom that on page 11, the picture that is next to the 'master planning' definition that the cleared land thats been between the conservation station and asia since the park opened has a HUGE river ride drawn in that area.....interesting....

jedimaster1227

I've heard nothing regarding any type of flume ride for Animal Kingdom. I highly doubt that that will be the next major investment in the park. And the land to be used next is next to/part of Camp Minnie/Mickey.

dizniz6

i did notice in the imagineering field guide to disney's animal kingdom that on page 11, the picture that is next to the 'master planning' definition that the cleared land thats been between the conservation station and asia since the park opened has a HUGE river ride drawn in that area.....interesting....

I noticed that too and think that that large river ride shown is actually what was supposed to be the Asian safari, in which you were to ride in a raft and see the animals. It was the precursor to Kali River Rapids. There are several mentions of the Asian safari and a few concept drawings of it in the imagineering field guide.

jedimaster1227

How do you think the crowds will be?

It is a little early to tell, but I assume it will be similar to the size of that present on October 1st at Epcot. Its hard to tell because I'm a little less familiar with the AK fan base. Though, if it goes as well as Disney hopes, the day may rival the parks grand opening (which I was present for).

Lee

Adventurer

If I'm thinking of the correct art, that is just the original version of Kali. It was originally designed to be much longer and more complex, with a cooler name: Tiger Rapids Run.

wickedfan07

It is a little early to tell, but I assume it will be similar to the size of that present on October 1st at Epcot. Its hard to tell because I'm a little less familiar with the AK fan base. Though, if it goes as well as Disney hopes, the day may rival the parks grand opening (which I was present for).

Since Celebration 25, Disney suddenly has an interest in marketing each park's individual anniversaries. If Celebration 25 hadn't happened, Disney probably wouldn't care whether it was AK's 10th anniversary or not. If they want this celebration to rival the park's opening, they've obviously changed their minds about anniversaries. Too bad they couldn't make that change before Epcot's 25th. I'm eager to see what comes of the event...if we see anything new announced or not, etc. Its great that people are finally paying some attention to Animal Kingdom...it has tremendous potential.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If I'm thinking of the correct art, that is just the original version of Kali. It was originally designed to be much longer and more complex, with a cooler name: Tiger Rapids Run.

I was thinking the same thing, but hadn't dug out the book to check. So, it's very likely you're thinking what i'm thinking which is what he was seeing and not thinking but we thought of so now he knows and we're all on the same page thought-wise.

I've had too much candy. *sets down keyboard and walks away*

WaltsApprentice

Although I too would like to see an Australia section, most of the animals in Australia are too small to display. With that said, I think if you moved the Kangaroos from the front, and added some wallaby's, dingoes, and koala's, in a walk through near the Nemo show we could have a mini land in Australia.

Some of the best fan ideas I've heard involve a plan similar to what I just stated for Australia, if space is necessary - I don't think too many people would miss Dinorama. I would like to see Dinoland USA just renamed to Dinoland with the Camp Minnie Mickey/Adirondack theming be part of the new North America section. You could keep Pocohantas there, but move the Lion King show to Africa. Lastly, I would like to see a Europe section between Africa and Asia that would primarily be mythical creatures. This is an abridged version of what I would like, but I do think having separate continents would be ideal.

Lol there are wallaby's... there in the front in the Oasis, in front of the Blue Macaws area... its a path that most people don't see... And according to your plan.... you making alot of moves around the park lol. FOTLK was only suppose to be there for a short time.. not meaning that it was going to move any where... but it was suppose to be a rotation show theater...but when it got so popular thats when they re-named the theater and gave lion king the spot...or at least for now. There going to inter mix the mythical creatures like the yeti was. But good idea on trying to get more in... I've never heard the idea of Europe...but they would probably avoid England and UK since that is shown in EPCOT.

WaltsApprentice

Ya because Kali, the hindu goddess of disctruction is just plan boring:lookaroun... Yawn!:ROFLOL:Yet Tigers are idolized and shown through out the attraction. But I think Kali's hidden meaning is better... There many hidden meanings through out the ride... you just have to look for them :) And trust me... they are cool!

SFSC26

thanks for clearing that up for me guys!

i always thought central america would be an awesome addition to the park.....mayan or aztec ruins strewn throughout the land...and some sort of water-based ride that deals with natural disasters (i.e. flooding) and their effect on animals, their habitats as well as humanity in the rural areas of the world....

thats why i have been looking for information on what type of attraction would be next!

i know screamscape isnt the greatest source but....
???? - New E-Ticket - Rumor - (7/26/07) It’s just a wild rumor at this point, but we’ve heard rumbling that Disney may be looking into some kind of new water flume attraction for Animal Kingdom. It’s nothing serious yet, just an idea they’re kicking around apparently for the next big follow up to Everest. Unfortunately, this also means that they are not working on Beastly Kingdom either.

i think the water attraction concept art i've seen was most likely for the original asian safari idea too....

WaltsApprentice

thanks for clearing that up for me guys!

i always thought central america would be an awesome addition to the park.....mayan or aztec ruins strewn throughout the land...and some sort of water-based ride that deals with natural disasters (i.e. flooding) and their effect on animals, their habitats as well as humanity in the rural areas of the world....

thats why i have been looking for information on what type of attraction would be next!

i know screamscape isnt the greatest source but....
???? - New E-Ticket - Rumor - (7/26/07) It’s just a wild rumor at this point, but we’ve heard rumbling that Disney may be looking into some kind of new water flume attraction for Animal Kingdom. It’s nothing serious yet, just an idea they’re kicking around apparently for the next big follow up to Everest. Unfortunately, this also means that they are not working on Beastly Kingdom either.

i think the water attraction concept art i've seen was most likely for the original asian safari idea too....

i ACTUALLY do like your central america idea! I did hear something about Joe looking into something with spiders..:lookaroun a very dangerous spider,... but this could be just a rumor, sorry can say were I heard it from...But I could have been hearing things...:veryconfu

RSoxNo1

Rivers of Light does not yet have an official timeline, but they are looking at using April 22nd, 2008 (AK's 10th) as a vehicle for a media event as well as a celebration. We are working with the company on our event, being kept in the loop on their activities, but the general public most likely will be in the dark until a month before the date (at the earliest).

When you say "we" who are you speaking of?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom