Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary Info?

starwood

Original Poster
Well 4 months later and nothing else. Truthfully, what I'm thinking now, is that they will release a special Earth Day pin, a special 10th Anniversary pin, and POSSIBLY a re-dedication ceremony. Joe Rhode should be there! That'll be fun. We can ask him about Beastly Kingdom!

If you guys are going to be there, look for me. I'll be wearing a shirt with animals and the Tree of Life on the front and lettering on the back that says April 22, 2008 Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
This is not Disney sponsored like you're asking about (yet, remember Epcot's 25th was non-existent until the last minute) but if you haven't seen this, check it out:

A Wild Decade: April 22, 2008. Register now at WDWCelebrations.com

jedimaster1227

This is not Disney sponsored like you're asking about (yet, remember Epcot's 25th was non-existent until the last minute) but if you haven't seen this, check it out:

A Wild Decade: April 22, 2008. Register now at WDWCelebrations.com

Actually, we are working with Disney for this event (as well as all of our future events) as well. We are coordinating our schedule around theirs so that our attendees can participate in both our activities, as well as theirs. :animwink:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Actually, we are working with Disney for this event (as well as all of our future events) as well. We are coordinating our schedule around theirs so that our attendees can participate in both our activities, as well as theirs. :animwink:

Oops, sorry :eek: I assumed you were working together with Disney like you did for C25, but I didn't know they had "sponsored" the activities. I guess maybe what I was meaning was that it's not something you'll see on the regular Disney website (or something like that :lol:)

Hope you guys have a great day though, sadly I have to work :(

jedimaster1227

Oops, sorry :eek: I assumed you were working together with Disney like you did for C25, but I didn't know they had "sponsored" the activities. I guess maybe what I was meaning was that it's not something you'll see on the regular Disney website (or something like that :lol:)

Hope you guys have a great day though, sadly I have to work :(

Thats my bad... I thought you meant that we weren't working with them at all. Nothing we do will be on their public access, but their events (still tentative) will be as public as the 25th Anniversary activities were for Epcot. Our events will have the ok (or they won't happen) from Disney (and most likely will be supervised, like last time), but I don't forsee anything of ours to be adopted by them. Though, as always, I have plenty of surprises in the works for our upcoming events, including A Wild Decade.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Can't wait to hear all about the surprises as they unfold! I assume there will be tons of pics and video for those of us who can't be there :).

EpcotServo

Thats my bad... I thought you meant that we weren't working with them at all. Nothing we do will be on their public access, but their events (still tentative) will be as public as the 25th Anniversary activities were for Epcot. Our events will have the ok (or they won't happen) from Disney (and most likely will be supervised, like last time), but I don't forsee anything of ours to be adopted by them. Though, as always, I have plenty of surprises in the works for our upcoming events, including A Wild Decade.

Hey, are going to make a thread about the 10th gathering on here? I'd really like to there...I usually try and get there on that day to get the Earth Day button anyways.
:D

Disney_Freak429

I have said it once I will say it again. I have a strong felling something will be said about adding Australia to the AK map. As far as good old Joe being there who knows? I'm still a bit jealous of Samantha Brown getting to ride EE with him.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You know.. can someone pass along a note to the-powers-that-be at the AK 10th event that says "Merf still has nothing to do in the park" since I don't enjoy thrill rides or shows?

All i get to do is ride the safari :( and i can't even do that after sunset.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
You know.. can someone pass along a note to the-powers-that-be at the AK 10th event that says "Merf still has nothing to do in the park" since I don't enjoy thrill rides or shows?

I shall draw up a document, and it shall include a request for air-conditioned pathways throughout.

jedimaster1227

Can't wait to hear all about the surprises as they unfold! I assume there will be tons of pics and video for those of us who can't be there :).

We will most likely cover the updates like we did last time with a photo/video thread and a text updates thread, I assume. But, we haven't yet looked at how we will do that, mostly because we are finalizing the new website design and press release. Once we get the official ball rolling, you guys will definitely know! :animwink:

Hey, are going to make a thread about the 10th gathering on here? I'd really like to there...I usually try and get there on that day to get the Earth Day button anyways.
:D

We've considered making such a thread, and as long as Steve is alright with us hosting information about our event here again, we will most likely have another set of threads for the event.

I have said it once I will say it again. I have a strong felling something will be said about adding Australia to the AK map. As far as good old Joe being there who knows? I'm still a bit jealous of Samantha Brown getting to ride EE with him.

Now Australia I wouldn't count on. I still haven't heard anything more on Australia, but I have heard about a few other things that *may* be announced for the park.

sknydave

why no rides?

jt04

We will most likely cover the updates like we did last time with a photo/video thread and a text updates thread, I assume. But, we haven't yet looked at how we will do that, mostly because we are finalizing the new website design and press release. Once we get the official ball rolling, you guys will definitely know! :animwink:

We've considered making such a thread, and as long as Steve is alright with us hosting information about our event here again, we will most likely have another set of threads for the event.

Now Australia I wouldn't count on. I still haven't heard anything more on Australia, but I have heard about a few other things that *may* be announced for the park.

Care to offer some hints as to what might be announced?

Peterwhite171

There is a massive land clearing project going on behind Everest and it can be seen on Google maps (recently updated) and it looks like a new land to me....

jt04

There is a massive land clearing project going on behind Everest and it can be seen on Google maps (recently updated) and it looks like a new land to me....

I have seen that clearing and would love it if an announcement was made at the 10th Anniversary, but I am not counting on it. We also thought a new land for WS might be announced at the Epcot 25th but nothing.:(

Peterwhite171

Well the land clearing is for something and I dont see why they would not announce it at the 10th. Epcot has not got any major land clearing projects underway and I think it's the only major one in WDW at the moment. Universal are carrying out their own for Harry Potter.

imagineer boy

They'll probably set up a wimpy little stage with Marty Sklar and a couple of other Imagineers then give a pathetic little celebration followed by a tour of the park afterwards...

Rosso11

Well back in, I think early November, they held the WDW Ambassador ceremony at AK. During the ceremony Meg Crofton made it clear that the new 2008 ambassadors will be overseeing the Ak 10th anniversary. So something must be being planned for the event. On what scale is the question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom