Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary Info?

hrcollectibles

I think The Austrailia land would be a good idea.. I mean they could even tie nemo into it.. Wasn't Crush in the East Australian Current... There we now have a place for a crush roller coaster

Lee

Adventurer
There is a massive land clearing project going on behind Everest and it can be seen on Google maps (recently updated) and it looks like a new land to me....

A - That clearing is not new. Been there for years.

B - I wouldn't spend too much time dwelling on it at this point. The next AK addition will likely not be there.

Disney_Freak429

So kill me for thinking that lol. I just don't think Theatre in The Wild fits nicely with either Dinoland USA (Where it says it is) or Asia. So with the land back there I have hope that this would be a large consideration. Nemo & Rescuers both would fit into there with I am sure many new live animals.(& some moved from where they are now) So I will live in my dream world since anything is possible & I believe it would be a good way (if not the best) to use the land for AK to expand.

brkgnews

Fillers seem to take on a life of there own at Walt Disney World...

I was referring more to the architecture than anything. The general consensus seems to be that it's permanent enough to last, without being so permanent that it can't be easily blown away if needs be for expansion (see the tents at Mickeys Toontown, Circque theatre, etc).

jt04

I was referring more to the architecture than anything. The general consensus seems to be that it's permanent enough to last, without being so permanent that it can't be easily blown away if needs be for expansion (see the tents at Mickeys Toontown, Circque theatre, etc).

You forgot the WoL building in Epcot and Backlot theater in mgm....

SFSC26

i honestly believe that camp minnie-mickey won't get the axe until another show is added somewhere in the park because when it is replaced you'll be losing two shows and the meet and greet area....

RSoxNo1

I think if they add another expansion area to the right of Everest it may have the reverse effect on that park. There is quite a bit of walking in that park, and the Asia area is already huge. I would think the next areas for expansion would be between Africa and Asia (where the bird show is, possibly extending back to Rafiki's planet watch) or Camp Minnie Mickey's area.

jedimaster1227

Epcot barely got a 25th... why should AK even get a 10th celebration? :veryconfu

For a single-day celebration, it was one of the best celebrations I have seen in my 17 years of visiting WDW. Disney views the 25th as a major success, and are very weary of a potential uproar (again) with news of them not doing an Animal Kingdom 10th anniversary event. Because of this, they are doing something to appease the fans and keep a good image. Oh, and their is always another reason to dress up a media event for such a special day... :animwink:

I'd much rather see an Autstralia section than Beastly Kingdom..I mean, come on, kangaroos, koalas, crocs..it'd be cool to see those animals at Disney, and maybe they could do something with the Irwin family?

WaltsApprentice

For a single-day celebration, it was one of the best celebrations I have seen in my 17 years of visiting WDW. Disney views the 25th as a major success, and are very weary of a potential uproar (again) with news of them not doing an Animal Kingdom 10th anniversary event. Because of this, they are doing something to appease the fans and keep a good image. Oh, and their is always another reason to dress up a media event for such a special day... :animwink:

Yes, and any day to bring a little extra attention to a park that needs it... so people don't realize how much fun you can actual can have if you know what to do, it was create so that you can have an Adventure. Yet, for some guests having an Adventure....means getting lost and many don't like that...I have not Clue on why though lol:lookaroun :lol:

WaltsApprentice

I'd much rather see an Autstralia section than Beastly Kingdom..I mean, come on, kangaroos, koalas, crocs..it'd be cool to see those animals at Disney, and maybe they could do something with the Irwin family?

PLEASE NOT THE IRWIN FAMILY:hurl:... I think Disney would not go down that path...they care for their animals too much... have you seen the Flight of Wonders in Asia! Its a very amazing show... it really gives you goose bumps (pun not inteaded lol) I didn't think this until I took the advise of a friend...and I was really glad. They really help show these animals in a great way with out them doing little bike trick or going through hoops and show it all in a conservation way:)

WaltsApprentice

Hey, are going to make a thread about the 10th gathering on here? I'd really like to there...I usually try and get there on that day to get the Earth Day button anyways.
:D

Grr Earth day is in the middle of the week this year!! I have school... Damn! You all must take millions of pictures if there is anything:) Thanks!:wave:

RSoxNo1

Although I too would like to see an Australia section, most of the animals in Australia are too small to display. With that said, I think if you moved the Kangaroos from the front, and added some wallaby's, dingoes, and koala's, in a walk through near the Nemo show we could have a mini land in Australia.

Some of the best fan ideas I've heard involve a plan similar to what I just stated for Australia, if space is necessary - I don't think too many people would miss Dinorama. I would like to see Dinoland USA just renamed to Dinoland with the Camp Minnie Mickey/Adirondack theming be part of the new North America section. You could keep Pocohantas there, but move the Lion King show to Africa. Lastly, I would like to see a Europe section between Africa and Asia that would primarily be mythical creatures. This is an abridged version of what I would like, but I do think having separate continents would be ideal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom