Animal Kingdom Or Wilderness Lodge???

MMOUSE07

Hi, I am traveling to WDW in May 08 and going to be staying onsite. I just not sure whether to stay at Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge....anyone any sugesstions that could help me decide.

Captain Hank

Both are great hotels, but my personal preference is Wilderness Lodge. I just like the theme a bit more than AKL, though I've always been very impressed when I've gone to AKL. AKL does have two major things going for it, though--its restaraunts and the animals. While I really like Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, Boma is my all-time favorite restaraunt on property. Both are excellent hotels, so it pretty much comes down to preference.

Upvote 0

kstella

It would depend on what you're looking for. AKL is cool with it's theming and the animals, but it does have some construction issues right now and seems to be pretty far from everything, making long rides to the parks. WL is more centrally located and give more transportation options.

I would pick WL.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

I've never stayed at AKL, but we always stay at WL. We love the theming, but the location is a big plus too. We love the boat ride to the MK. Also love being able to take a boat to FW for the activities there, and a boat to the Contemporay Resort. We also love the fact that the resort is on the water.....we love the views, and it is fun to watch the electrical water pageant at night. And the restaurants are great....Whispering Canyon is fun, and Artist Point is very nice.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Both are beautiful and somewhat similar. I personally like Wilderness Lodge a little bit more because of its central location. However, the Savannah's at AKL are one of a kind and the restaurants there are great (but you can also enjoy these without actually staying there). Whichever you choose though will be great.

Upvote 0

aaron2525

AKL positives,
1) savanah views from your room are incredible.
2) restaurants great
3) gorgeous lobby and rooms
AKL negatives
1) very far from epcot and MK, you can only take the bus
2) very long walk to your room if you are at the end of a hotel wing

FWL= incredible
close to mk, and restaurants rock ( please pass the ketchup).

ill be there feb 6th -13th 2008 WOOOOTTTT:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ImSweetPea

AKL..... Amazing... nothing better then waking up nice and early.... eyes still not open .... coffee... and looking out to see all the beaitiful animals!!

Upvote 0

atterris

I'm planning on going in Aug and stayed at the WL before. I loved the WL and would stay there again. My question is should my friends and I go to the WL or try something new with the AKL? We can only afford a standard room.:)

Upvote 0

Philo

We had the same problem and decided to split the stay between them. In my opinion, there is no point staying at the AKL if you don't upgrade to a savannah view so that may influence you.

Another thing you should take into account is that they are currently building the DVC villas at AKL (this will be going on till 2009). We have received a couple of letters telling us that between the hours of 9 and 5 there will be construction work going on which we may hear and can see (it's to the west of the AKL). Apparantly Disney are trying to ensure that all guests get a good view and minimum interuption and I for one don't think that the construction will be a problem.

Upvote 0

Nicole220

I've never been to WL, but I loved AKL! The food, atmosphere, and animals are amazing! I don't want to stay anywhere else now. The bus ride and walk to the room didn't bother me at all...

Upvote 0
WL or AKL?

My family and I stayed at the WL a year ago. While there my DW and I took a couple of hours one day to make the trip to AKL to see for ourselves what the difference was between AKL and SSR. WE had just bought into DVC at SSR and were considering more points at AKL. We were glad we made the trip. I remember both of us saying we were glad we were at the WL...not that we won't stay at AKL some day on our points, but we just liked WL more. We'll definitely stay at the WL again!:king: Next time we'll be in the villas. It is closer to everything though.

Upvote 0

Nicole220

Nope no kids. Are the room sizes the same at both the WL and AKL? There will be 3 adults in the room.
I've never stayed at the WL, but the AKL rooms are pretty small.
We stayed in a deluxe room (slightly bigger than a standard), and that fit 5 people, with one being under the age of 10.

Upvote 0

Kofte

We have stayed at both AKL and WL. AKL was definitely the greatest. Actually we have stayed at POR, PC, AKL, WL and Shades of Green and AKL is the best hands down. The staff there is fantastic. We ended up taking a whole day away from the parks and just staying at the resort. We did not feel the rooms were very far away at all. The "fast food" area at AKL is much better than WL and the buses took longer at WL than we felt was reasonable.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

Both hotels are great and wonderfully themed. With that said- If you plan on spending most of your time at your hotel, then I would stay at AKL, but if location is a priority, then stay at WL.

Upvote 0

Figment25

I love both resorts, however, each for different reasons, AKL is secluded and has its own bus transportation, no sharing buses with other resorts. WL is rustic and has an absolutely breathtaking lobby, you are also close to the Magic Kingdom, the boat ride is a nice change of pace from taking buses everywhere. However, I can't swear on it but I felt that the rooms at AKL were slightly larger than the ones at WL

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom