Animal Kingdom Lodge

jesslane19

Original Poster
I am going to stay at the animal kingdom lodge soon does any one have any hints and tips about the hotel.

Is their any really good family resterants where we can eat????

:lol:

Lunamis

Boma, the buffet at AKL, is fantastic!!
My sister has peanut allergies and the chef personally brought her a dish of salmon he cooked specially without nuts.

AKL is a great hotel, you'll love it!!

luvlifeinfl

We stayed at the AK 3 yrs ago, before they expanded the resort. It is a nice resort. We are trying to stay there this yr.for Thanksgiving, but all villas are booked for the dates we want. Boma is a great place to eat. take the time to go out on the grounds and explore the Savahana to look at the wildlife. Also they offer a AM safari to those staying at the AK and a breakfast included ( it cost, though) but just look into it.

expedition_evan

I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for spring break and loved it!! the hotel is absolutely beautiful!! every morning we would eat breakfast at the Mara. The Mara is a quickservice restaurant with more options than typical fast food places around the parks. they also have some really good flatbread that i would recommend! If you are an early riser then one thing that i liked to do is get up before sunrise and go out to the savanna...its so peaceful out there and a great start to your day!

krankenstein

I've stayed at AKL before. It's amazing!!

At Jambo House, you have three choices Boma, Jiko, and The Mara. Boma is good, but you'll probably want to get an ADR. They also have Jiko which you'll need an ADR for, but it isn't really a family place. The other place is The Mara which is the counter service for the restaurant.

In the new Kidani Village portion, you have Sanaa which is a table service restaurant.

Kadee

My Daughter just started the College Program and will be working the front desk at AKL! Her first day of training was yesterday. She loves it. If you get checked in my a young lady by the name of Courtney with an amazing smile, that's my baby!

Princess Clayre

If you get time do some of the free activities they offer. In the evening they do an evening animal watch with night vision googles and one of the wardens there to answer any questions. There's also fireside stories, although we never got time to join in that one. They'll give you a sheet when you check in with all the times etc..

Take time to wander around the hotel. There's lots of different look out points to see the difference animals.

Definitely try and get ADR's for Boma. It's one of our favourite restaurants.

I'll sure you'll love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom