Animal Kingdom: July 13 Update! (With Pics!!)

Rob562

I was wondering why there was a large construction wall in that area of Restaurantosaurus last month...

-Rob

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
I was wondering why there was a large construction wall in that area of Restaurantosaurus last month...
Truthfully, it was at the end of the day I discovered that station. I needed to use the restroom, and Restaurantosaurus was conveniently nearby. Had I not used their restrooms, I would never have discovered that!

Love your pics! The Restaurantosaurus update looks great...but we loved eating at those tables there...oh well!

Thanks for posting! I love it when people will update us with pictures, keeps my disney withdrawls in check...ha ha!

benji

Thanks for the cool update. I noticed the Island Mercantile DVD pic of The Wind in the Willows. When did they start selling that again? And anyone know when Song of the South will be selling again?

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
^ Something tells me with the whole "controversy" of Song of the South, I don't think it'll be anytime soon.
Hopefully by either 2016 or 2021 (70th & 75th Anniversary, respectfully) :)

Thanks for the replies! :wave:

krankenstein

The new landscaping is AWESOME! It makes the park look that much better.

Thanks for the update! :wave:

BTW, I see the Donald. :animwink:

hrcollectibles

picture.php

Just a heads up if anyone is interested in the Walt Disney Animation Collection dvd's check your local Wal-Mart (I believe they are 13.00) OR they are like 14.99 at Best Buy

hrcollectibles

I see the hidden Donald, its faint but if I'm not mistaken its contained in the circle here:

user52426pic78161247491.jpg

The eye in the middle, the bill to the left and the hat to the top right. Not sure if its intentional or if its just something that you can filter out by wanting to see it.

Am I the only one that still doesn't see it? I feel like the guy in Mall Rats who can't see the Sail Boat in the Magic eye picture

EpcotServo

Great update! ToL looks fantastic with it's new landscaping. I like this clean look, better.

Sigghhh...Sometimes I just don't know how we get along.
*shakes head*

:lol: :p

I can't wait for it to grow in, I liked the overflowing plant life a million times better. It looks more like man's in control, which is a no-no for the Man/Nature connection in that particular part of Animal Kingdom.
*Loves DAK*

teebin

*shakes head*

I can't wait for it to grow in, I liked the overflowing plant life a million times better. It looks more like man's in control, which is a no-no for the Man/Nature connection in that particular part of Animal Kingdom.
*Loves DAK*

I agree. It has to be something with either maintenance or infrastructure, ie original plants required too much work or irrigation systems needed to be replaced. Dotted plants in mulch is not AK, it is AK when it was being built. In Florida, give it 3 months... it will look all jungly once again. Also, those are all low growing plants, so sight lines must have been a consideration.

EPCOT Explorer

*shakes head*

*Loves DAK*

I know what you mean, though...It looks kinda odd now, but when it grows in, it will be better. I was talking about the finished product.

As for the overflowing plants...It was nice, but this should be a bit more extreme.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom