Angels tell Anaheim they're opting out of their lease on Angel Stadium

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
Alexis Lafreniere may very well be as close as we'll come in this draft. If Kings don't get him or maybe Byfield, I really hope they get Drysdale or Sanderson. Both are slated to be top 2 D pairing guys. Gotta find Doughty's replacement soon.
Drysdale is gonna be better than Sanderson. If the Ducks don’t get Drysdale, I’d rather they get a offensive player like Rossi. They can save their later 1st round pick and early 2nd round pick for a couple of Swedish Defensemen. Next years draft is going to have a ton of great defenseman within the first 10 picks.

TP2000

Love their website. It’s a shame the Angels didn’t have their own.

It is a slick website.

Mr. Moreno and his Angels are playing small ball compared to Mr. Samueli and his Ducks.

That said, I had no idea this development was actually spelled ocV!be. All day today I was stupid enough to think it was spelled OC Vibe.

ocV!be. That's awesome.

But it's a good thing I live in a sprawling neighborhood with lots of yard and double pane argon filled windows, because now every time I type that I'm yelling out at the top of my lungs "ocV!be!!!!!" (For those of you who have distant neighbors and want to try it yourself, the phrase is pronounced very loudly as Awk-Viiibe!!!!)

Last edited:

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
It is a slick website.

Mr. Moreno and his Angels are playing small ball compared to Mr. Samueli and his Ducks.

That said, I had no idea this development was actually spelled OC V!be. I was stupid enough to think it was spelled OC Vibe.

OC V!be. That's awesome.

But it's a good thing I live in a sprawling neighborhood with lots of yard and double pane argon filled windows, because now every time I type that I'm yelling out at the top of my lungs "OC V!be!!!!!"

I was looking at the hotel renderings and I said to myself, wouldn’t it be nice if they just took the model of the canceled new Disneyland Hotel and just placed it here instead. You couldn’t even tell if the hotel was meant for Disneyland or OC V!BE.
28BD8978-F71D-4EE6-B03E-FBD52E0469BD.jpeg
30F11B78-C577-4FB7-A90E-891241AB80EE.png

Ismael Flores

i do like the Honda idea better than the Angel proposal. I do not understand the need to put some much housing next to a large entertainment venue like that. There are already huge plots of land surrounding the platinum triangle being developed as housing. Seems like an area that is suppose to lure in tourism is being overloaded with housing. It would make sense if they considered having a mixed retail and housing with the bottom floor of all the structures being eateries and retail and upper floors being housing. Worse thing is that the city criteria for any new hotel and housing seem to be boxy ugly brown or grey buildings with no out of the box innovative designs.

Ismael Flores

I was looking at the hotel renderings and I said to myself, wouldn’t it be nice if they just took the model of the canceled new Disneyland Hotel and just placed it here instead. You couldn’t even tell if the hotel was meant for Disneyland or OC V!BE.
View attachment 479066View attachment 479067

I wish they hadn't cancelled the hotel. I know some people did not like the style or that it didn't have some kind of Disney theme but i really liked the idea of using a piece of property for multiple uses. Shopping and dining on bottom levels, open tiered gathering areas and roof top dining and entertainment. A big step up from Disneyland hotel aging towers and Paradise Pier.

Darkbeer1

i do like the Honda idea better than the Angel proposal. I do not understand the need to put some much housing next to a large entertainment venue like that. There are already huge plots of land surrounding the platinum triangle being developed as housing. Seems like an area that is suppose to lure in tourism is being overloaded with housing. It would make sense if they considered having a mixed retail and housing with the bottom floor of all the structures being eateries and retail and upper floors being housing. Worse thing is that the city criteria for any new hotel and housing seem to be boxy ugly brown or grey buildings with no out of the box innovative designs.

Money, the prior industrial/commercial properties city wide are overstocked and therefore demand lower property/land rates.

On the other hand, housing is in great demand.

Projects are happening all over the city, both in homes/condos/townhomes and apartments.

Stevek

Too bad this draft doesn’t have a generational talent. It’s a deep draft though. I’m hoping if the Ducks don‘t get a top 3 pick, we try and draft Drysdale.

You may get your chance if he's still there at 6. We got very lucky to get the 2 pick. Gut tells me we go Byfield.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
You may get your chance if he's still there at 6. We got very lucky to get the 2 pick. Gut tells me we go Byfield.
You go with Stutzle with that 2nd pick. That kid dominated the German league. Byfield has high upside and is huge. I guess Kopitar can mentor him, but he won’t be as good as Kopitar. I hope the Ducks do get Drysdale unless Ottawa takes him with their second pick. This draft was rigged btw. I hope a team like Chicago or New York doesn’t get the 1st overall pick.

Stevek

You go with Stutzle with that 2nd pick. That kid dominated the German league. Byfield has high upside and is huge. I guess Kopitar can mentor him, but he won’t be as good as Kopitar. I hope the Ducks do get Drysdale unless Ottawa takes him with their second pick. This draft was rigged btw. I hope a team like Chicago or New York doesn’t get the 1st overall pick.

Not going to play the rigged card though it's definitely disappointing that one of the play in teams got the first pick.

Everything I've read is that both Byfield and Stutzle are very even but potentially more upside with Byfield. He's a beast with speed and great hands. I really won't be upset with either guy, both are projected to be high impact players wherever they land.

Here's a couple of good overviews on both guys:

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
Not going to play the rigged card though it's definitely disappointing that one of the play in teams got the first pick.

Everything I've read is that both Byfield and Stutzle are very even but potentially more upside with Byfield. He's a beast with speed and great hands. I really won't be upset with either guy, both are projected to be high impact players wherever they land.

Here's a couple of good overviews on both guys:

I think I read somewhere that Mayor said don’t be surprise to see the Kings picking Lucas Raymond with their pick. If that’s true, then I would hope they would trade down. It would be dumb to pick him #2 overall.

Stevek

I think I read somewhere that Mayor said don’t be surprise to see the Kings picking Lucas Raymond with their pick. If that’s true, then I would hope they would trade down. It would be dumb to pick him #2 overall.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too happy unless they know something we all don't. Yannetti is one of the best amateur scouts in the business so I know he and his team will do or have done all their homework on these kids.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
Yeah, I wouldn't be too happy unless they know something we all don't. Yannetti is one of the best amateur scouts in the business so I know he and his team will do or have done all their homework on these kids.
It’s going to be nice for both teams when all of these kids we drafted finally make it to the big club. The Ducks should have started their rebuild a year earlier but Barstool Bob for some reason chose not too. I’m hoping for one more year of missing the playoffs so we can get another lottery pick. After that, we should be competitive again. We are on the hook for over 6 million next year for Perry so no big free agent acquisitions this offseason.

Darkbeer1

At tonight's Planning Commission meeting, the Director, Ted White was discussing future Items that will be in front of the Commission in the next few months.

He stated that the Angel Stadium Development Master Plan would more than likely be heard at the end of August.

This matched the desire of SRB to move forward quickly, and wants an agreement before the November election, to insure a friendly council (well, except for one councilmember).

Phroobar

So why exactly do I want to live next to the 57 freeway and in a baseball tourist trap? Those apartments can't even see into the stadium. Southern California isn't the east coast.

RescueTheDay

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom