And you thought the new napkins were cool... (2005)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
They also have this same design on the little stickers they give out for free. I really hope the original Mickey Mouse face stickers are still avaliable, but I am not positive. All I have been seeing around the parks lately is the newer style sticker.

And something that hits close to home for me, this design is also on the Popcorn boxes (not buckets).

While all this is fine and dandy, over at Disneyland, they got new bags, popcorn BUCKETS, and they even have an 50th Anniversary Cokes, and Official HCOE juice drink, and Tinkerbell glow straws!

speck76

ISTCrew20 said:
And new merchandise bags:
tammsmebag.jpg

FYI....in case this has not been mentioned.

The "small" bags are yellow on the Mickey side

The "medium" bags are black on the Mickey side

The "large" bags are yellow on the Mickey side, but they only have Mickey from the waste up (same picture, only from the waste up)

All of the bags are the same on the back side.

heather tomchik

For those of you who missed the monumental napkin thread last week, here is a review. On the top is the old napkin, and the napkin on the bottom is the new napkin:

100_0724.jpg

but hold the phone

After a trip to Disney today, it seems alot more stuff has been changed. Look at this:

New Cups:
100_0741.jpg

New Food Containers (burger and fries):
100_0742.jpg

And new merchandise bags:
tammsmebag.jpg
I read , with much trepidation, of the possibilities of generic paperware, and just wouldnt believe Disney would do that to its fans. I, for one, collect the bags, napkins , cups, and whatever else is clean enough to fit into my Mickey backpack. They are an integral part of my experience and I can differentiate year from year, trip from trip by the different designs... yes, even though they have been the same for many of the trips, but when put with the tickets, fastpasses and park schedules, they recreate each Disney trip experience. During those dry spells when I cannot get to 'The happiest place on earth", I can pull out my paper ware and turn my kitchen into the Horseshoe Review or the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour. I also use my collection of black mickey head plates for entertaining... they are great for chips and salsa, or for when we have children over for dinner. With the new designs, looks like I will once again be embarrassing my daughter and rinsing out my soda cups. Don't let anyone ever tell you the cup designs don't matter!:eek:

The Empress Lilly

I read , with much trepidation, of the possibilities of generic paperware, and just wouldnt believe Disney would do that to its fans. I, for one, collect the bags, napkins , cups, and whatever else is clean enough to fit into my Mickey backpack. They are an integral part of my experience and I can differentiate year from year, trip from trip by the different designs... yes, even though they have been the same for many of the trips, but when put with the tickets, fastpasses and park schedules, they recreate each Disney trip experience. During those dry spells when I cannot get to 'The happiest place on earth", I can pull out my paper ware and turn my kitchen into the Horseshoe Review or the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour. I also use my collection of black mickey head plates for entertaining... they are great for chips and salsa, or for when we have children over for dinner. With the new designs, looks like I will once again be embarrassing my daughter and rinsing out my soda cups. Don't let anyone ever tell you the cup designs don't matter!:eek:
Your hobby is no more.

The current WDW is a mean and sorry corporate machine. They realised that a lot of people really loved magical little Disney touches such as Mickey napkins and cups - so they did away with them.

You will have to pay for your souvenirs from now on. Mugs are now the number one sold souvenir. Disney would like to exploit this lucrative merchandise segment without interference from free Disney cups.
Everybody wants to take home a bit of the magic, so the object is to decrease the opportunities to do so for free. You shall have to buy your drinks in souvenir mugs if you want a keepsake.

(with the usual disclaimer that the napkins seem to be gone, and the cups remain to be seen)

John

2005.....so in 7 yrs it has come to this.....generic.....plain. So sad, I still have some of this stuff...Just look at it. Screams Disney! Retro Mickey. What would have people thought in 2005 if someone told them that in 2012 all this stuff was to be no more.....that ot would be plain and generic.....what would they think? In 2008 when PI closed did you think PI would be a ghost town for four years?

devoy1701

Your hobby is no more.

The current WDW is a mean and sorry corporate machine. They realised that a lot of people really loved magical Disney touches such as Mickey napkins and cups - so they did away with them.

You will have to pay for your souvenirs from now on. Mugs are now the number one souvenir. Disney would like to exploit this lucrative merchandise segment without interference from free Disney cups.
Everybody wants to take home a bit of the magic, so the object is to decrease the opportunities to do so for free. You shall have to buy your drinks in souvenir mugs if you want a keepsake.

damn that padding of the bottom line! :mad:

aladdin2007

Okay this thread is so misleading, I was getting excited to see walt disney world resort on the items again and yet all of this is gone and not current....this thread needs to be done away with or something why was it even bumped.....But I do remember those bags and cups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom