And the hits keep coming for Carnival

The Mom

Premium Member
I've seen posts on Cruise Critic complaining about water leaking from the pool down into Deck 9 on this (or another) Carnival ship- posted in 2009!

jaklgreen

I know this is snobby, but we were next to two Carnival ships in Nassau last week and I genuinely felt sorry for everyone on those ships. The exterior was so disgusting with dinginess, rust, chipped paint, etc; I can only imagine what the interior looked like. Then of course the ships themselves were ugly compared to the elegant Disney Magic. I just don't understand it. If I was going to cruise, I would save the money and cruise with class every few years with Disney than throw money at an "affordable" getaway.

We have seen some of those ships also. They do look run down and gross. Some of them even have what looks like astroturf on their pool deck. We could hear other around us commenting on it also. I do believe you get what you pay for in cruising. I do think that the cheap Carnival cruises do have their market with the young crowd that maybe does not have as much money and all they want to do is drink and party. But for me in this stage of life, I want other things.

EOD K9

We have seen some of those ships also. They do look run down and gross. Some of them even have what looks like astroturf on their pool deck. We could hear other around us commenting on it also. I do believe you get what you pay for in cruising. I do think that the cheap Carnival cruises do have their market with the young crowd that maybe does not have as much money and all they want to do is drink and party. But for me in this stage of life, I want other things.
I’m going to briefly play half of Devil’s Advocate, but rust shows up on white paint a lot easier. However, DCL is constantly cleaning at every chance.

jaklgreen

I’m going to briefly play half of Devil’s Advocate, but rust shows up on white paint a lot easier. However, DCL is constantly cleaning at every chance.
I have been on a Celebrity cruise and the ship was very run down. There was that all over the pool deck and torn carpets, etc. Long past due for a refurb.

NelleBelle

Even though I’m not a Princess fan (my parents are high up in the loyalty program), the one cruise I took with them at least had decent pool facilities. It certainly was no DCL but I felt it was a few steps up from carnival (I know that at might sound snobby as well)

The Mom

Premium Member
Please stay on topic, which really is not a discussion of all of the pros and cons of every cruise line, nor why a vacation taken on any cruise ship that is family oriented (or any resort) will have more children during school vacations, or what type of cruises people prefer.

The thread update is about maintenance (or lack there of) on some cruise ships on this cruise line.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I know this is snobby, but we were next to two Carnival ships in Nassau last week and I genuinely felt sorry for everyone on those ships. The exterior was so disgusting with dinginess, rust, chipped paint, etc; I can only imagine what the interior looked like. Then of course the ships themselves were ugly compared to the elegant Disney Magic. I just don't understand it. If I was going to cruise, I would save the money and cruise with class every few years with Disney than throw money at an "affordable" getaway.

When we're docked next to a Carnival ship in Nassau, I so want to yell, "na na na na na, our ship is better than yours!" 😁

Miss Bella

Perfect example of "you get what you pay for".

You may get 3 cruises for the price of 1, but your chance of being stranded in the middle of the ocean is becoming increasingly more likely. I consider that unacceptable enough to avoid any consideration I'd ever have of sailing Carnival.
I've cruised Disney over 20 times and I've done a handful of Carnival cruises. I love the new Carnival ships. I guess I'll take my chances .

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Carnival Horizon hits the pier in NYC this morning. Looks like pretty minimal damage, thankfully.

40353122_10212060574053476_7841601643786272768_o.jpg

40261766_10212060573933473_4492252100436164608_n.jpg

40236455_10212060574733493_5980469057458012160_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom