And I Think to Myself....What a Wonderful World with Magic Friends

cdunbar

No problem - believe me the carpet guy is just as annoyed - called the whole
thing a 'gigantic pain in the butt' :lol:

And I just gave Joel is eye drops and now there's more goop in his eye. :brick: So Friday back at school is now looking not so possible. Poor little man. :( I am bundling him up here in a moment and going to get him Burger King for lunch. But with all the pollen still floating around, I'm going to have to say no to going out to swing. And the whining will commence. :dazzle:
O sweetie, I'm sorry I know it's not easy to deal with any sick kid but I'm sure with Joel it's even harder, but ya know Jen I really admire you. I know some Mom's who just don't have the strength to deal with Autistic children, but you just take it one day at a time and put one foot in front of the other, you don't ask God why he dealt you this hand you just accept it and that's what I love and admire about you. :kiss:

PotteryGal

Original Poster
O sweetie, I'm sorry I know it's not easy to deal with any sick kid but I'm sure with Joel it's even harder, but ya know Jen I really admire you. I know some Mom's who just don't have the strength to deal with Autistic children, but you just take it one day at a time and put one foot in front of the other, you don't ask God why he dealt you this hand you just accept it and that's what I love and admire about you. :kiss:
Oh Christa - you just made me cry. :cry::cry::cry: THANK you.

God doesn't give a person more than he/she can handle - although sometimes we might question why He trusts us so much :animwink: - but I see other moms whose kids are more severe than him, and they keep on marching too. If you take your job as mom seriously, you just HAVE to. You don't bury your head in the sand, and it's waste of time to think of what MIGHT have been. To have Joel not be autistic, well, he wouldn't be Joel, would he? I just hope we can get to a world where autism isn't automatically seen as something that has to be debilitating - just as a difference in processing our world and appropriately dealing with that difference.

cdunbar

Oh Christa - you just made me cry. :cry::cry::cry: THANK you.

God doesn't give a person more than he/she can handle - although sometimes we might question why He trusts us so much :animwink: - but I see other moms whose kids are more severe than him, and they keep on marching too. If you take your job as mom seriously, you just HAVE to. You don't bury your head in the sand, and it's waste of time to think of what MIGHT have been. To have Joel not be autistic, well, he wouldn't be Joel, would he? I just hope we can get to a world where autism isn't automatically seen as something that has to be debilitating - just as a difference in processing our world and appropriately dealing with that difference.
When I was younger I questioned that alot, I was like why do you keep throwing things at me, there are only so many obstacles I can jump over, but as I've gotten older I've realized the reason behind it is to make me a stronger person. And as far as making you cry that was never my intention, I promise, I just wanted you to know that I notice all you do for your children and everyone around you...:eek:

And I just re-read the last part and wanted to say that I think there will be a day when they figure out what is behind autism what causes it, what we can do to prevent it, or even cure it I hope and I hope you do to being the parent of an autistic child are still around when God finally grants us that day.

cdunbar

I have to get ready for work, my boss wanted to write a grant then she changed her mind after I spent all day hauling boxes down 3 flights of stairs, wondering if anyone would hear me scream when I fell and busted my head open, but now she wants to look through the boxes so I have to bring them all back down because I put them up last night because I thought she was done! :brick:

PotteryGal

Original Poster
When I was younger I questioned that alot, I was like why do you keep throwing things at me, there are only so many obstacles I can jump over, but as I've gotten older I've realized the reason behind it is to make me a stronger person. And as far as making you cry that was never my intention, I promise, I just wanted you to know that I notice all you do for your children and everyone around you...:eek:

And I just re-read the last part and wanted to say that I think there will be a day when they figure out what is behind autism what causes it, what we can do to prevent it, or even cure it I hope and I hope you do to being the parent of an autistic child are still around when God finally grants us that day.

Oh no, it was a good cry (sorry I disappeared, we had our lunch). :kiss:

And this may sound strange to you, but I don't think autism needs to be cured - I think it needs to be understood. To say it needs cured imo means it's looked at as an illness - which it isn't. It has to do with brain wiring...what I hope is for the children who are more severely affected, that treatments can be found that will help them to become more independent. That they can communicate in a way that the neurotypical world can understand and communicate back....that willful ignorance of those who smugly state 'that's not my problem' is silenced.....I could go on, but you get the idea.
((Hugs)) for you today at work. I hope your afternoon goes well.

PotteryGal

Original Poster

mpoppins76

:ROFLOL:

Hey, there's a character on Sesame Street now named Niblet!
Niblet.jpg

Disnut

Hello everyone.

I just had to call the doc for myself.
I am having more problems down under.
doc said to really take it easy this weekend and if things don't get better call Monday and he will see me then.
Otherwise appt on Wed.

Good news Christina went to the dentist this morning
She gets her braces off on the 17th. Yippie!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom