An Overdue Update

uklad79

I love the waterparks but really wish they would come up with a cashless system where a card could be carryed around the park to charge things to. It would make people spend more on food and drink due to the ease of it. I am sure WnW offer somthing like this and Discovery Cove used to offer this before food and drink was included in the price.

PLTram

TL definitely needs more rides...It pales in comparison to BB. Now all they need to do is expand their music rotation. Its not that I don't like the 60s surf music theme (I love it), they just need to add another 4 or 5 hours of songs so that you don't have to hear repeats.

bgraham34

I want a more scary mansion at night. I do hope i like the new changes being done. I am more worried about the mansion then i was pirates.

darthjohnny

TL definitely needs more rides...It pales in comparison to BB. Now all they need to do is expand their music rotation. Its not that I don't like the 60s surf music theme (I love it), they just need to add another 4 or 5 hours of songs so that you don't have to hear repeats.

In reality, both water parks are actually tied for the amount of attractions (excluding Winter Summerland golf).

I think after Typhoon lagoon gets their ride, they probably will soon start on one for Blizzard Beach.

TestTrack

I love the waterparks but really wish they would come up with a cashless system where a card could be carryed around the park to charge things to. It would make people spend more on food and drink due to the ease of it. I am sure WnW offer somthing like this and Discovery Cove used to offer this before food and drink was included in the price.

They've invented those before...they're called Debit/credit cards :king:

Not sure if they are accepted at all the locations in BB and TL...but being disney...I find it hard they would turn down money.

cmatt

They've invented those before...they're called Debit/credit cards :king:

Not sure if they are accepted at all the locations in BB and TL...but being disney...I find it hard they would turn down money.

do you want to take your debit card onto a slide? :confused: i know i wouldnt, being 4 thousand miles away from my local bank of scotland.... and damaging the card.

more to the point the charges for us brits to use our cards anywhere but the uk is tbh sickening. :brick:

a pre paid card would be ideal :king:

Thurp

- Much work is being done right now on the incoming attraction at Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. The cinematic attraction is roughly two years away, but hopes are high that we can have it completed six months earlier.

Cinematic attraction? Are we talking yet another film attraction? ie. a movie? Enough! I almost rather not have one than to have one of these things that you catch a couple of times and then don't bother again unless it's raining. But I guess they are crowd soakers with good capacity.

jasondiff

do you want to take your debit card onto a slide? :confused: i know i wouldnt, being 4 thousand miles away from my local bank of scotland.... and damaging the card.

more to the point the charges for us brits to use our cards anywhere but the uk is tbh sickening. :brick:

a pre paid card would be ideal :king:

I'm pretty sure you can use your Disney room charge at most places at TL and BB. Just another perk for onsite guests I suppose.
But you can buy pre-paid debit cards here in the US. They are essentially a Visa card with $50 or $100 on it. Usually the upfront charge is a few bucks. So there's an option for offsite guests.

BTW, great to hear from you again E-Dew! Some of us were worried you were fired! :)

t3techcom18

I'm pretty sure you can use your Disney room charge at most places at TL and BB. Just another perk for onsite guests I suppose.
But you can buy pre-paid debit cards here in the US. They are essentially a Visa card with $50 or $100 on it. Usually the upfront charge is a few bucks. So there's an option for offsite guests.

BTW, great to hear from you again E-Dew! Some of us were worried you were fired! :)

Indeed you can use your room keys, for pretty much everything at TL, probably would be the same for BB. As a CM there at TL, I see and deal with it allll the time, haha. It is pretty smart though to use the room keys. You don't know how many times I've seen wet money, and it's not easy to handle either, haha.

Thanks for the update Re!

Disneyfanman

Before anyone naysays the multiple-choice-slide as unlikely..

A very similiar tube slide used to exist at Adventure Island Tampa Bay. You'd slide down until you got to a splash-down pool, then a lifeguard would fling you down into the next portion. It wasn't really a "pipe" like most slides but rather soft foamy stuff build into the side of a landscaped mountain.

Noah's Ark in the Wisconsin Dells had exactly that concept for 20 years. They took it out a couple of years ago and I always miss it when I go. They had you walk to the top of the "mountain" with your tube though. It was a very nice, very unusual trip down through the various flumes and slides.

tirian

Schlitterbaun in Texas has such a system, and it works very well. It's basically a bracelet.

Rob562

I * know* I've read somewhere that Disney introduced a smaller water-proof version of the Disney Gift Card specifically for use at the water parks. I believe it was the size of one of those larger grocery store keytags, and it came with a strap to wear it on your wrist. But I've done some searching and I can't find it lsited anywhere. Perhaps someone else can shed some light?

EDIT:
Did a search here on WDWMagic and came up with this quote: (emphasis is my own)
if you dont want to carry cash you can get a disney gift card from everywhere at disney and have cash put on it, then its swiped off at a till point when you want to purchase something.

i did this in feb when i stayed at all star resort got a card the first day then just put dollars on it everyday its like a small credit card, if you go to a water park there do small cards that you can wear around your wrist on a strap! great idea

great for kids so they dont blow the pocket money on one day!!

-Rob

uklad79

I * know* I've read somewhere that Disney introduced a smaller water-proof version of the Disney Gift Card specifically for use at the water parks. I believe it was the size of one of those larger grocery store keytags, and it came with a strap to wear it on your wrist. But I've done some searching and I can't find it lsited anywhere. Perhaps someone else can shed some light?

EDIT:

-Rob

Thanks for that Rob. I will ask on my next trip about it. They really should promote it. If I put $20 on the card for the day I would spend it all, where as going back to the locker for cash and then taking the change back is too much hassle for small purchases.

EDIT:

-Rob

We went to BB in April and you can get a small gift card on a bracelet to use. You can also use it throughout the property if you don't spend all the money at the waterpark. It is about the size of the photopass card they give you at the waterparks. We still have ours and will be taking it on our next trip as they are reusable.

DisneyDellsDude

Noah's Ark in the Wisconsin Dells had exactly that concept for 20 years. They took it out a couple of years ago and I always miss it when I go. They had you walk to the top of the "mountain" with your tube though. It was a very nice, very unusual trip down through the various flumes and slides.

I remember that. Now they have the Black Anaconda there. I have to say that that is a FUN watercoaster!

RSoxNo1

Has their been anything more revealed about the rumored $1 billion in improvements to DCA?

If you haven't read it already, the Al Lutz article can be found here:
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al071707a.htm

Is this type of spending a one time thing to basically redo a theme park, or will we be seeing a lot of money invested in the theme parks in the future. Do we dare dream that all of our stateside parks will be as impressive as Tokyo's Disney Sea?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom