An Overdue Update

WDWFigment

Cinematic attraction? Are we talking yet another film attraction? ie. a movie? Enough! I almost rather not have one than to have one of these things that you catch a couple of times and then don't bother again unless it's raining. But I guess they are crowd soakers with good capacity.

I like the idea of adding anything to Magic Kingdom with high capacity and a location that is likely to draw people in. Even if I rarely visit the attraction, at least I know it's cutting the wait time off the attractions I am visiting by a couple of minutes (by absorbing some of the crowd).

On a different note, this seems to be the most unpopular/least well received of ReDew's updates. I wonder why; I consider this one the most exciting!

nibblesandbits

DisneyExplorer said:
That's a shame!!!!!! Too scary????? I don't think so. Are you sure there is nothing we can do to get them to have the ghosts lunge at guests like they were supposed to. The mansion has plenty of comical areas so a little scary effect shouldn't be a problem.

I'm gonna be the voice of dissension, but I'm happy to hear that (if this all is true) those ghosts won't be coming out at you! I'm 24 and was terrified of the pop up ghosts. So much so, I closed my ears (and sometimes eyes) when I knew that scene was coming. It scared the crap outta me. To hear that there was the possibility of ghosts coming out at me...I think I would have had a heart attack. And there are lots of other people who are terrified of things coming out at them.

JimboJones123

ReDisniey E-Dew -- Sure glad you're back. Hope you had a good layover. Glad you wern't fired or whatever was threatened. Like another posted, any news on Westcot -- or DCA or whatever they are calling it these days? Sounds like they are investing 10 Everests into the place, better be impressive.

Gorjus

I love the waterparks but really wish they would come up with a cashless system where a card could be carryed around the park to charge things to. It would make people spend more on food and drink due to the ease of it. I am sure WnW offer somthing like this and Discovery Cove used to offer this before food and drink was included in the price.

WDW does have that. It comes on a wrist bracelet.

TL definitely needs more rides...It pales in comparison to BB. Now all they need to do is expand their music rotation. Its not that I don't like the 60s surf music theme (I love it), they just need to add another 4 or 5 hours of songs so that you don't have to hear repeats.

As a CM at TL, I would just be happy if every month they would switch out the sound tracks. Have 2 and rotate each month. However, I'm lovin' the Annette Funicello songs:sohappy: :sohappy:

Thanks for that Rob. I will ask on my next trip about it. They really should promote it. If I put $20 on the card for the day I would spend it all, where as going back to the locker for cash and then taking the change back is too much hassle for small purchases.

Yes we have it, and for goodness sake, don't use it. You can't cash out, so every dollar or two that is left at the end of your trip goes to WDW. Buy a water proof case and put your stuff in it.

ExBellhop

but how did they get those videos of people in the park?

Who says the video was of people actually IN that park? ;)

Happens all the time in amusement park advertising. Most of the general public won't care that the new roller coaster at their home park is a slightly different shade of green than the one in the commercial. Anything to get the commercial on the air sooner :)

-ExBellhop

brkgnews

Who says the video was of people actually IN that park? ;)

Happens all the time in amusement park advertising. Most of the general public won't care that the new roller coaster at their home park is a slightly different shade of green than the one in the commercial. Anything to get the commercial on the air sooner :)

-ExBellhop
Six Flags is the world's worst -- when Goliath launched at Six Flags over Georgia, we got footage of a "goliath" at another 6F park... not even from the same ride manufacturer, so it looked completely different.

Of course, how many times have we seen DL's (two-wide seats) Space Mountain footage in WDW commercials and promo materials?

Not to mention the acid-washed jeans and big hair from the 80s when that video was shot. :lookaroun :zipit:

JimboJones123

When they added Texas Titan to Six Flags Over Texas, they sent us file of Goliath at Tragic Mountian in CA to use for the newscast. LAME!!!

jasondiff

Yes we have it, and for goodness sake, don't use it. You can't cash out, so every dollar or two that is left at the end of your trip goes to WDW. Buy a water proof case and put your stuff in it.

Is it the same type of Disney gift card used elsewhere? If so then you can always spend the rest of the money at your resort or at a park. Or bring it back next time; it doesn't expire.

fyn

This is off topic, and largely inspired by someone else's post from a while ago, who I think was close...

But I figured out the OP's username, meant to be read backwards.

WED (as in WED Enterprises)
Wed-eye (as in Red eye flight)
Insider (duh)

He (she?) is an imagineer that takes loads of red eye flights, flying to/from WDW and DL.

Am I right? huh huh huh?

ToTBellHop

I don't recall them ever saying, "that's wrong." A lot of things along the lines of that they can't confirm, but they've heard vague mentionings.
Lee has actually confirmed what the OP has said on several occassions, or at least confirmed hearing "something similar". There is really no question that the OP at least has friends at WDI, if he is not personally an Imagineer. He knows too much for that not to be the case.

DisneyBride94

I love the waterparks but really wish they would come up with a cashless system where a card could be carryed around the park to charge things to. It would make people spend more on food and drink due to the ease of it. I am sure WnW offer somthing like this and Discovery Cove used to offer this before food and drink was included in the price.

Well...if you are a resort guest, you have charging priviledges on your room card...so they have this...otherwise, you could just use a credit card... I always wear a surf safe at the waterparks.

SDav10495

This is off topic, and largely inspired by someone else's post from a while ago, who I think was close...

But I figured out the OP's username, meant to be read backwards.

WED (as in WED Enterprises)
Wed-eye (as in Red eye flight)
Insider (duh)

He (she?) is an imagineer that takes loads of red eye flights, flying to/from WDW and DL.

Am I right? huh huh huh?

You're right about it being read backwards, but there aren't two "WED"s, it's just the one "WED-Eye". I think most take that to mean he's our "eye" inside "WED". ;) The red-eye theory is certainly a new one, though...

WDWFigment

In any case, it appears our fun insider has disappeared. It was fun while it lasted, and I hope he returns, but it's been quite some time...

PeoplemoverTTA

I cannot comment further on the Imagination! changes, but I will release more information as it becomes less tightly controlled. Until that point, take your salt and let this one little spark of information tide you over...

This is all excellent information! I heard a rumor on another board that Imagination could possibly get a re-theme as a Muppets pavilion (hence the MML making the rounds at EPCOT), with Figment essentially "becoming" a Muppet.

Interesting rumor to munch on for awhile....

tirian

^^ That rumor is falsely based on the recent Muppet Mobile Lab Guest survey at Epcot. Some of the survey questions seemed to suggest that the Muppets were moving into the Imagination pavilion.

It's not true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom