An idea for a ride. Gummi Bears.

DonMuppetFan83

Original Poster
I was just watching some episodes of Gummi Bears and Darkwing Duck and I was thinking. If youve ever seen the Gummi Bears, when they travel around they use a series of underground loops. In the first episode they show the human (Kevin) how it works and they take off and they go down a drop into loops.

I think this would be a awesome little coaster they could put either inside or out. But I think it could work inside. It wouldnt need to be a full blown coaster, but I think it could work and reconnect todays kids with a show I know I watched when it originally came on. Along with Tale Spin, Chip & Dale, Darkwing, and Duck Tales.

Just a idea, let me know youre thoughts.

FYI, for those interested, I have links to all the episodes on you tube of the above mentioned shows.

NewfieFan

Sounds interesting! I will have to refresh my memory on the Gummi Bears... it has been a while since I've seen that show!

I want a lot of the old characters to come back anyway. I think kids would get into them again. I just bought Goof Troop for my son and he loved it and wanted to know if he could meet Max (I think that's his name) in the parks! Duck Tails, Rescue Rangers, etc. are all awesome shows and I think they would still be popular today!

DonMuppetFan83

Original Poster
Amen to that. I still to this day will watch those shows. Just takes me back to a kid. I was so happy when Fraggle Rock came out on DVD, and then all these shows hit too.

How is the Goof Troop split up? Is it by season or volumes?

Cmdr_Crimson

There was a ride based on them...Well actually a renaming of an old ride at DL..This is the info from Wikipedia..
The show's popularity also led to a re-theming of Disneyland's Motor Boat Cruise, along with a small part of Disneyland that became known as "Disney Afternoon Avenue." The Motor Boat Cruise became the "Motor Boat Cruise to Gummi Glen" and plywood characters from the show made Gummi Berry juice along the waterway. The Gummi Bears, along with Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters, have also been featured as costumed walkabouts in Disney theme parks who greet guests

TheAmazingBobbo

Gummi Bears was perhaps my favorite cartoon growing up in the late 80s and I think the ride idea would be really cool. And to answer the question, the series has been out on DVD for at least a year and a half, as a buddy of mine bought it for me for Christmas 2007.

NewfieFan

Amen to that. I still to this day will watch those shows. Just takes me back to a kid. I was so happy when Fraggle Rock came out on DVD, and then all these shows hit too.

How is the Goof Troop split up? Is it by season or volumes?

I'm not sure (and I'm away from home so I can't check at the moment)! I think it's split up in volumes... it has four episodes, maybe!?! It was really cheap at Walmart, though! My son loved it... he thought it was "cool"!:)

Uncle Lupe

I haven't thought about these shows in years. Didn't they have a special drink, Gummy Berry juice, that made them go crazy fast? Kinda like Red Bull with a Stacker chaser.

That is so funny that you mentioned this. A couple days ago I was talking to my husband about the Gummi Bears and Care Bears and how they should make rides out of them. Along with like tale spin and a few other good cartoon from back in the day. I love the winnie the pooh ride so if they made more rides like that.......I would be absolutely ecstatic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom