An Idea a day keeps the Doctors Away (Daily Open Brainstorming Prompts)

Imagineer Brandon

i had so many ideas for this one lol but i decided to go for something simple, highly themed, and easily recognizable.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Welcome to Princess Peach's Castle! As her invited guest, you'll be able to stay in the castle and enjoy all it has to offer. There's something for everyone, from Toads to Goombas to humans. Your journey starts with a hand written invitation in the mail, from the princess herself. For those who accept it, you'll find a luxurious hotel with a wide variety of rooms for all guests. Families might gravitate towards Adventure Rooms, which have Nintendo Switches inside them along with a selection of games. These rooms are brightly colored and feature quirky decorations, like replications of the paintings found in Super Mario 64 and blankets with level layouts from classic Super Mario games on them. Couples on the other hand will want to go for the romantic Royal Suites, found near the top of the castle. These rooms are both comfortable and spacious, with spectacular views of the resort.

Start your day off right at Peach's Bakery, which serves both Starbucks Coffee and unique snacks and drinks. Who doesn't want to try one of Yoshi's cookies or a cup of fruity Chuckola Cola? Breakfast, lunch, and dinner can be found at Toadette's Diner, a character dining experience where guests can grab a bite and take a picture with Mario or one of his friends. Perhaps you're in the mood for a more intimate experience? Make a reservation and head to the top floor to dine at Rosalina's establishment, The Kitchen. Share a bottle of wine, indulge in a delicious meal, and gaze out at the stars. Finish the meal with our signature dessert, Peach's Strawberry Layer Cake.

Grab a memento of your time at the castle in the Item Shop. Here you can find plush toys, playsets, clothing, and supplies for your adventures in the resort. Maybe Toad Labs is more your speed. This store sells Nintendo games both old and new along with Amiibo, including some that are rather rare. So you've dined and shopped, what next? Why not stop by Toadsworth's Theater, where pantomime shows portraying Super Mario stories are shown by the hour.

Younger adventurers are sure to appreciate Mario Maker, an indoor playground where they can build their own obstacle courses using blocks, pipes, enemies, and more. Guests of all ages can have fun in the Courtyard, an outdoor area featuring several pools, waterslides, and other interactive elements. Pipe slides provide an exciting but relatively tame experience, but the bold will want to climb Bowser's Castle to reach the Bullet Bill Blaster slide for a massive drop. Looking to get back at someone who splashed you? Head to the Dueling Airships, where you can man your very own water cannon.

We hope you enjoyed your stay at Princess Peach's Castle! The game might be over for now, but you're welcome to come back anytime.

Miru

Ratio: 27/52

Last time, our subject was on adding a new Hotel for Universal Orlando Resort. There were plenty of ideas tossed around.

Today’s challenge is to create a phase 2 expansion of the Walt Disney Family Museum. New rooms can be added to the museum, along with more shops and such.

Miru

28/52

3 Streaks Matched

Last time, we covered a Phase 2 for The Walt Disney Family Museum. The best pick was to add Magic Skyway, an attraction that never made it to the parks. I see it as a sort of transportation between buildings of the museum.

Today, our challenge is to add a new attraction to one of the Water Parks. I’d go with Typhoon Lagoon, much like how I did a Halloween event there. This would be a zip-line attraction over a pool, with a waterfall rushing above to splash riders. The story would be that the evil spirits that caused the disaster would be challenging riders to join them.

Amidala

29/52

3 streaks matched

Well, THAT prompt was a bust. No entries other than my own. Regardless, the show must go on.

Today, we must create an attraction based on a Disney TV show. I’d imagine a “Star Vs. The Forces of Evil” stage show could work well in Fantasyland.

A SVTFOE stage show would be great, that show doesn’t get enough appreciation in general let alone at the parks.

Would also love to see a dark ride attraction for Gravity Falls, featuring Mabel, Dipper and Grunkle Stan animatronics (among others). Realistically speaking, I doubt a television show would ever get the budget needed for a dark ride, but it doesn't hurt to dream! Designing a plot specific to the ride would be preferable to the "book report" style approach. The plot should be simple and allow the kids to cover a lot of ground-through the forest, the underground laboratory, Northwest Manor, and other memorable locations. Maybe one of the other characters is missing and/or presumed to be in danger and Dipper and Mabel attempt to track them down, only to later discover they were safe at the Shack all along.

It could also be something more "interactive," with guests acting as tourists visiting the Mystery Shack. Grunkle Stan's latest "exhibit" turns out to be dangerous and goes on a rampage, and all of us are recruited to help round it up. You would start by entering the Mystery Shack, view the shop and some of the exhibits, only for chaos to break out. Once you've gone on your wild romp around Gravity Falls, you would return to the Shack, with the final Dipper and Mabel animatronics covered in debris and visibly exhausted, only for Grunkle Stan to say you won't be getting a refund. Trackless ride vehicles would be ideal since the "chase" would be non-linear, or even a family coaster with in-depth show scenes.

This is pretty vague, but I think there are so many cool locations and creatures to work with from this show, the backgrounds in particular could be really beautiful. Only trouble is, I'm not sure where Gravity Falls would fit at the parks...Grizzly Peak feels the closest in vibe, but GF takes place in Oregon.

Miru

A SVTFOE stage show would be great, that show doesn’t get enough appreciation in general let alone at the parks.

Would also love to see a dark ride attraction for Gravity Falls, featuring Mabel, Dipper and Grunkle Stan animatronics (among others). Realistically speaking, I doubt a television show would ever get the budget needed for a dark ride, but it doesn't hurt to dream! Designing a plot specific to the ride would be preferable to the "book report" style approach. The plot should be simple and allow the kids to cover a lot of ground-through the forest, the underground laboratory, Northwest Manor, and other memorable locations. Maybe one of the other characters is missing and/or presumed to be in danger and Dipper and Mabel attempt to track them down, only to later discover they were safe at the Shack all along.

It could also be something more "interactive," with guests acting as tourists visiting the Mystery Shack. Grunkle Stan's latest "exhibit" turns out to be dangerous and goes on a rampage, and all of us are recruited to help round it up. You would start by entering the Mystery Shack, view the shop and some of the exhibits, only for chaos to break out. Once you've gone on your wild romp around Gravity Falls, you would return to the Shack, with the final Dipper and Mabel animatronics covered in debris and visibly exhausted, only for Grunkle Stan to say you won't be getting a refund. Trackless ride vehicles would be ideal since the "chase" would be non-linear, or even a family coaster with in-depth show scenes.

This is pretty vague, but I think there are so many cool locations and creatures to work with from this show, the backgrounds in particular could be really beautiful. Only trouble is, I'm not sure where Gravity Falls would fit at the parks...Grizzly Peak feels the closest in vibe, but GF takes place in Oregon.
Liberty Square, maybe? Due to the Haunted Mansion also being there.

I’ve already brainstormed a Gargoyles Coaster a while back, along with TaleSpin. I think Dave the Barbarian might fit at Coronando Springs as a new play area.

Miru

30/52

The current manager is pleased to know a lot of you know that birds are dinosaurs. Ducktales + Dinoland USA = solid match. “Ducktales Lost Valley Rally” is coming to my DAK topic.

Last time, we discussed basing attractions off of Disney TV shows. Ducktales in Dinoland USA seemed to be popular. Today, I have an even more neglected part of Disney to cover; the direct to video sequels. This challenge is to base an attraction off of one of those infamous DTV films. We’ve already covered the live action remakes before, and many say those are the rough modern equivalent, especially the newer ones. Any DTV film is eligible; from The Return of Jafar all the way up to Tinker Bell and Planes.

I would look towards The Little Mermaid 2 as an attraction. Mainly for the sake of getting Melody merchandise and a meet and greet. I think Tokyo DisneySea would be a perfect place for it. A boat ride could work well for it.

Last edited:

Miru

31/52

I am open to having other people provide prompts.

Last time, we talked about Disney DTV films as attractions. The Little Mermaid 2 seemed to be a favorite here amongst the few submissions.

Today’s prompt is to add a new flat ride to Disney or Universal.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
31/52

I am open to having other people provide prompts.

Last time, we talked about Disney DTV films as attractions. The Little Mermaid 2 seemed to be a favorite here amongst the few submissions.

Today’s prompt is to add a new flat ride to Disney or Universal.
I would love a King Louie Flat Ride (maybe a special version of teacups) added to Asia in Animal Kingdom! Make it feel like you're dancing along to one of King Louies wild parties!

Miru

32/52

Topic owner desperately wants others to post prompts...

Last time, we discussed possible flat rides. Only one entry was posted, and thankfully it was a good one. It was a King Louie flat ride.

Today’s prompt is to turn a badly-recieved attraction into a stud! Superstar Limo, Stitch’s Great Escape, Maliboomer, etc.

I could see Mullholland Madness work as an enclosed coaster using a lot of screens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom