Ample Hills Creamery - Creator of the Star Wars Ice Cream coming to Disney's BoardWalk?

AEfx

So this is what's replacing my beloved Seashore Sweets...Good ol' Disney. Why run a shop on your own dime, when you can have someone else run it and foot the bill.

In this case, however - they offer a unique product Disney can't offer on its own. Edy's is great and all, but we can all get it at our local grocery store, and I believe that's all Disney serves anyplace with scooped ice cream.

I actually think this is great - especially because it's not like they are bringing in a chain like Cold Stone Creamery or Ben and Jerry's - this is a truly small, family run business with a great product.

articos

In this case, however - they offer a unique product Disney can't offer on its own. Edy's is great and all, but we can all get it at our local grocery store, and I believe that's all Disney serves anyplace with scooped ice cream.

I actually think this is great - especially because it's not like they are bringing in a chain like Cold Stone Creamery or Ben and Jerry's - this is a truly small, family run business with a great product.
Agreed. It helps that Boardwalk is a popular place for the Disney corporate suite and VIPs, so there may have been some self-interest involved.

SirNim

That still surprises me, that there's no exclusivity arrangement with Nestle regarding ice cream served across the resort. In fact, same sort of thing with the Joffrey's coffee kiosks coexisting with Starbucks (and Nescafe). I guess it follows the same pattern as Coke and Pepsi historically coexisting with each other at the parks.

COProgressFan

Agreed. It helps that Boardwalk is a popular place for the Disney corporate suite and VIPs, so there may have been some self-interest involved.

And doesn't the story go that this location came to be by Iger enjoying Ample Hills somewhere or meeting up with the owners? And then working a deal to bring it to WDW. It's amazing what can happen when an exec takes a personal interest in something. Things can actually get done.

andysol

This soft opened today according to Allears.

It's a special preview event from 12-3pm. Im on an airplane headed to Orlando now from AZ (work trip). Kids and wife got there earlier today and are there now. Said it was fantastic. I'll get some pics up once they send them.

Here is our invite
oppZ9SL.jpg

Actually- just use this link for inside pics- saves me uploading. :)
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...lls-creamery-soft-opens-on-disneys-boardwalk/

Edit: They were also filming and my family got picked to do the movie and interview- so when it comes out- look out for the good looking Hispanic lady and cutest two kids in the world :D

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom