Ample Hills Creamery - Creator of the Star Wars Ice Cream coming to Disney's BoardWalk?

Flynnwriter

Looks like it will taste great, but the interior decor looks like a 2016 mall instead of the Boardwalk theme. I'm sure the ice cream is great, but the peacemaking stinks.

surfsupdon

Now I look at this as plussing of a product. Much better than Seashore Sweets' ice cream.......

......although I would have liked the Miss America Atlantic City memorabilia to end up someplace on the boardwalk.....even if in the corridors someplace.

Disney6166

I am sure the ice cream is fantastic. But Disney please the prices! A family of four is going to cost $25.00 for 4 small cups of ice cream, you can buy (4) 1/2 gallons of premium ice cream at your local supermarket for that. That is also $34.00 for 4 milkshakes. I wish Disney would take this into consideration when they make these prices. Well just another place most families will not be able to enjoy while on vacation.

MySmallWorldof4

I am sure the ice cream is fantastic. But Disney please the prices! A family of four is going to cost $25.00 for 4 small cups of ice cream, you can buy (4) 1/2 gallons of premium ice cream at your local supermarket for that. That is also $34.00 for 4 milkshakes. I wish Disney would take this into consideration when they make these prices. Well just another place most families will not be able to enjoy while on vacation.

How many scoops are in a large? Maybe it is big enough to split among 2? Just ask for an extra cup. I do that for my kids. They can never eat a cup on their own anyway. So $7.49 split 2 ways becomes more financially palatable.

JohnWD

How do the prices compare to Ample Hills stores in NY?
I think more - like $2 more, though I'm not positive. Disney has a whole range of ice cream places. I think it's great to have a unique high end, so I don't mind the prices. Definitely a treat for us, not a regular purchase. The high prices help my waistline!!

PinnySmart

Exactly. The Boardwalk is an upscale deluxe resort. Most who can comfortably afford to stay in the area will have no problem with the prices. Think of it as signiture dining except ice cream instead of lunch or dinner. Everything Disney opens doesn't have to be for everyone that attends the parks. If you want cheap ice cream go to the all stars to get it. This is a premium experience with premium ingredients.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I actually thought the pricing would be higher.

The closest chain comparison is probably Coldstone Creamery, and they charge $5 for a smilier size small cup. Now most Coldstone stores are in malls, and aren't a particularly nice to place to be. Ample Hills has great service, is in a great spot, and has a better product. When viewed like that, its not a bad price. It of course isn't as cheap as factory made ice cream from a grocery store. But that rule can be applied to almost everything in a restaurant setting.

ToTBellHop

I actually thought the pricing would be higher.

The closest chain comparison is probably Coldstone Creamery, and they charge $5 for a smilier size small cup. Now most Coldstone stores are in malls, and aren't a particularly nice to place to be. Ample Hills has great service, is in a great spot, and has a better product. When viewed like that, its not a bad price. It of course isn't as cheap as factory made ice cream from a grocery store. But that rule can be applied to almost everything in a restaurant setting.
I found the price to be quite reasonable as it is the best ice cream I've ever had. Those in sticker shock still have the Beaches and Cream window within a 5-minute walk.

Also, the place is quite popular in the evening. I've seen long lines all week. Much shorter during the day but you have to eat quickly in the Florida sun.

Between this and the bakery, Boardwalk's dessert game is top notch.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I found the price to be quite reasonable as it is the best ice cream I've ever had. Those in sticker shock still have the Beaches and Cream window within a 5-minute walk.

Also, the place is quite popular in the evening. I've seen long lines all week. Much shorter during the day but you have to eat quickly in the Florida sun.

Between this and the bakery, Boardwalk's dessert game is top notch.
A sundae at Ample Hills is $8.49. Some of them at Beaches & Cream are $9.00. Malts & Shakes at Beaches & Cream are only $5.50, but is $8.49 at Ample Hills. I really don't think those prices are out of line with the quality that you are getting.

wdwgreek

yes the prices are high but these are "premium ice cream" so there is an upcharge. Its not that big of deal, every restaurant at Disney and near me in Ct/ NYC charges 3 to 4 dollars for a small ice cream or 7 to 10 dollars for a milkshake

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom