Americans Vs. Non Americans walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl3283

Original Poster
I've found that Americans walk slow & take their time aroun the park but Europeans & foreigners just have no respect for anyone! They'll stop randomly, start telling for the family to look at something & just ignore everyone around them like we're not important & can just be jumped into & neglected. I've watched this for weeks now. It's ridiculous.

Anyone notice this?

DisneyJoe

I've found that Americans walk slow & take their time aroun the park but Europeans & foreigners just have no respect for anyone! They'll stop randomly, start telling for the family to look at something & just ignore everyone around them like we're not important & can just be jumped into & neglected. I've watched this for weeks now. It's ridiculous.

Anyone notice this?

It's not so easily divided based on American/non-American or any other stereotypical boundary.

BringMeTheHoriz

Anyone notice this?

Every culture does this, especially in Disney. Americans walk slow, stop in the middle of pathways or in front of ride lines, stop to "regroup" at bottleneck areas. Its not a "foreign vs. American" issue, people from all backgrounds behave the same way.

puntagordabob

Its not Americans versus Non-Americans... its intelligent and thoughtful folks versus inconsiderate morons...sadly the last group can hail from anywhere lol

real mad hatter

Yep.Your Spot On.

Well your spot on. While at MK in 2008 this family of Americans stopped us at Indy Speedway,ten of them,asking me if this was ok for their 3 year old could ride the car solo?then other people starting overtaking us,before we knew it we were back where we started.I said,we don't work here,better ask a CM. Ok he said,where do I ask?.At this point we were further down the line than we were when joined the queue ,so we just moved onto another attraction.

BwayBaby

There are plenty of idiot Americans. The last couple of trips I've only had issues with other Americans, never anyone from outside the US.
In terms of walking slow, that's probably a suburban American thing. I went to school in NYC and I noticed I was walking a heck of a lot faster than most other people when I'm at Disney. I'm not saying that walking slow is bad or anything, but don't just assume that because people are walking quickly towards something they're not Americans. They could just be city-folk who are used to walking quickly and with purpose.

MKCP 1985

No, I don't notice this problem as being a "non-American" issue. You can find groups from every background who are guilty on any given day. That just comes with a crowded park and people being excited. Try not to let it ruin your mood.

MickeyPeace

American's are the fattest... lol

No doubt. It took my first visit as an adult to WDW to realize the amount of obesity in this country. I was in shock over how many huge butts I saw!

Living in NYC most of my life has shielded me from it since most people walk quite a bit every day. And for the record, we walk fast here!

Polydweller

You said it! Wow.

Even giving the OP the benefit of the doubt that they just wanted to stir up some discussion, but wow this is one of the more offensive thread starting posts.

And OP, maybe you can tell us all how it is you know who the non-Americans are just by looking at them especially with all the people of various ethnic backgrounds who were born and raised as Americans.

Thorpyness

OP, Showing your ignorance twice there, once by stereotyping, and secondly by suggesting it's Europeans "and" Foreigners. You will find foreigners encompasses everybody that's not American, but then how are you defining American? Those born there, those that used to be foreigners, but that became American citizens? What about Foreigners that married Americans, you could be splitting families here ?

Rather than lower myself by trading insults, I've left you a few things to think about and I'll leave it to the good folk of your country to carry on educating you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom