American Idol winner to appear at DHS on Monday

menamechris

I know there are serious diehards out there - But I have to admit - this is the first year I know nothing about the finalists. Not even their names.

SleepingMonk

I predict another season where the winner goes on to do less than the runners-up.

:hurl:

Howdy-Doody.jpg

_Scar

No chance. Us country music fans will welcome Scotty McCreery with open arms. He might not have a ton of success in mainstream music, but he'll do just fine in Nashville.

That's what they all say :lol:

Seriously, where's Kris Allen? Adam Lambert already had a radio smash hit and has been on Broadway. :shrug:

wizards8507

Original Poster

Seriously, where's Kris Allen? Adam Lambert already had a radio smash hit and has been on Broadway. :shrug:

Since when was Kris Allen supposed to be a country singer?

Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, and Josh Gracin have all been successful in country music.

the-reason14

I gave up on AI years ago when they stopped picking people who could really REALLY sing. I don't know squat about the winner and I don't think I could care any less, but it does boggle my mind that people still audition for it. It's no guarantee that you're gonna be successful, look at Taylor Hicks or whatever his name was. I guess some people want to get their foot in the door and AI is the easiest way, but you're guaranteed pretty much zero success.

wizards8507

Original Poster
I gave up on AI years ago when they stopped picking people who could really REALLY sing. I don't know squat about the winner and I don't think I could care any less, but it does boggle my mind that people still audition for it. It's no guarantee that you're gonna be successful, look at Taylor Hicks or whatever his name was. I guess some people want to get their foot in the door and AI is the easiest way, but you're guaranteed pretty much zero success.

Eh, even if you never sell a record, you still get paid $1 million to record it and you get to be moderately famous for four months. And it's certainly more success than if you just sat around in your office job and didn't audition.

Tigger1988

Adam Lambert has never been on Broadway and Kris Allen had a bigger radio hit than him :lol:

Neither of those two are doing too well overall.

This new winner will go on to sell less than last year's winner who most people can't even name.

the-reason14

Eh, even if you never sell a record, you still get paid $1 million to record it and you get to be moderately famous for four months. And it's certainly more success than if you just sat around in your office job and didn't audition.

And that's all if you win. And even if you do win and get all that, plummeting into obscurity where you release flop after flop and eventually get dropped from your label but still get shaded from the blogs and media can't really be worth it imo. But everybody has a different path to success.

InsiderImagine

Adam Lambert has never been on Broadway and Kris Allen had a bigger radio hit than him :lol:

Neither of those two are doing too well overall.

This new winner will go on to sell less than last year's winner who most people can't even name.

might want to check your sources...

adam lambert was part of the musical wicked before he tried out for american idol.

and adam lambert's album outsold kris allen's album by selling 1.2 million copies. they aren't doing as good as carrie or kelly but scotty and lauren are going to do fine in the country scene.

dave&di

According to The Disney Blog on Twitter, the top 5 will be appearing at DHS on Sunday?

BTW - I hate Scottie! He was the only one I disliked from the top 12! Seems very arrogant IMO.:mad:

CastStephen

Adam Lambert

InsiderImagine .. Please check YOUR sources. Adam Lambert was never on Broadway. He performed in the national tour and Los Angeles productions of Wicked. NOT Broadway.

bgraham34

Scotty will end up being very successful in Nashville. What few people realize is that there are more album sales in Country than in any other genre. Country fans tend to buy the cd more than do downloading the music. Lauren I am not so sure she will be that big. I just dont think she has that strong a voice, maybe in a few years but her voice just is not there IMHO.

This was probably the best Idol season in some time if you consider the overall talent of the Top 13 but the finalists were not the best singers by a long shot. That distinction goes to James Durbin, Haley Reinhart, Pia Toscano and Casey Abrams.

Tigger1988

might want to check your sources...

adam lambert was part of the musical wicked before he tried out for american idol.

Should probably check yours first.

He's never appeared on Broadway. Not that being on Broadway is some big honor anymore, it's pretty much last resort for AI contestants before fully succumbing to obscurity (Taylor Hicks, Clay Aiken and several others).

ThinkTink721

I enjoyed this season.
I have to admit I was disappointed when Pia left and I was also surprised to see James go.
But, I think some good talent was found.
I was pulling for Lauren at the end, but I think Scotty will do well in the country industry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom