American Idol Experience goes Down Today

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
So yeah, today I planned on auditioning for the American Idol Experience and when I got there at 9:45, there were three CMs outside the door telling people that apparently their computer system for the audition process went down shortly after the park opened. I checked back several times and as far as I know it was not fixed. Because of the issues, a total of three shows were canceled today and the three that weren't used the few people who were able to audition before the system went down. It was apparently the first time in the attraction's short history that the system went down. Really sucks that it just had to be the day I planned to audition...

So yeah, just figured I'd inform everyone what happened.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ooh The Ghostly Spirits of Superstar Television and Disney's Doug Live have finnally raised some havoc in the theater Muwaahahaha!!!!

_Scar

And tonight isn't even F! night, that sucks!

Do you sing a song you yourself plan and pick or do they give you a song?

Rob562

And tonight isn't even F! night, that sucks!

Do you sing a song you yourself plan and pick or do they give you a song?

You can choose any song from a list of songs that they provide. I believe that list is also available online somewhere.

-Rob

AndrewRnR

And you don't think Disney would find out? I remember when I was down there doing my college program hearing stories of a few people who got terminated for going to parks after calling in. If you enjoy your job and Disney says you can't audition I wouldn't recommend auditioning. Sure you might be able to slip through the cracks but is your job worth it?

jonnyc

I do a mean version of Respect :lookaroun.

It is labelled female, does that mean only women can do it? Or is that just recommended?

dreamfinder

I'm kinda surprised that for what they have been pushing as a major park attraction, they don't have a fall back plan. (Or they did and it is to simply not show the attraction) Which leads to an interesting question, what does happen if they can't for some reason do the finale show, and it is a non F! night? Reinforce guest services for alot of complaints?

EPCOTPluto

Which leads to an interesting question, what does happen if they can't for some reason do the finale show, and it is a non F! night? Reinforce guest services for a lot of complaints?
I would think that there are other attractions like TOT, RNRC, ST, or MV3D to go to... :shrug:

But if that's not the case, I would imagine that as well.

I think it is so strange that AIE's finale show is the only other option for night-time entertainment for DHS besides F!...

wserratore1963

So yeah, today I planned on auditioning for the American Idol Experience and when I got there at 9:45, there were three CMs outside the door telling people that apparently their computer system for the audition process went down shortly after the park opened. I checked back several times and as far as I know it was not fixed. Because of the issues, a total of three shows were canceled today and the three that weren't used the few people who were able to audition before the system went down. It was apparently the first time in the attraction's short history that the system went down. Really sucks that it just had to be the day I planned to audition...

So yeah, just figured I'd inform everyone what happened.
Is it back up today?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom