MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Creating Lifetime Memories for Generations to Share Forever
American Heartland Theme Park
A Division Of Mansion Entertainment Group

Turning a Vision into Reality
American Heartland Theme Park and Resort is a more than $2 billion entertainment destination development in northeast Oklahoma, just west of Grand Lake on Route 66. The development will be built in phases starting with a large-scale RV park with cabins, a film and television studio and a world-class theme park and resort. The American Heartland Theme Park will offer a visitor experience rivaling the world’s top resort destinations. - Gene Bicknell, Founder & Chief Creative Officer

Our Mission Statement
Mansion Entertainment Group is on the verge of becoming the most powerful entity in family entertainment, with its unparalleled expertise across film, television, animation, music, theatre, and family immersive entertainment experiences.

With a commitment to producing high-quality, wholesome content that the entire family can enjoy, Mansion Entertainment Group has carved a niche for itself in the entertainment industry. Its impressive roster of talents, cutting-edge technology, and innovative storytelling techniques are a testament to its dedication to delivering exceptional entertainment experiences that leave a lasting impact on audiences.

As Mansion Entertainment Group continues to expand its reach and diversify its offerings, it is poised to become the go-to destination for families seeking engaging and meaningful entertainment that inspires, educates, and entertains. - Larry Wilhite, Chief Executive Officer

Staff:
  • Steve Hedrick – WDE Disney Executive 22 yrs (TP Industry 40 yrs)
  • John Sorenson - WDI Land Planner 30 yrs
  • Tom Turley - DLI Ops Planning & Development 45 yrs
  • Don Hilsen - WDI Ride Engineer - 30 yrs
  • John Polk - WDI Special Effects 20 yrs
  • Tim Kirk - WDI Concept Artist 35 yrs
  • Annette Crump - WDI Planner/Scheduler 11 yrs
  • Andy Burden – WDE/DLI Technical Design 12 yrs
  • Rick Allen – WDW Operations 24 yrs
  • Craig Hodges – WDW Operations - 42 yrs
  • Dave Vermeulen – Disneyland International 40 yrs
  • Ted Carlsson – Disneyland/WDI VP of Technical Design - 35 yrs
  • Scott Sinclair – Disneyland & WDI Theme Park Designer - 20 yrs
  • Ronnie Rodriquez – Disney Creative Entertainment - 35 yrs
  • Reggie Jarrett – Disney Entertainment – 35 yrs

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great Plains > Frontierland
Bayou Bay > New Orleans Square
Big Timber Falls > Fort Wilderness / Wilderness Lodge
Stony Point Harbor > Pixar Pier / Yacht & Beach Clup
Liberty Village > Main Street / Liberty Square
Electropolis > Tomorrowland

It's a salute to all theme park lands, but mostly America.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some nice concept art, but wonder how it will work out in reality. I'm skeptical about what can be done for $2billion, as bizarre as that sounds.
Sounds like some billionaire wants to recreate a... homier... version of Disney. The company making the park touts itself as a studio for movies, TV, animation, music, and distribution. So far, they have one animated short and a filming of a symphonic piece to their credit.

His video says he wants a place families can afford. Wait til he sees how much he needs to charge to recoup the $2B and ongoing expenses.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sounds like some billionaire wants to recreate a... homier... version of Disney. The company making the park touts itself as a studio for movies, TV, animation, music, and distribution. So far, they have one animated short and a filming of a symphonic piece to their credit.

His video says he wants a place families can afford. Wait til he sees how much he needs to charge to recoup the $2B and ongoing expenses.
Yep that is exactly my take on it. I wish them luck, but it sounds a long shot.

And with statements like this.... "Mansion Entertainment Group is on the verge of becoming the most powerful entity in family entertainment, with its unparalleled expertise across film, television, animation, music, theatre, and family immersive entertainment experiences."

Buried20KLeague

Read a couple articles today that said they put the chances of this happening at about 5%.

Biggest issue is that the 5 million visitors a year isn't realistic. This thing would be in the middle of nowhere, about 2 hours from Branson.

Silver Dollar City in Branson brings in about 2.2 million people a year (half what this OK group is projecting), and Silver Dollar City does MASSIVE bank and pulls in major crowds during the Christmas season because of all the other Holiday offerings in Branson. Often when the rides aren't even open because it's too cold to operate them. I don't have the data to back it up, but I'd guess at least 25% of SDC's total attendance is from the middle of November through New Year's.

I don't see any way this gets done.

Even the concept art looks generic and super basic. The steel coaster on the left couldn't have a more plain track layout. And the woodie on the right also just looks like someone said "throw a wooden coaster over on the other side of the park in our version of frontierland".

Though I do enjoy the "flying saucer encounter" right before returning to the "main street train station/now cars because Route 66".

AdventureHasAName

Am I the only one here that actually wants this park to happen?
I'm rooting for it. 8 hour drive from my house is doable for a long weekend. The foolish part is the location. Aside from Orlando and Anaheim, the best location in the country for a new amusement park resort is in the middle of the four major cities in Texas (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin) - you've got a massive amount of people that already live there, weather that will let you run an outdoor park year-round, several major airports, all the other infrastructure you would need, and tons of available land.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
It gets as hot as FL in the summertime there, and as cold as New York in the winter...

1691500275155.png

Lilofan

I'm rooting for it. 8 hour drive from my house is doable for a long weekend. The foolish part is the location. Aside from Orlando and Anaheim, the best location in the country for a new amusement park resort is in the middle of the four major cities in Texas (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin) - you've got a massive amount of people that already live there, weather that will let you run an outdoor park year-round, several major airports, all the other infrastructure you would need, and tons of available land.
Texas averaging approx 100 degrees all summer long is one if the factors Disney is not building parks and resorts there.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
lowest lows in Central FL at least scrape below freezing more than a couple of times at the coldest of winter, so it's not _that_ drastic of a difference
There's a difference between a few days sub freezing and two months continually sub freezing. That 28 degrees is the *average* for the month. Which means days or weeks with it being much colder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom