News American Adventure: Submarine scene

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I get the desire to be authentic, but if the old school tv is having repeated maintainence issues, wouldn't it be easier to just pop a tiny modern tv with low brightness settings in a casing that looks like an old tv?

Phil12

I get the desire to be authentic, but if the old school tv is having repeated maintainence issues, wouldn't it be easier to just pop a tiny modern tv with low brightness settings in a casing that looks like an old tv?
It's anything but authentic. The TV shown in the scene is a black and white Philco Predicta which was made from 1958 to 1960. It was a terrible TV and cost the company a fortune in repairs and lost reputation. Philco filed for bankruptcy protection in 1960. No one in their right mind in 1969 would be watching the first moon landing on an old, unreliable and out of date Philco Predicta black and white TV.
Philco Predicta 3D model

Philco_Predicta_1000_0001.jpg
Philco_Predicta_1000_0002.jpg

• Philco_Predicta_600_lq_0001.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's anything but authentic. The TV shown in the scene is a black and white Philco Predicta which was made from 1958 to 1960. It was a terrible TV and cost the company a fortune in repairs and lost reputation. Philco filed for bankruptcy protection in 1960. No one in their right mind in 1969 would be watching the first moon landing on an old, unreliable and out of date Philco Predicta black and white TV.
Philco Predicta 3D model

Looks cool, though.

JoeCamel

Philco Predicta 3D model

Ohhh, the design though......

Missing20K

Philco Predicta 3D model

Looks cool, though.
Ohhh, the design though......
Hey @GlacierGlacier found your next project! Make a TV or tablet out of it and I'm pretty sure you'd have a bidding war on your hands.

JohnByers

Right. The reason for my post when visiting on Sunday.

I said that in response to whomever it was that reported it wasn’t working mid Dec. I am hopeful that they get it up and going soon as it’s one of my favorite shows to take people to. Especially people who have gone multiple time to WDW and never knew or took the time to check it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom