News American Adventure: Submarine scene

C&D

Just saw the new closing scene with music/montage and was disappointed in the music redo; the montage change was okay. The new music/singing was also okay (if you've never heard it before) but to me it lacked the intensity of the previous version and felt flat. Anyway, that was my observation. The show is still pretty darn good though.

peter11435

Just saw the new closing scene with music/montage and was disappointed in the music redo; the montage change was okay. The new music/singing was also okay (if you've never heard it before) but to me it lacked the intensity of the previous version and felt flat. Anyway, that was my observation. The show is still pretty darn good though.
Was Jane back?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I have to disagree with my own opinion. I love the new ending, much more impact and actually made me and my friends and other guests around me tear up.

C&D

I have to disagree with my own opinion. I love the new ending, much more impact and actually made me and my friends and other guests around me tear up.
That's okay, I agree with the tears but the older version did it for me (more). Different strokes...............................

peter11435

The show continues to be in pretty rough shape.

- Gas station set continues to take well over twice as long as it should to rise. Several lines of dialogue are heard before you can even see the figures speaking them.

- Carnegie and Bell in exposition scene are also now rising at a glacial pace. The scene is well underway before you can finally see the figures.

- nearly all smoke effects are missing or barely functioning.

- Will Rogers hat is completely broken and is sliding up and down his head while he moves around.

- Jane continues to be completly missing from the show. Easily been missing 6 months now. Maybe they’ll all be together by next Christmas.

This show has historically been very well maintained and kept nearly pristine. This is the worst I have seen it. If I were melissa valiquette I would be ashamed of myself for being the first Epcot VP to allow such an important attraction to fall into the state.

Castle Cake Apologist

The show continues to be in pretty rough shape.

- Gas station set continues to take well over twice as long as it should to rise. Several lines of dialogue are heard before you can even see the figures speaking them.

- Carnegie and Bell in exposition scene are also now rising at a glacial pace. The scene is well underway before you can finally see the figures.

- nearly all smoke effects are missing or barely functioning.

- Will Rogers hat is completely broken and is sliding up and down his head while he moves around.

- Jane continues to be completly missing from the show. Easily been missing 6 months now. Maybe they’ll all be together by next Christmas.

This show has historically been very well maintained and kept nearly pristine. This is the worst I have seen it. If I were melissa valiquette I would be ashamed of myself for being the first Epcot VP to allow such an important attraction to fall into the state.

I just found a video posted a few days ago and holy cow... I wish you were exaggerating but you're not at all. My jaw dropped as the gas station creeeeeeeped up.

peter11435

I just found a video posted a few days ago and holy cow... I wish you were exaggerating but you're not at all. My jaw dropped as the gas station creeeeeeeped up.
I wish I was exaggerating. I only mentioned the biggest issues too.

I forgot all about Franklin’s left arm in the finale scene also. It kept seizing throughout the scene and then barely rose for the handshake making it even more awkward than it always is.

Castle Cake Apologist

I forgot all about Franklin’s left arm in the finale scene also. It kept seizing throughout the scene and then barely rose for the handshake making it even more awkward than it always is.

I don't even get it. When did the new finale debut? A year ago? It was in great shape then... How did it deteriorate this bad this quickly?

JohnD

Original Poster

I remember that. Was there last week in April / beginning of May. Still no-Jane, right?-either. It’s odd. They go to the trouble to update Golden Dream at the end then let the AAs go to hell in a handbasket.

Last edited:

MuteSuperstar

How long before this show is replaced with something "more timeless, more family friendly, more Disney"? :cautious:

I'll give it....inside of 10 years. The disinterest and often outright contempt a lot of people have for nostalgic things/history is utterly nauseating. Not everything needs to be "thrilling" or have a bunch of superheroes saying "let's do this" and other tired lame quips.

Bummer to hear about the disrepair/bad show, but not surprised. And I doubt most of the audience even cares.

Last edited:

mikeymouse

I found some of the Hollywood folks shown to represent America to be kinda distasteful.

PeoplemoverTTA

I was shocked how bad it looked when I saw AA on Thursday. I wonder how Lonnie feels about it in such a terrible state. He is so protective of the integrity of the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom