News American Adventure Refurb, New Projectors and Ending Video

SpectroMagician

The new finale was re-recorded for better audio, but is almost exactly the same style as what it replaced. It is in no way more 'contemporary' and simply has new vocals. Quite honestly, I've no idea what you're talking about.

100% disagree. It sounds horrible compared to the original. Zero drums at the end and at other moments that made it incredibly powerful. Now it just seems flat. The film is fine, but the new version of the song stinks. I hope it is just the recording that isn't capturing them but I don't think so.

Oriolesmagic

People generally hate change (myself included) so I'm trying to keep that in mind while listening to the new recording. However, it seems to be a noticeable step down from the previous version of Golden Dream. Just not nearly as powerful.

With that said, I'm excited to see the new visuals as those look to be really good.

Brian Swan

The original soundtrack was awesome; the last version was horrible. I was hoping that this would go back to a more "epic" sound with full chorus and orchestra, but instead it descended even further into "contemporary" Disney-pop trash. I do like what they did with the visual montage; I think it was a good update. Everyone's going to have an opinion as to who should/shouldn't be included, but I think they came up with a good cross section.

EpcotMark

I watched the Youtube video. New finale visuals are great. The new recording is just so so. I'd give it a B minus. Doesn't really give me as many goosebumps as the old version. I said the same thing about the SSE finale when that changed ten years ago. Imagineers just don't seem to grasp the need for the emotion, heart, and psychological lift that these attractions should have. But still, I think they got this update done ok. Although the new Canada song was better. I felt that actually exceeded the original. A rare occurrence.

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
Here's a quick rundown of who all is included in the updated montage. Figures marked with an asterisk are new to this version. Descriptions in brackets are ones I'm not sure about; I'd gladly update the list if anybody has a better idea how they are
  1. Marines raising flag at Iwo Jima
  2. War is Over celebrators
  3. Mary Martin
  4. Norman Rockwell (self-portrait)
  5. Jackie Robinson
  6. Rosa Parks
  7. Jasper Johns (painting US flags)
  8. Dwight & Mamie Eisenhower
  9. Marilyn Monroe
  10. Johnny Carson (on TV)
  11. Lucille Ball (on TV)
  12. Walt Disney
  13. Chuck Yeager
  14. Albert Einstein
  15. [boy with walking crutches]
  16. Jonas Salk
  17. Babe Didrikson Zaharias
  18. Frank Lloyd Wright
  19. Aaron Copland
  20. Frank Sinatra
  21. Louis Armstrong
  22. Ella Fitzgerald
  23. Elvis Presley
  24. John F Kennedy (dialogue) & Lyndon Johnson
  25. John F Kennedy Jr
  26. Civil Rights protestors
  27. Martin Luther King Jr (dialogue)
  28. Moon landing with Neil Armstrong & NASA ground control
  29. Walter Cronkite
  30. Bob Dylan
  31. [hippie woman]
  32. Cesar Chavez
  33. Iron Eyes Cody
  34. [protestors]
  35. Alex Haley
  36. US soldiers in Vietnam
  37. Vietnam protestors
  38. Joan Baez
  39. Mourners at Vietnam Memorial
  40. Gloria Steinem
  41. Sandra Day O'Connor
  42. Billie Jean King
  43. Jim Henson
  44. George Lucas
  45. Steve Jobs
  46. Challenger crew
  47. [astronaut playing clarinet]
  48. Ronald Reagan & Mikhail Gorbachev (at Berlin Wall)
  49. *Madonna
  50. *Quincy Jones
  51. *John Williams
  52. [AIDS scientists]
  53. George W Bush & 9/11 firefighters
  54. Army Special Forces (berets)
  55. *Girl with flag
  56. Military family reunion
  57. *Michael Phelps
  58. *George HW Bush
  59. *Bill & Melinda Gates
  60. *Barack & Michelle Obama
  61. *Venus & Serena Williams
  62. *LeBron James
  63. *Misty Copeland
  64. Yo-Yo Ma
  65. *Beyoncé Knowles
  66. *Elon Musk
  67. *Neil deGrasse Tyson
  68. *Mark Zukerberg
  69. Muhammed Ali (Atlanta Olympics torch)
  70. *Tatyana McFadden[?]
  71. *2016 Olympic gymnastics team
Removed from this version: NWA, Whoopi Goldberg(?) and Billy Crystal(?) (at Comic Relief), Willie Nelson (at Farm Aid), Race for the Cure runners, Tom Brokaw, NYC police, Michelle Kwan, Tony Hawk, Tiger Woods, Bill Clinton & George HW Bush (HW is included with new footage in the updated version), Oprah Winfrey, Frank Gehry, Rick & **** Hoyt, Lance Armstrong, 2004(?) Olympic volleyball team, kids with sparklers
No to Lyndon Johnson.

montyz81

Here's a quick rundown of who all is included in the updated montage. Figures marked with an asterisk are new to this version. Descriptions in brackets are ones I'm not sure about; I'd gladly update the list if anybody has a better idea how they are
  1. Marines raising flag at Iwo Jima
  2. War is Over celebrators
  3. Mary Martin
  4. Norman Rockwell (self-portrait)
  5. Jackie Robinson
  6. Rosa Parks
  7. Jasper Johns (painting US flags)
  8. Dwight & Mamie Eisenhower
  9. Marilyn Monroe
  10. Johnny Carson (on TV)
  11. Lucille Ball (on TV)
  12. Walt Disney
  13. Chuck Yeager
  14. Albert Einstein
  15. [boy with walking crutches]
  16. Jonas Salk
  17. Babe Didrikson Zaharias
  18. Frank Lloyd Wright
  19. Aaron Copland
  20. Frank Sinatra
  21. Louis Armstrong
  22. Ella Fitzgerald
  23. Elvis Presley
  24. John F Kennedy (dialogue) & Lyndon Johnson
  25. John F Kennedy Jr
  26. Civil Rights protestors
  27. Martin Luther King Jr (dialogue)
  28. Moon landing with Neil Armstrong & NASA ground control
  29. Walter Cronkite
  30. Bob Dylan
  31. [hippie woman]
  32. Cesar Chavez
  33. Iron Eyes Cody
  34. [protestors]
  35. Alex Haley
  36. US soldiers in Vietnam
  37. Vietnam protestors
  38. Joan Baez
  39. Mourners at Vietnam Memorial
  40. Gloria Steinem
  41. Sandra Day O'Connor
  42. Billie Jean King
  43. Jim Henson
  44. George Lucas
  45. Steve Jobs
  46. Challenger crew
  47. [astronaut playing clarinet]
  48. Ronald Reagan & Mikhail Gorbachev (at Berlin Wall)
  49. *Madonna
  50. *Quincy Jones
  51. *John Williams
  52. [AIDS scientists]
  53. George W Bush & 9/11 firefighters
  54. Army Special Forces (berets)
  55. *Girl with flag
  56. Military family reunion
  57. *Michael Phelps
  58. *George HW Bush
  59. *Bill & Melinda Gates
  60. *Barack & Michelle Obama
  61. *Venus & Serena Williams
  62. *LeBron James
  63. *Misty Copeland
  64. Yo-Yo Ma
  65. *Beyoncé Knowles
  66. *Elon Musk
  67. *Neil deGrasse Tyson
  68. *Mark Zukerberg
  69. Muhammed Ali (Atlanta Olympics torch)
  70. *Tatyana McFadden[?]
  71. *2016 Olympic gymnastics team
Removed from this version: NWA, Whoopi Goldberg(?) and Billy Crystal(?) (at Comic Relief), Willie Nelson (at Farm Aid), Race for the Cure runners, Tom Brokaw, NYC police, Michelle Kwan, Tony Hawk, Tiger Woods, Bill Clinton & George HW Bush (HW is included with new footage in the updated version), Oprah Winfrey, Frank Gehry, Rick & **** Hoyt, Lance Armstrong, 2004(?) Olympic volleyball team, kids with sparklers
I am wondering why Tom Brady isn't shown in there. LeBron is certainly one at the top of his sport, so other representatives from their sports should be there too. I can think of a few more, Wayne Gretzky, Arnold Palmer, the 1980 Olympic Team, Ted Williams. I am sure I am missing a few more etc. Clearly he is one of the top athletes in his sports and one of the top in all sports.

RobotWolf

Does anyone else think that the ending needs help in general? The film is one thing. But what I'm referring to is immediately after that. The torch comes up, Ben and Mark do their thing. And when they're done. They just stand there. The programmers have the bots actually chit chat with each other, silently, as the scene drags on with the finale music.

It honestly looks like something else was supposed to happen there, after the torch; some grand(er) finale. But the torch just hangs there, awkwardly, until the curtains lower. Then the bots wave, of course. The statues are revealed at this point. But, imo, this compounds the effect that makes it seem like something is missing. It might make the uninitiated wonder why these particular statues aren't moving. (It might be cool if they did ...)

Now I can't say what should have happened at that point. But considering the flow of the show up until then, it kind of makes the ending scene look like a mistake of some kind.

I think the torch makes a fine finale, itself. But it's the length of the finale tag after the torch scene dialog that is the issue. The music needs to be rearranged to the point where there is a final quick musical stab after the torch and then (quickly) curtains. That physical scene just hangs there way to long in the current implementation, imo.

As a bit of a disclaimer, I should say that I LOVE AA (And AA's AAs). They could not change a thing and I would still go see it again and again, as always. I was watching the video of the new ending. And as I was sitting here, frowning at the new instrumentation they chose, I realized that I was tearing up. I swear, they could have Daft Punk do the finale and I would still cry like a baby. I really don't understand that. I am a poor student of American history. But it gets me every time.

Last edited:

ABQ

I am wondering why Tom Brady isn't shown in there. LeBron is certainly one at the top of his sport, so other representatives from their sports should be there too. I can think of a few more, Wayne Gretzky, Arnold Palmer, the 1980 Olympic Team, Ted Williams. I am sure I am missing a few more etc. Clearly he is one of the top athletes in his sports and one of the top in all sports.
As a Patriots fan, I agree.
Gretzky however, is Canadian. (Though, as a Bruins fan, if I were looking for folks to put into a Canadian film, I'd say Bobby Orr before Gretzky :p ) The 1980 US Olympic Hockey team was in the film before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom