News American Adventure Refurb, New Projectors and Ending Video

Bairstow

I took the Backstage Magic tour in November, and the one attraction we went behind the scenes at was the American Adventure. It's absolutely amazing seeing the rail system, the massive screen, the computers sitting there to control it, miscellaneous support systems, and just the sheer scale of everything. Definitely one of my favorite experiences.

Does that tour still go to the Central Shops building?

Mouse3268

There is a video floating around on twitter of the new update. Lots of new folks including Michael Phelps, Madonna, Serena and Venus Williams, Barack and Michelle Obama, LeBron James, Beyoncé, Mark Zuckerburg, Elon Musk, the women gymnasts from the last Olympics and probably others that I missed.

seascape

I like most of the changes. I wish somethings that were cut were left in and would not have objected if some other things had need cut. Over all It is still patriotic and something to be proud of. America is a great country even with our faults.

trainplane3

I’m sad to see the most gratuitous upper torso shot ever to grace a Disney park has been removed. But it will live on forever in my heart.
Martin, since you are across the pond and not in the US, what do foreigners (to the US) typically think of AA? I'm not sure if you have a sample size to work with but I was always curious since the show is a classy "Look how great the USA is" kind of show. I've always enjoyed it but I'm in the US and have always enjoyed all types of history lessons.

I don't want this question to get out of hand but I'm genuinely curious.

Edit: Super glad to see Elon added into there!

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

It looks like the Hoyt's were removed, which is a pretty unfortunate change. For those of you that don't know, the Hoyt's are a father and son team that regularly run the Boston Marathon. The son has CP and the father would push him in the wheel chair. They were in the montage prior to the Boston Marathon bombing and were a great symbol for the importance of that event.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Hoyt

Aside from that significant omission, the update looks great.

cjgren

It looks like the Hoyt's were removed, which is a pretty unfortunate change. For those of you that don't know, the Hoyt's are a father and son team that regularly run the Boston Marathon. The son has CP and the father would push him in the wheel chair. They were in the montage prior to the Boston Marathon bombing and were a great symbol for the importance of that event.

Wow, what a shame that they removed the Hoyt’s. I remember seeing them when I saw my dad run the race back in 2003.

peter11435

I don’t believe the Boston marathon bombing was represensted in the old montage. It happened several years after the last update.

RSoxNo1

I don’t believe the Boston marathon bombing was represensted in the old montage. It happened several years after the last update.
That's correct but a fitting tribute nonetheless.

I'm unable to confirm it, but it's entirely possible that the athlete that replaced the Hoyt's is Tatyana McFadden who would absolutely be a fitting replacement. She is a paralympian who won the 2014 and 2016 Boston Marathons.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
(Seeing Madonna celebrated in a Disney attraction is a little odd.)

That was odd, too. Especially with her Marilyn Monroe look after having already had a clip of Marilyn. And since Madonna's still around and has huge Milkshake Duck potential.

If you're going to look for someone to represent modern pop's marriage with video and stage presence without regard to their personal character or foibles, then you'd go with Michael Jackson.

FerretAfros

I’m sad to see the most gratuitous upper torso shot ever to grace a Disney park has been removed. But it will live on forever in my heart.
If I'm not mistaken, the original cut of Golden Dreams at DCA (no relation to the finale song at Epcot) included topless shots of the native American women in a couple of the early scenes. It was quickly changed, either during previews or shortly after the park opened due to feedback rom west coast guests who weren't used to Disney's edutainment side in theme parks. Surely that was more gratuitous than Michelle Kwan in her perfectly-reasonable professional sports attire

Coincidentally, a nearly identical photo of Kwan was added to the exit of DL's Great Moments with Mr Lincoln when the show was revived in 2009 with the inclusion of the Golden Dream song from Epcot
4196980422_ab7e3c87ba_b.jpg

And add me to the list of folks disappointed by the removal of the Hoyts. They may not have been as famous as most of the individuals in the finale, but they really pioneered inclusion of disabled athletes in endurance events, and even influenced the way runDisney events are open to people of all abilities. They've also managed to avoid the scandals that have plagued so many of the other featured personalities

EDIT: I just saw that they added Tatyana McFadden, the push-rim wheelchair marathoner who was the first athlete to ever win the four World Marathon Majors in a single year, and all around great person. I'm still sad to lose the Hoyts, but she's a great replacement, especially since she's near the start of her career and the Hoyts have retired from the marathon

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Not a fan of the new rendition of Golden Dream.

That was odd, too. Especially with her Marilyn Monroe look after having already had a clip of Marilyn. And since Madonna's still around and has huge Milkshake Duck potential.
Potential? She's already there. She's the female equivalent of a creepy and gross old male pervert.

Marilyn Monroe has her own share of controversy, especially in the eyes of many young women today.

Zuckerberg is another oddball. Not so much Milkshake Duck material (at least currently), but a sort of "why are you here?" situation...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom