American Adventure refurb June 18-21

LeeLee D

Love The American Adventure!

Because I am a sap and cry at anything patriotic/sentimental, if I time it right, I can :cry: during the Fife and Drum Corps, :cry: during Voices of Liberty and then really let loose :cry: :cry: :cry: during the presentation itself!

Ahhh...nothing like a good sappy cry to make a vacation great!

Slipknot

PLEEEEEASE don't take Marilyn out of the final video.....I always get chills when I see her respected like that as an American icon and all.

Seeing everyone in that Vid is awe inspiring.. at least to me. I hope they don't take any of that out, just add to it.

It is good to see AA get some TLC, even if it is a short time for it.

JWG

Finally, an update/refurb that will be done before we arrive in July! We'll get to see whatever it is.

yoda_5729

well I hope they keep Marilyn in, :) partially because I LOVE the fact that the arts and sports are payed homage to as well as political stuff as far as history is concerned. Far to often they ignore the arts and sports when talking about a countries history, when in a lot of cases those items are culture and have every bit to do with a nations history. Anyone ever notice though that neither Babe Ruth or John Wayne are in the video, which is kinda odd since lots of foreigners see those two as huge American Icons, as do Americans. Also I know Hall of Presidents and American Adventure are supposed to fit together, and that's why Lincoln isn't in the American Adventure, but I still think an image or something might be fitting, especially if you see this attraction and not Hall of Presidents.

I will be very sad though if Marilyn is taken out...I always thought they should have had a Marilyn audio animatronic in the great movie ride of her over the subway grate....nothing to risque, just something to kinda pay homage to that.....but I guess I might just be a too overzealous fan.

Nana birdie

American Adventure Refurbishment

I worked American Adventure today. The show shut down at 4:30. We had a convention there tonight. We were told to tell the day guests that the ride was shut down for refurbishment. The ride will reopen on Friday morning. We were all discussing what would be in the new 45 seconds and who would be speaking. It is long overdo - 1993 was the last update. CMs are as excited as the guests about the update. The Voices of Liberty will still be performing as usual during the next 3 days and the gallery is open for guests.

MythBuster

My friend saw parts of the new film. he couldn't remember all the new additions, but of course there was 9/11 and the WTC and salute to the military. It was different people from different walks of life. Wiilie Nelson, Run DMC, Rosa Parks, George Lucas, Lance Armstrong and some other Olympic athletes, astronauts maybe from the Columbia, and many others.

prberk

I hope they don't take out Ryan White. He went through a lot at the beginning of the AIDS crisis, when he got it from a blood transfusion and was shunned from school out of fear. It was perhaps understandable at the time, because not everything was known about how it was contracted; but it was a true struggle for him. His faith was strong, though, through the end; and he forgave people for their treatment of him. Very inspiring.

So, I was pleasantly surprised and moved years ago when I saw him in the film and remembered his struggles. Hope he stays in.

hcswingfield

I hope they don't take out Ryan White. He went through a lot at the beginning of the AIDS crisis, when he got it from a blood transfusion and was shunned from school out of fear. It was perhaps understandable at the time, because not everything was known about how it was contracted; but it was a true struggle for him. His faith was strong, though, through the end; and he forgave people for their treatment of him. Very inspiring.

So, I was pleasantly surprised and moved years ago when I saw him in the film and remembered his struggles. Hope he stays in.

I always get misty eyed when they start showing the people who have died in my lifetime - starting with Kennedy and the shot of John John saluting. When the Ryan White photo pops up, that's when the tears really start running. For me, he represents the hundreds of friends I have lost to AIDS. I was truly touched to see that the planners of this show recognized the impact it has had on many of our lives, and the courage this one boy showed against the incredible fear and prejudice others showed him.

iheartdisney91

yay so it'll be like new when i go. hahah my mom and brother and i were lauphing histerically in this show cuz my mom had no idea where she was going " where the He** am i? i feel like im lost in the white house" as she passes the corner be her self.... then the song

"one was gentle and one was kind" omg then when ben went down under the stage his hair flew up. hahaha omg good times we love this attraction now its a good giggle for us. yes we respect america and all but we laugh at everything.... at least when we are in disney. LOL

jmuboy

I am very happy to hear the AA is getting a small refresh. I never miss this show on a trip to WDW. It's such an epic Disney attraction, yet very uderstated. I always tell first timers not to miss it. It's a marvel of Disney magic and makes me proud to be an American.

Vernonpush

yay so it'll be like new when i go. hahah my mom and brother and i were lauphing histerically in this show cuz my mom had no idea where she was going " where the He** am i? i feel like im lost in the white house" as she passes the corner be her self.... then the song

"one was gentle and one was kind" omg then when ben went down under the stage his hair flew up. hahaha omg good times we love this attraction now its a good giggle for us. yes we respect america and all but we laugh at everything.... at least when we are in disney. LOL
What?:confused: :veryconfu :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom