American Adventure Issues

peter11435

That's embarrassing, and it's completely unacceptable that they're willing to let it run in this condition.

If they can't fix it after hours, it should be closed for however long it takes to get the show quality back to where it should be.
Yep. It’s by far the worst condition I’ve ever seen it in, and it’s completely unacceptable that it got this bad in the first place let alone that they continued to operate it like this.

muddyrivers

Yep. It’s by far the worst condition I’ve ever seen it in, and it’s completely unacceptable that it got this bad in the first place let alone that they continued to operate it like this.
Did you go to Guest Services to complain? I've read many times on this forum how important it is to have some sort of complaint formally registered with Guest Services. I don't think telling CMs at the attraction is enough because I don't think they have the power to do anything about it (or maybe not enough, rather than anything).

BHF

Did you go to Guest Services to complain? I've read many times on this forum how important it is to have some sort of complaint formally registered with Guest Services. I don't think telling CMs at the attraction is enough because I don't think they have the power to do anything about it (or maybe not enough, rather than anything).
Usually I wouldn't recommend encouraging people to go full Karen. We have enough of those as it is without recruiting others. However, sometimes it takes just this. (Had we all been silent about the Main Street DJ, he'd still be a nightly thing).
The American Adventure deserves better than what I'm reading here, and Disney shouldn't assume we'll just go with it because, Covid, or whatever excuse they have for poor maintenance and upkeep. I'm hoping this is just a temporary fluke and not a diluted version of this great show we're expected to accept.

UNCgolf

Usually I wouldn't recommend encouraging people to go full Karen. We have enough of those as it is without recruiting others. However, sometimes it takes just this. (Had we all been silent about the Main Street DJ, he'd still be a nightly thing).
The American Adventure deserves better than what I'm reading here, and Disney shouldn't assume we'll just go with it because, Covid, or whatever excuse they have for poor maintenance and upkeep. I'm hoping this is just a temporary fluke and not a diluted version of this great show we're expected to accept.

I don't think complaining to Guest Relations counts as being a Karen. I don't think I've ever done it personally, but that's the whole reason the department exists. It's specifically there to handle guest complaints etc. as opposed to just complaining to a random worker.

disneygeek90

I don't think complaining to Guest Relations counts as being a Karen. I don't think I've ever done it personally, but that's the whole reason the department exists. It's specifically there to handle guest complaints etc. as opposed to just complaining to a random worker.
There's also a way to give your feedback without being nasty or rude. I never think to mention it because I always assume they know and are working on a fix, but maybe that's not always the case.

I haven't seen the show in a month or two, but Jane was missing then as well.

peter11435

Unfortunately some of these issues have been ongoing for quite some time.

gsimpson

Since this is one of the few remaining attractions that tells a story without stuffing Disney advertising and merchandising down your throat during the whole performance. The existing attraction tells an uplifting story of America, that is actually a story and not a collage of Disney film clips, which is now antithetical to the Disney Corporate mantra of the US being the most awful country on the planet.

BHF

This saddens me if they are planning to let this beautiful attraction go to waste until an updated "more hip", "more screen" show is the only practical option.
I can understand if Disney is wanting to refurb or update parts of the show. One of the main hosts in particular. Considering Mark Twain's popular novels, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn collectively contain the N-word 4,792 times, it is no mystery why they would want him removed from the show.
But what about the other parts and the finale which, imo, has one of the best songs in any theme park. Hopefully an extensive maintenance overhaul is coming, and not a full show replacement.

dolbyman

Saw it just now and was shocked by how slow and in some cases motionless all the figures were
lasso cowboy (name?) was stationary no movement and in the statue of liberty scene, both animatronics were so slow and motionless they looked like from the 70s (they edited out the handshake as one animatronic arm was stationary)

Roger_the_pianist

Yeeeeeah they're for sure letting it deteriorate while they figure out what to do about Mark Twain...

The riverboat name at Disneyland will likely be changed, too. Doesn't *Mark Twain* narrate the Disneyland riverboat, too?

GrumpyDude

Saw it just now and was shocked by how slow and in some cases motionless all the figures were
lasso cowboy (name?) was stationary no movement and in the statue of liberty scene, both animatronics were so slow and motionless they looked like from the 70s (they edited out the handshake as one animatronic arm was stationary)
Will Rogers

monorail81

Happy to report a LOT of issues have been fixed, including, but not limited to, Jane’s back, Will Rogers is moving again, 1876 set pieces rising at the same time, and the curtains at the end of the show rising behind the statues. It was a Christmas miracle! It’s better than it was and surprising to see.

danyoung56

I would like to second this. Jane IS missing and not only is the gas station super slow to rise, so are the two middles booths with Bell and Carnegie. Finally Twains right arm was completely out of place in the Statue of Liberty scene.
I saw it about 2 weeks ago. The slow rising scenes didn't register with me at all, so it must be something that you have to specifically be looking for. I've noticed Jane being gone for a couple years now. And I also noticed the hand shake thing. It looked to me like Ben Franklin's arm didn't even move up into hand-shaking position.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Happy to report a LOT of issues have been fixed, including, but not limited to, Jane’s back, Will Rogers is moving again, 1876 set pieces rising at the same time, and the curtains at the end of the show rising behind the statues. It was a Christmas miracle! It’s better than it was and surprising to see.
Wow! That’s a big improvement from Thanksgiving week. Nice to hear they’ve finally fixed some things.

Disone

I saw it about 2 weeks ago. The slow rising scenes didn't register with me at all, so it must be something that you have to specifically be looking for. I've noticed Jane being gone for a couple years now. And I also noticed the hand shake thing. It looked to me like Ben Franklin's arm didn't even move up into hand-shaking position.
No I was not specifically looking for it. It really was a super slow Rising. The scene was literally halfway over before it was finally in place. It probably was just working better when you were there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom