American $1 coin?

Yellow Shoes

After seeing a documentary about different currencies and what features they have to prevent counterfeiting, I have come to the conclusion that American currency has got to be the dullest in the world.

Some countries completely change it periodically so that counterfeiters have to "start over".

The Netherlands has absolutely gorgeous money--it has tulips on it.

I believe that the change to the paper money is the first since the 1930's. (I'm sure someone can correct me on that!)

WDWspider

Don't know about you guys, but around here, the easiest way to get the $1 coins is to go to any stamp machine and use a $10 bill to purchase a book. Any dollars worth of change due back will be in the new $1 coins. They use to give Susan B.'s this way.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Loony-Twonie...

Eh?! :lol: :lol:
What do you mean forget what's on it? There's a polar bear on it! A polar bear on an ice flow...:)

Its actually a 'toonie':animwink: , and it has the Queen on one side and a polar bear on the other. The loonie has a loon on one side and the Queen on the other.

The Royal Canadian Mint has warned us to expect a huge increase in coin size when Prince Charles becomes King, something about having to fit ears on..................:lookaroun

-Tyler:king:

Maria

Originally posted by castlecake2.0

The Royal Canadian Mint has warned us to expect a huge increase in coin size when Prince Charles becomes King, something about having to fit ears on..................:lookaroun

:lol: :lol: They will be 3D! :D

Oooops! I forgot where this site comes from... :zipit: :lookaroun

:animwink:

SirNim

This is not related to coinage, but rather paper money, or "bank notes." Look for new American bank notes to start circulating either late this year or early next year, as the Treasury Dept. and Bureau of Engraving and Printing (in Wash. DC) release a new series of notes to the public, which will replace the current designs that were only released in 1996 ( 100, 50, 20) and 1999 (10, 5). These "NexGen" notes will also mark the introduction of, get this, subtle background coloration for further indentification and security of the notes, as well as larger numbers, new designs, and other counterfeiting-prevention features!

Can you believe that?!! American money will now become Monopoly money, like how it is all over in the rest of the world!

Read the full official press release here:

http://www.moneyfactory.com/document.cfm/10/63/1666

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Originally posted by SirNimajneb
This is not related to coinage, but rather paper money, or "bank notes." Look for new American bank notes to start circulating either late this year or early next year, as the Treasury Dept. and Bureau of Engraving and Printing (in Wash. DC) release a new series of notes to the public, which will replace the current designs that were only released in 1996 ( 100, 50, 20) and 1999 (10, 5). These "NexGen" notes will also mark the introduction of, get this, subtle background coloration for further indentification and security of the notes, as well as larger numbers, new designs, and other counterfeiting-prevention features!

[/url]

Having colour makes it alot easier to tell how much money you have! Reds>Your loaded, got 50 bucks! Greens> your doing all right, you got $20. Purples> Uh-Oh, getiing down to 10s. Blues> better get to the bank, you only have 5 bucks.....

Maria

Having colour makes it alot easier to tell how much money you have!

Agree! I´ll take some pics of my cool bills and show them to you. The $20 pesos bill is brand new and so nice to the touch...like silk! :animwink:

Horizons38

Premium Member
Having colour makes it alot easier to tell how much money you have! Reds>Your loaded, got 50 bucks! Greens> your doing all right, you got $20. Purples> Uh-Oh, getiing down to 10s. Blues> better get to the bank, you only have 5 bucks.....

The reds have always been favorites of mine :lol:

I am sorry to see it not take off here. I go to Canada quite a bit, and have no problems adjusting to their coin dollars. I can't explain why, but I really like it. Guess it's another reason I'm such an odd person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom