Americal Idol, OMG!

FanofDinsey1981

brer stitch and tigsmom, thanks for the articles.

and elton john needs to stick to writing music and singing. racist?! then ruben would have never been the winner last year. it was as simple as jennifer getting the leastnumber of votes, and america responded this week with 28 million votes, and putting the three correct people in the top three.

and I agree with simon, John did take everything as a man. cheers to him, and I hope a swing band takes him up as their front man.

and now let the real competetion being. :sohappy:

SpongeScott

Well, my faith is somewhat renewed in the show, but the voting process MUST be changed for next season to prevent another fiasco like this.

What genre is next week?

tigsmom

Originally posted by SpongeScott
Well, my faith is somewhat renewed in the show, but the voting process MUST be changed for next season to prevent another fiasco like this.

What genre is next week?

Big Band! Too bad John isn't still around. :lol:

**digs out Barry Manilow's Singin with the Big Bands ...

How about Chattanooga Choo Choo?

SpongeScott

Originally posted by tigsmom
Big Band! Too bad John isn't still around. :lol:

**digs out Barry Manilow's Singin with the Big Bands ...

How about Chattanooga Choo Choo?
Oh, the irony....

And what a great album that was by Barry. I'm actually listening to Gloria now since I have her songs pouring through my head. Barry's Big Band CD is next!

tigsmom

Originally posted by SpongeScott
Oh, the irony....

And what a great album that was by Barry. I'm actually listening to Gloria now since I have her songs pouring through my head. Barry's Big Band CD is next!

:lol: I've got Gloria's Greatest Hits Vol 1 playing now. Just finished Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me . (ah, now thats a song......)

WDWhumanmap

jennifer leaving hit everyone hard so its no surprise that john did get kicked off but it is still nice to see 4 million people still enjoy that kind of music still he is a nice kid and he showed he could pull through the elements but coming from someone who knew she wasn't ment to be there i don't make bets aganist he knew he wasn't either but he didn't let that get to him so you got to agree he was a good crooner but still i am not running out to buy his album.

i am happy to still see Jasmine and Diana still in it. but george and fantasia took a hard blow last night but i rather have seen fantasia up in final two then george i agree with my friend simon cowell on what the hell is america listening to anymore. no offense to anyone here i bet all of you honestly know what good music is.

Good Luck Big RED (john stevens) in all you do and for taking NYC's talent to the final 6!!!!:sohappy:

Invero

Originally posted by WDWhumanmap
jennifer leaving hit everyone hard so its no surprise that john did get kicked off but it is still nice to see 4 million people still enjoy that kind of music

Actually, my theory is that it was just four little girls voting a million times each.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Invero
Actually, my theory is that it was just four little girls voting a million times each.

Reports that lots of older people are voting for him because he seems like a nice kid. :rolleyes:

CamCodey

Just found this thread & wanted to add my $.02.

My entire family was very surprised the week the 3 Divas were in the bottom three and were saddened to see Jennifer Hudson leave.

I was glad that John Stevens made it that far, though. He will make a young lady very happy.

I'm disapointed in George Huff, though. He started out strong & I feel that he has not stepped up to the challenge.

Jasmine Tras, however, started out on the week side & has stepped up to the challenge.

Fantasia Barrino has become very "showy" to me. Maybe a bit too charasmatic for my taste, but she's a great singer.

Diana Degarmo has really grown through AI. I think she'll make it to the final 3.

I believe that Latoya London will be "crowned" American Idol, though. She just has a really strong, smooth voice.

Just my thoughts. Now I have to go through all the previous posts up to this page!!

Legacy

Well... it looks like Idol voters finally made the best descision (although it is still four weeks too late). To John, I'm glad your high school liked you so much that it cost the true talent to be burned. You are a very lucky young man to have gotten where you did and I am sure you know it. It was nothing personal, just people not wanting a one-trick pony taking up the Idol stage.

Anyway... Big Band is next? Awesome, LaToya and George should tear this one up. I doubt I'll hear it but I want to hear 'Little Brown Jug'.

(It's a shame my favorite Big Band music was made by the Glenn Miller orchestra. Their most extensive lyrics list was 'Pennsylvania 6-5000'.)

FanofDinsey1981

big band night was one of my favorite nights from two seasons ago, that is when Kelly Clarkson really shined. (tamarya was great that night too!) and I was disapointed that they didn't do it last season. I think Diana will do well, I dont know about motown george though.

good gosh work is boring. the most exciting part of my day is when I get an email saying there are more posts on this thread...:brick:

Legacy

Originally Posted By tigsmom-
Kids.
HEY!!! I represent that remark! :D

(Actually, the only reason I know who Glenn Miller is is via the Glenn Miller Story. Great movie.

I also like John Phillips Sousa, but that is a little earlier.)

Dizknee_Phreek

well, it was LONG overdue, but i'm glad John finally got the boot. i was slightly worried since George was in the bottom two...that's all we needed, another true talent getting the axe before John. John has a good voice, i can agree with that, but it's one thing to have a charisma as opposed to someone who just has a great voice.
and what's with all the talk that young girls found him to be attractive and that's why he kept getting through? if that were the case, JPL would still be around...JPL is a MUCH better looking guy (not to mention a MUCH better performer) than John, imo.
i still don't like it that Jennifer's gone, but i'm not too worried about her career...with Barry Manilow and Elton John backing her up, surely SOMEONE's going to hook her up with a contract.
anyway, i'm just glad i don't have to deal with John anymore.
on a side note, my ideal final 3 is George, Fantasia, and LaToya. but at the same time, i'm hoping LaToya gets out of there...80% of the time she sounds EXACTLY the same...for weeks all of her songs sounded the same. and have you all listened to her song on the Season 3 cd? it sounds like she's yelling it. i love George and Fantasia, so i don't care which one between the two wins...but George has been slipping up the past couple of weeks. hopefully his being in the final two this week will wake him up. i think his problem is that he's trying too hard to put range in the songs...if he would just sing the song and let his natural talent show through, i think he'd be ok again. oh, not to mention start singing the more upbeat songs again so he can throw in his bounce...i love that!
i'm looking forward to seeing how the remaining 5 perform big band...it's one of my many favorite genres! :sohappy:

MouseMadness

Random American Idol moment while shopping today... The Dress worn by Diana that Simon disliked so much was in the BCBG store. :lol: I kinda laughed when I saw it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom