Am I stupid for not choosing grand floridian?

ParentsOf4

We are doing the boardwalk inn for 5 nights in a water view room but for the same price we could stay at the Grand Floridian next month.

I mean, it's the grand floridian! Would you switch? (and yeah... I AM having a hard time choosing! lol!)
Are children staying with you? If so, what ages?

The Epcot Resorts are probably the most "grown-up" area at WDW. With the World Showcase, the Boardwalk, and 5 hotels all within walking or boating distance, it's a beautiful place for couples at night. Several bars and restaurants. And DHS also is within walking distance, with all resorts and both theme parks also connected by boat.

IMHO, the GF makes great sense if you have young children and plan to spend most days at MK. For adults or families with teenagers, any of the Epcot Resorts are the more exciting way to go.

Upvote 0

SecondStarTilMorning

Original Poster

The Epcot Resorts are probably the most "grown-up" area at WDW. With the World Showcase, the Boardwalk, and 5 hotels all within walking or boating distance, it's a beautiful place for couples at night. Several bars and restaurants. And DHS also is within walking distance, with all resorts and both theme parks also connected by boat.

IMHO, the GF makes great sense if you have young children and plan to spend most days at MK. For adults or families with teenagers, any of the Epcot Resorts are the more exciting way to go.

Just my wife and I! We are celebrating our third wedding anniversary (both 27 years old).

Upvote 0

luv

I forgot about the GF construction. Probably blocked it out of my mind, I'm so mad about what they're doing to that view.

I wouldn't stay anywhere that was having construction. That's me. BTDT. in that event, I'd go to BWI, if that were my second choice. :)

Sometimes I pay for a view, sometimes not. Just depends. Sometimes a view is nice to have. :)

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

As a kid, I always found Grand Floridian too stuffy. I felt like if I touched anything, I would get in trouble. Boardwalk is absolutely fine for kids, especially with Community Hall. I've spent so much time at Community Hall. For kids, I usually say Contemporary or Polynesian. I've always adored both, especially the gigantic arcade at Contemporary. Though I upgraded my annual pass to the premium, so now I have unlimited Disneyquest admission...Don't know what I ever did without that place!

Upvote 0

Neph-Neph

I've never stayed at the Boardwalk but just being there for dinner on one night made me fall in love. It's now my dream resort! Can't say I felt the same when I walked into the Grand Floridian for the first time but staying on the monorail line would be nice. At the same time, if I were going to stay on the monorail line I would choose the Poly!

Overall I think the Boardwalk showcases roughly the same era as the Grand Floridian but all the fun stuff about that era and not all the stuffy grandma tea parties ;) I would say stick with the Boardwalk!

Upvote 0

andyrodick

If I had a choice, I would choose GF since it is a monorail resort and the elite deluxe hotel on property!:) I also love MK and taking the boat launch over! The lobby is breathtaking! it would be a once in a lifetime chance I believe!:D The restaurant choices are fabulous and it's nice to watch the fireworks from the beach.;) Theme: Victorian Era. Rooms are nice.
On the other hand, BI is very pretty and boat launch/walk to Epcot, yacht club/beach club, swan, and dolphin are nice as well as access to Hollywood Studios. Theme: Boardwalk of Atlantic City w/ shops & restaurants. Gorgeous night view!:) Rooms are also nice.
Both choices are great either way!
I am a bit jealous. Pea green w/ envy!;)

I am agree with you. Travelling is just become fun now. I will go there with my new jersey Manchester United, glory and enjoy my trip.

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

Well as a die hard GF fan I would choose GF if I had never stayed there but honestly I would love to try the Boardwalk area now that are kids are getting older we plan on a stay there in one of our future visits. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
We are doing the boardwalk inn for 5 nights in a water view room but for the same price we could stay at the Grand Floridian next month.

I mean, it's the grand floridian! Would you switch? (and yeah... I AM having a hard time choosing! lol!)
We actually had the same situation in February. We had booked the BW, but later switched to the GF for the trip. We had stayed at the BW before, but never GF. So for us it wasn't hard to decide. We stayed at GF and would make that switch again.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

We actually had the same situation in February. We had booked the BW, but later switched to the GF for the trip. We had stayed at the BW before, but never GF. So for us it wasn't hard to decide. We stayed at GF and would make that switch again.
We are big fans of staying at what we call "new resorts". When other factors were close, we'd strongly be influenced to stay at resorts we'd never stayed at before. After a few decades of WDW vacations, we're down to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness and Art of Animation as our only "new resorts".:)

I'm a fan of all of the WDW resorts (except price) but also have my favorite.;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom