Am i a bad person ?

Is it ok to save FP's for scrapbooking ?

• Yes, take the FP, it's a great little keepsake.

Votes: 130 83.3%
  • No, someone is missing out on a great ride because of this.

Votes: 26 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

benyeomans

Original Poster
Keeping FP's

I'm not wanting to start an argument, just people opinions. I only get the chance to visit Disney World once every two years or so. I'll keep everything i get in my welcome pack plus KTTW card etc...

Is it rude for me to want to keep a FP from each attraction ? It's not like i'll be taking numerous Soarin' FP's and keeping them, just one from each attraction that i want to keep for scrapbooking. I understand that someone would be missing out due to me not using it for the ride but i'm sure that i'm not the only person who wants to do this. :shrug:

real mad hatter

Whit!

I'm not wanting to start an argument, just people opinions. I only get the chance to visit Disney World once every two years or so. I'll keep everything i get in my welcome pack plus KTTW card etc...

Is it rude for me to want to keep a FP from each attraction ? It's not like i'll be taking numerous Soarin' FP's and keeping them, just one from each attraction that i want to keep for scrapbooking. I understand that someone would be missing out due to me not using it for the ride but i'm sure that i'm not the only person who wants to do this. :shrug:

Of course not,hey,that's a great idea,I'll get FP from all the favourites and sell them,only joking:ROFLOL:We got FP on our last visit for Buzz but got caught up on haunted mansion so we missed our slot,still have them to show folk how this works.

benyeomans

Original Poster
Of course not,hey,that's a great idea,I'll get FP from all the favourites and sell them,only joking:ROFLOL:We got FP on our last visit for Buzz but got caught up on haunted mansion so we missed our slot,still have them to show folk how this works.

I didn't think it would be that big of a deal but i know that sometime people can get touchy re: FP's and not using them.

Xethos

I still have one in my wallet from 09', I come across it sometimes, It is a nice reminder of Disney I get to stumble upon while digging for money.

TheDisneyMagic

I have never seen an issue with this, as long as people don't attempt to sell them on to less informed people thinking they will still be valid it doesn't hurt anybody. If anything it benefits others as the queue will be that one person shorter.

dave&di

I've got a FP for Haunted Mansion from 2010, while I was waiting for my OH to come off RnR I thought I would surprise him with a HM Fastpass! He wasn't fussed as he said it was a walk on anyway!

To be honest with you it never even occured to me to hand it on to someone else!

Drenhopkins

I don't think it's a big deal. I assume Disney calculates that some people getting fastpass won't return or they know people just get them for keepsakes. There been plently of times I got a fastpass then something comes up and never return to the ride.

captainkidd

I think it's kind of crummy to get a fastpass with no intention of using it. Then again, it's completely within your right, as long as you're not selling it.

captainkidd

I don't think it's a big deal. I assume Disney calculates that some people getting fastpass won't return or they know people just get them for keepsakes. There been plently of times I got a fastpass then something comes up and never return to the ride.

I think that happens to everybody. But to hit up every FP attraction, get a ticket with no intention of using it is something else. But like I said above, it's within the user's right to do so. I just wouldn't do it myself. Too much experience with rides like TSMM and Soarin' running out of fastpass for me to not feel bad about doing that.

G00fyDad

I have a whole mess of FPs that I kept simply because my return time had passed and they were no good to us other than as a keepsake. I think I will try to collect one from each FP attraction on our next trip.

ddbowdoin

well, now that they'll be keeping guests to the stated time we can now keep them if we want... I've had a lot of CM's just not let me keep them even though I am an honest person.

Vader2112

If the likely hood is that I can not use them. I try to give them away. People looked shocked at you when you try to give it to them. Like a stranger offering a child candy.
I like to do it...good Karma. I do not see anything wrong about keeping them for a scrap book either. It is a nice little touch to a scrap book.

the-reason14

I have so may old fastpasses I can't even count them. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I can't say I'd do it as I would always try to use them, but they're good for the memories.

bgraham34

I have them from almost every attraction. Not because I want to collect them but because I just did not end up using them. We changed plans and what not during the day. But I have collected a few that said return between 1am and 2am.

The Empress Lilly

I understand that someone would be missing out due to me not using it for the ride
But this is not true!

Nobody does not get to go on Soarin' because you didn't use that fastpass. All it means is that one person from the standby line will get to go in your place. It is not an issue at all. No need to feel guilty - on the contrary, instead of using it for yourself you just gave up your seat to somebody else! You made somebody happy in the process.

disfan411

You can always do what I did when I wanted to collect fastpasses on my trip. I got my fastpass for a ride that I would intend to use and then go to the other rides and get the invalid fastpass. This way you are not wasting a valid fastpass. This only works if you are ok with having a fastpass that doesn't have the time on it.

Rowdy

Nobody does not get to go on Soarin' because you didn't use that fastpass. All it means is that one person from the standby line will get to go in your place. It is not an issue at all. No need to feel guilty - on the contrary, instead of using it for yourself you just gave up your seat to somebody else! You made somebody happy in the process.

This is exactly right. I'm surprised there's 6 people against it. You "paid" for it, you do what you want with it!

SyracuseOrange

I still have one in my wallet from 09', I come across it sometimes, It is a nice reminder of Disney I get to stumble upon while digging for money.

Love this. A few months ago I grabbed a jacket that I haven't worn in a while. When I put my hand in the pocket, I found a FP for Peter Pan's Flight in Disneyland Paris. Brought a smile to my face.

luv

You're as entitled to a FP as anyone. And once you have it, whether or not you ride makes no difference. Plenty of people will get them and not make it back to ride at the appointed time. I'm sure Disney is working that number in!

You could get the dud ones. When you aren't eligible for a FP, you can still enter your card and have it spit out a ticket. It will say it isn't valid, but it's a ticket. Get one and see if that would do for your purposes. This will likely change when they roll out their new system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom