Alton Towers

Al

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I know most of you here are from the USA, but i was just wondering have any of you been to the UK's best theme park...

Alton Towers

If so, what are your views on it, and dont compare it to Disney becuase it just doesnt. There is a new coaster being built, rumours on screamscape.com suggest that they have signed an agreement with USF (because AT signed a contract with the manufacturers saying that after this new coaster had opened, no one else could build one the same within 2 years), but USF want one.

I think its called a; New Generation Flying Roller Coaster

and will be called air.

So, anyone who has been to alton towers, tell me what you think! Especially us few who are from england ( wahey!!)

DisJosh

Havent been there in real life but I've been there virtualy in roller coaster tycoon and have manged to mangle, drown and over charge thousands of ppl all from my living room!:D

markymark

Originally posted by DisJosh
Havent been there in real life but I've been there virtualy in roller coaster tycoon and have manged to mangle, drown and over charge thousands of ppl all from my living room!:D

Sounds like England!!! especially the over charge part!!

I haven't been for about 5 years now Al. The reason being I just think it's absolute rubbish. I realise that you aren't supposed to compare to WDW, but I think that it is trying to be a cross between WDW and USF and IOA, and, in my opinion FAILS at all of them. I have always found the place dirty, the staff and other guests the most repulsive, annoying, thoughtless and generally unpleasant bunch ever encountered. I just feel that everything there is cheap and nasty and wish the place would close it's a total waste of space and time, plus it is such a bloody awful place to get to.

Just "my 2 cents" !!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Alton Towers is complete junk - and they have no business calling it a "theme park" - it is simply an amusement park. :)

markymark

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Alton Towers is complete junk - and they have no business calling it a "theme park" - it is simply an amusement park. :)

SUPERB!!!!!!

Nice one Steve!!!!!!! Thats basically what I was trying to say!!!

buffy27uk

Originally posted by markymark

Sounds like England!!! especially the over charge part!!

I haven't been for about 5 years now Al. The reason being I just think it's absolute rubbish. I realise that you aren't supposed to compare to WDW, but I think that it is trying to be a cross between WDW and USF and IOA, and, in my opinion FAILS at all of them. I have always found the place dirty, the staff and other guests the most repulsive, annoying, thoughtless and generally unpleasant bunch ever encountered. I just feel that everything there is cheap and nasty and wish the place would close it's a total waste of space and time, plus it is such a bloody awful place to get to.

Just "my 2 cents" !!

i'm right there with you marky!
Blackpool Pleasure beach is just as bad apart from The Big One thats pretty cool. Idont know about making Blackpool the Las Vegas of the UK but they should concentrate on making The Pleasure Beach better first. The place is dirty , the people are rude and miserable, the food is like something you get out a dustbin and i would go in there even if it was free (apart from The Big One......did i say that is pretty cool?....) Oh and its always raining here.

markymark

Originally posted by buffy27uk

i'm right there with you marky!
Blackpool Pleasure beach is just as bad apart from The Big One thats pretty cool. Idont know about making Blackpool the Las Vegas of the UK but they should concentrate on making The Pleasure Beach better first. The place is dirty , the people are rude and miserable, the food is like something you get out a dustbin and i would go in there even if it was free (apart from The Big One......did i say that is pretty cool?....) Oh and its always raining here.

LOL!!!!! A perfect description!!

Al

Original Poster
I know, Blackpool pleasure beach is so tacky!

Has anyone been on the Haunted Mansion @ alton towers, it looks like they just found it on the floor!! If you look up, you can see the roof of the warehouse!

markymark

No, I have been fortunate enough to miss that. This is why I wont go to this god awful place. They just take a great idea, and make it crap. :mad:

buffy27uk

Originally posted by Alberrisford
well said!!!!!

I just noticed youre from Liverpool, wow! I am from Staffordshire!
where in staffordshire are you ?
i used to live in stoke on trent but moved to blackpool 11 years ago

neilybealy

Hiya

You're absolutely right - you simply cannot compare WDW with AT.

Last time I went there I stayed in the AT hotel which was no different to any other hotel unless you stayed in 1 of the "themed" rooms - we asked to have a look at 1 and were amazed to learn that the hotel only has 1 of each "themed" rooms which were booked a year in advance.

Nemisis is a good ride but very short.

Oblivion was fantastic but, again, it's over far too soon. Oh, and the day I went it kept breaking down - we got stuck a few times for 5 mins or so.

The rest of the park is pretty crud.

The new ride (AIR) looks pretty kewl from the pics - you lay down like a hand glider - gonna need nerves of steel for that one!!

Neil

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom