Also need advice on Dining Line Up

gspin2k1

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

So I got a first WDW trip for my girlfriend and I May 19th-24th. I am trying my best to keep things low key and unplanned to the minute(my girlfriend hates that), but I've made tons of ADRs because I guess due to the times we have to.

Just wanted to see people's thoughts on our dining line up.

Arrive: May 19th 4:30 ish, Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, probably will tour DT disney this night.
Dinner - Jiko

May 20 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast - Crystal Palace character breakfast
Lunch - Quick Service
Dinner - Victoria & Alberts

May 21 - Epcot
Breakfast - Kona, Boma or Quick Service?
Lunch - Coral Reef or should we just Dine around the world?
Dinner - Les Chefs De France

May 22 - Animal Kingdom morning -> Hollywood Studios evening
Breakfast - Boma/Quick Service
Lunch - Tusker House or Quick Service?
Dinner - 50's Prime Time Cafe

May 23rd - Free morning ->Magic Kingdom
Breakfast - Kona or QS
Lunch - QS where ever we end up something tells me we'll be in Hollywood Studios.
Dinner - Liberty Tree

May 24th - Departure Flight 1:15 domestic flight. most likely leave resort at 10-11 am

Late breakfast - in room?

~G

coltow

Arrive: May 19th 4:30 ish, Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, probably will tour DT disney this night.
Dinner - Jiko
Have dinner first, then if time go to DTD if not just tour around the hotel, there's plentty to see there.

May 20 - Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Quick Service

May 21 - Epcot
QS for lunch somewhere. You will not want to waste all that time at 2 sit-downs in the same day. I'd also probably give Boma atry for breakfast. It's buffet so can be done at your own pace before heading out to park. Kona will be too far out of your way this day

QS for breakfast and lunch, just see where the day takes you.

Breakfast - Kona or QS
Lunch - QS where ever we end up something tells me we'll be in Hollywood Studios.
Dinner - Liberty Tree
Good day to give Kona breakfast a try. Book it late so you can either sleep a bit or hit MK for a bit first.

May 24th - Departure Flight 1:15 domestic flight. most likely leave resort at 10-11 am

DisneyMom4

Dinner - Jiko

I second the idea above to eat first and then go to DTD. Otherwise, it will feel rushed. Actually, hanging out at the resort for the evening might be a lot more relaxing and less rushed.

May 20 - Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Quick Service

Depending on what time your ADRs for Crystal Palace are you may or may not want to do lunch on this day. It's A LOT of food and you want to be hungry for V & A.

May 21 - Epcot

Kona! Kona! Kona! (I really like that place!) However, Boma is much more easy for you to access and is very good as well.
Coral Reef for lunch after a table service breakfast and before a TS supper would be too much for me. Dining around the world is always very fun.
I was pleasantly surprised by Chefs de France. Good food.

There aren't many QS breakfast choices at AK. Maybe do Boma this morning and Kona the morning before? Flame Tree BBQ is an awesome QS for lunch at AK. 50's for supper is a good choice.

Breakfast - Kona or QS
Dinner - Liberty Tree

Okay, I'm going to change my mind here and say do QS breakfast on May 21st and do Kona for breakfast on this day. Still eat around the world for lunch though because it is just so fun. There is never a way to go wrong with LTT for supper - super yummy!

You can order breakfast through room service the night before even and have it delivered that morning. Very nice and relaxing way to end the vacation.

Sounds like it will be an amazing time!

popsicletrees

For lunch on the 21st I would recommend going to a QS somewhere in WS. I've never had Boma for breakfast, but I really enjoy their dinner selections. I know that isn't in your plans, but I thought I would offer the suggestion.

gspin2k1

Original Poster
Dinner - Jiko
Have dinner first, then if time go to DTD if not just tour around the hotel, there's plentty to see there.

- The earliest dinner I could get @ Jiko was 8:55 pm...which is sad because I really do want to eat there and none of the other days in my schedule really works out well to do dinner @ Jiko. I just hope we'll still have some time to tour DT disney before the dinner and/or after. How late do the stores and etc in DT Disney stay open? I guess I could always re-visit DT Disney 5/23 in the morning...or 5/24 early morning for last minute shopping.

~G

May 20 - Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Quick Service

Depending on what time your ADRs for Crystal Palace are you may or may not want to do lunch on this day. It's A LOT of food and you want to be hungry for V & A.

- Yes agreed, I definitely want to be hungry for V&As.

May 21 - Epcot

Kona! Kona! Kona! (I really like that place!) However, Boma is much more easy for you to access and is very good as well.
Coral Reef for lunch after a table service breakfast and before a TS supper would be too much for me. Dining around the world is always very fun.
I was pleasantly surprised by Chefs de France. Good food.

I was debating Kona this morning just because Polynesian is only a Monorail ride away (according to the maps) to Epcot, but definitely agreed 2 Table Service may be a bit too much food and time wasted in one day (especially 3). Unless of course they were buffets and just allowed us to sit, eat, and leave real quick. I think I'm more impressed by Chefs De France's menu, but the environment of Coral Reef seemed pretty cool too. I think this one is my hardest dining line up to figure out. Basically lose one TS or lose a lot of time (and gain a lot of weight lol).

~G

For lunch on the 21st I would recommend going to a QS somewhere in WS. I've never had Boma for breakfast, but I really enjoy their dinner selections. I know that isn't in your plans, but I thought I would offer the suggestion.

- I think we may end up doing that and just save the TS for dinner. I guess we could always make Coral Reef for our next WDW vacation. I may not mind doing Boma for breakfast most mornings (if we end up on the deluxe plan) cus it's a breakfast buffet, which I assume can be as fast or as slow as you allow it right?

~G

DizneyPryncess

Dinner - Jiko
I agree that you should eat at DTD, since there's so many restaurants there. Going all the way to DTD, and then trying to make it back for dinner at Jiko might be stressful.

May 20 - Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Quick Service
This day looks pretty good to me. You can skip lunch if you're not too hungry.

May 21 - Epcot
If you are driving your car, park at the Boardwalk, and walk into Epcot through the back entrance. You'll pass the boardwalk bakery, and they have really good little things you can grab & eat on your way in. Saves you some time. If you plan a big lunch & dinner, you won't need a sit down breakfast.

This is the day I'd do Boma for breakfast, since you aren't traveling as far from your resort to get to a park. Do a quick lunch, and 50's for dinner.

Breakfast - Kona or QS
Dinner - Liberty Tree
Kona has a great breakfast, and this is a good day to do it since you can take the monorail from the Poly to the MK. QS lunch, and Liberty Tree is great for dinner.

Eithe that, or grab something quick service on your way out. Or you could eat at the airport too.

~G[/quote]

kitten2299

All the places you have picked sound great but dont eat lunch the day of Victoria and Alberts or you will be to full to enjoy that meal.
Have a great trip!! We know you will be eating very well!

gspin2k1

Original Poster
Noted this...

"May 20 - Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Quick Service
Dinner - Victoria & Alberts"

OK - that dinner? Realize, you are not fooling around. You had best have a jacket & tie in your luggage - and for two, you are likely looking at a $250+ dinner tab:

See http://allears.net/menu/menu_va.htm

This is a VERY good Restaurant - it is NOT cheap. As you mentioned "first trip"? I wanted to be sure you realized what you had booked.

Please forgive me if you already knew all of this... I just hate to see first time visitors get a bit burned by a surprise.

No worries, I do appreciate the warning. Yeah V&A's is gonna cost probably around $300-400 +Tax/Tip (depending if we do wine flight or bring our own bottle) it's a shame that's easily more than half of the rest of our dining plans lol. But I do have :zipit: plans for that day, and V&As would be perfect to cap it off. the only funny thing is we're starting off the trip with these fancy meals (V&A, Jiko, Les Chefs De France) and then ending it with Pot Roast/Fried chicken (prime time) and thanksgiving dinners (liberty tree) lol.

So far flight was free (my miles), I covered tickets and room, gf covering food, I'm covering V&As, and I guess we split on the gifts...SO EXCITED!!!

~G

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi everyone,

So I got a first WDW trip for my girlfriend and I May 19th-24th. I am trying my best to keep things low key and unplanned to the minute(my girlfriend hates that), but I've made tons of ADRs because I guess due to the times we have to.

Just wanted to see people's thoughts on our dining line up.

Dinner - Jiko

May 20 - Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Quick Service

May 21 - Epcot

Breakfast - Kona or QS
Dinner - Liberty Tree

~G

On the 21st for lunch - I would do Dine Around the World rather then Coral Reef - I've heard mixed reviews on it. And ADTW is so much more fun! :sohappy:
Lunch at AK? May I suggest Yak and Yeti - they have TS and QS - the honey chicken is amazing! :slurp::slurp::slurp:

Lunch at DHS? Planet Pizza is SO good! :slurp::slurp::slurp: It's a QS.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Prof Ecks

I would think that the 50's Prime Time Cafe would be better for lunch. If this is to have a romantic theme, I would go for the Fantasmic Dinner plan at the Brown Derby for Dinner instead of 50's. The food and ambiance are so much better for dinner. Though I suspect you know what you are doing and are planning accordingly.

gspin2k1

Original Poster
I would think that the 50's Prime Time Cafe would be better for lunch. If this is to have a romantic theme, I would go for the Fantasmic Dinner plan at the Brown Derby for Dinner instead of 50's. The food and ambiance are so much better for dinner. Though I suspect you know what you are doing and are planning accordingly.

Sadly there is no Fantasmic the night we're going to Hollywood Studios. Good idea though. I'll have to save Fantasmic for another WDW trip (but we did get to see it at Disney Land..so not a total loss).

~G

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom