Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace switching locations late next week

Otterhead

I guess these posters are collector's items now? *sigh*
sunshine-tree-terrace-poster-210x300.jpg

NearTheEars

I wonder if there is any temporary "hey, keep on a walking if you want a Dole whip" signs at Sunshine Tree. I bet some folks know the location for their favorite treat, but not the name.

habuma

I hope Orange Bird is only gone temporarily, but I fear for the worst. Although I prefer Dole Whips over Citrus Swirls, I've enjoyed seeing his smiling face for the past few years.

I've got a pic of the little guy that I suppose I could post on Instagram today for throwback Thursday. In the meantime, where's the "Bring Back Orange Bird" petition I can sign?

redjebvt

Is there a difference between the Citrus Swirl offered at Sunshine Tree Terrace and the "orange flavor" Dole Whip that was available at Aloha Isle (before the location switch)? A Dole Whip float with a combination of pineapple and orange was my go-to at AI whenever we were at the MK, but it doesn't look like that option will be available based upon the new menu photos from AI.

muteki

Thank goodness the Citrus Swirl is still on the menu. And hopefully the citrus is still citrus.

Is there a difference between the Citrus Swirl offered at Sunshine Tree Terrace and the "orange flavor" Dole Whip that was available at Aloha Isle (before the location switch)? A Dole Whip float with a combination of pineapple and orange was my go-to at AI whenever we were at the MK, but it doesn't look like that option will be available based upon the new menu photos from AI.

A real Citrus Swirl is made using orange juice, not orange-flavored ice cream.

elchippo

A very practical decision that I completely understand.....but....it's a pretty big change to Adventureland when you think about what staples both places have always been. And the Orange Bird/Tiki Room connection just worked so well. But I think he would look great on that little balcony at his new home.

Clamman73

I hope Orange Bird is only gone temporarily, but I fear for the worst. Although I prefer Dole Whips over Citrus Swirls, I've enjoyed seeing his smiling face for the past few years.

I've got a pic of the little guy that I suppose I could post on Instagram today for throwback Thursday. In the meantime, where's the "Bring Back Orange Bird" petition I can sign?
Yes. Temporarily as per Parks blog.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...in-magic-kingdom-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

jmmc

Wasn't the name of the buildings including the Tiki Room and the Terrance called "Sunshine Pavilion" or something, in the past? Or was that term only used in Disneyland?

Otterhead

I'm not terribly surprised by the lack of espresso drinks and orange Dole Whip. Every time I waited in line at either spot, requests for custom blends of orange & pineapple, custom 'twists', or cappuccinos/lattes slowed the wait to a crawl. I've waited a half hour in line at Sunshine Tree with only three people in front of me before.

Horizons1

Oh, Disney. You crack me up. You make such a large fuss over the return of a character the fanboys will get giddy over, and then you give him the boot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom