Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace switching locations late next week

Otterhead

Oh, Disney. You crack me up. You make such a large fuss over the return of a character the fanboys will get giddy over, and then you give him the boot.
As reported above, from the parks blog:
Fans of the Orange Bird don’t need to worry – he will be settling into his new home in a few weeks.

Haymarket2008

Orange Bird is coming back in a few weeks.
The citrus swirl is still there.
ALL IS FINE!

I am disappointed that they are switching the locations just purely for nostalgic reasons. It's been the Terrace since day 1. But I do really love how 70's the new Terrace sign is. VERY reminiscent of that retro Adventureland aesthetic.

I'm really bummed about the orange soft serve being taken off the Aloha Isle menu. I don't like pineapple and thought the Citrus Swirl was only okay. That orange soft serve was great though!

jbdorman

I was hoping that orange bird wasn't gone! It didn't make much sense because about a month ago the Disney Parks Blog posted they were going to expand the amount of Orange Bird merchandise. I'm glad he's going to stay!

aladdin2007

Orange Bird is coming back in a few weeks.
The citrus swirl is still there.
ALL IS FINE!

I am disappointed that they are switching the locations just purely for nostalgic reasons. It's been the Terrace since day 1. But I do really love how 70's the new Terrace sign is. VERY reminiscent of that retro Adventureland aesthetic.

Agreed, but at least there is confirmation of citrus swirl and orange bird's return, still kinda bummed they took it off the sign all together though. Could someone please tell me why the turkey legs are being moved from frontierland to tomorrowland? Has Disney flipped? They belong in frontierland.,,,nevermind, they are returning to frontierland later this year...

Kman101

It was definitely strange seeing the locations switched today. I do like the signage but it was odd, as for whatever reason, I had no idea they made the switch. I'm pretty sure they had a cast member out front of each place with menus. Both locations were still quite busy though. I'm not sure they're really going to relieve the problem, if that's why they made the switch. It's better (and the park was packed), but the line was still wrapping around. And the new Aloha Isle was a madhouse of people in front of it.

I noticed a lot of signage around the park looked good, actually, at least to me. Most of the Magic Kingdom really is in great shape.

lobelia

Personally I think this makes much more sense! Aloha Isle fits the Tiki Room theme and area, while Sunshine Tree now sits closer to Swiss Family Robinsons Tree house and the building has more of a Florida coast look to it.

This was my exact thought. The Sunshine Terrace looks better with the small balconies above it and the new Aloha Isle name matches the Polynesian theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom