Almost complete DL pirate ride through

ghostlyguitar

The PC changes are, unfortunately, still intact for the most part. Instead of chasing food, however, the pirates are chasing gold and valuables.

I'm curious to see where Davey Jones is going to be placed at WDW...it seems like you'd be going too quickly at the end of the drop to have the effect work just before the Wicked Wench scene. I would imagine the boats would disturb the fog too much. In the concept art, it appears as though he'd be appearing in the waterfalls at the beginning of the caverns, off to the side of the riders instead of directly in front of them.

The rest will probably be about the same as DL's - I'm interested to see the little details that wouldn't necessarily show up on video tape, like the new clouds in the sky, the fog and cannon effects in the Wicked Wench scene, and the improved fire effects. Those have been mentioned in ride descriptions and run-throughs that I've read, but nobody describes how they've been updated.

-Adam-

disneydata

missionspace said:
I was also wondring what exactly does Davey Jones say?
He says three phrases, one of them was stated above (or something like that). He also says "Aye, but they DO tell tales ... so says I, Davey Jones!" and another phrase I can't recall. Something about being adventurous.

disneydata

ghostlyguitar said:
The PC changes are, unfortunately, still intact for the most part. Instead of chasing food, however, the pirates are chasing gold and valuables.

I'm curious to see where Davey Jones is going to be placed at WDW...it seems like you'd be going too quickly at the end of the drop to have the effect work just before the Wicked Wench scene. I would imagine the boats would disturb the fog too much. In the concept art, it appears as though he'd be appearing in the waterfalls at the beginning of the caverns, off to the side of the riders instead of directly in front of them.

The rest will probably be about the same as DL's - I'm interested to see the little details that wouldn't necessarily show up on video tape, like the new clouds in the sky, the fog and cannon effects in the Wicked Wench scene, and the improved fire effects. Those have been mentioned in ride descriptions and run-throughs that I've read, but nobody describes how they've been updated.

-Adam-
DJ is in the upper area just after you leave load adjacent of the waterfall, before the drop.

Oh wow, I really like it and I was afraid I wouldn't. Imagineering did a good job IMHO, it wasn't cheesy at all. :cool: This is always the ride at the MK that my husband insists that we not miss. I can't wait to ride the WDW version.

pcf1385

So, maybe I should have posted a seperate thread for this, but does anyone know if the outside of the POTC at WDW has been changed like the concept art that was posted months ago? and are they changing the boats as rumored as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom