Almost complete DL pirate ride through

epcotfreak1224

i cant wait to ride the new ride. the AAs look awesome and the davy jones effect looks really cool. but i have a question about the original mk potc. during the cave scenes, what would say "Dead men tell no tales". i know its stupid question but i haven't ridden the ride in a while and its been bothering me.

CaptainMichael

epcotfreak1224 said:
i cant wait to ride the new ride. the AAs look awesome and the davy jones effect looks really cool. but i have a question about the original mk potc. during the cave scenes, what would say "Dead men tell no tales". i know its stupid question but i haven't ridden the ride in a while and its been bothering me.
A skull and crossbones. I prefer the ominous voice from nowhere. It is much more effective IMO.

imagineer boy

IcicleM said:
I got some cool info about the story line from playing the cell phone game, which I thought was pretty cool, and relates to the original ride. Do you remember how, in the first movie, Jack told the otherp irates that the dog wouldn't be tricked with the bone? Funny thing, haha. In the second movie, when we learn about Jack's past, it turns out that when he was in jail, he taunted the dog with the bone, and it worked, and he escaped. When he set sail with the Wicked Wench, and it sunk, and Jack was drowning, he called for Davy Jones to save him. Davy answered his call, and gave him back his ship, with it's black sails to remind Jack of its curse. He could keep the ship after 13 years, and Jack then owed Davy his life. Jack then promptly renamed the ship "The Black Pearl" and sailed off for a crew. Pretty awesome stuff right there.

Wow, that's awsome stuff right there! I really can't wait for the movie!:sohappy: :sohappy:

TP2000

IcicleM said:
Also, I can't wait to take a trip to Disneyland, because I would LOOOOVE to see The Aztec Chest from the movie.

The Aztec chest is at Disneyland, in the Treasure Scene directly to your left as the boat nears the end of the Tresaure Scene. It sits up on a rocky ledge as your boat makes a slow right turn to head into the Transition Tunnel. You can't miss it.

The local media here in SoCal made a big deal about all the movie props in the ride this morning on local TV, and the Aztec Chest was one of the props they pointed out the most. Has anyone heard what props will be in the WDW version? And why couldn't they just duplicate the props for both rides? What's the big deal about having the real prop from the movie, since it's not really an Aztec chest from 2,000 years ago, it's just fake prop made for a movie? It's probably just balsa wood and styrofoam, painted to look old. Just make two of 'em! :rolleyes:

Disneyland was insane this morning at 8:00am park opening. At 7:45am the line for people waiting to ride Pirates stretched from the Frontierland entrance all the way down Main Street to City Hall. When I left the park around 10:00am the line filled up the regular Pirates queue, snaked around New Orleans Square, and was then sent out through Frontierland and it still ended down on Main Street! CRAZY! :eek:

CaptainMichael

TP2000 said:
Disneyland was insane this morning at 8:00am park opening. At 7:45am the line for people waiting to ride Pirates stretched from the Frontierland entrance all the way down Main Street to City Hall. When I left the park around 10:00am the line filled up the regular Pirates queue, snaked around New Orleans Square, and was then sent out through Frontierland and it still ended down on Main Street! CRAZY! :eek:
hmmmm....hear that naysayers??? That is a (for lack of a better word) serious line!

I like how around 3 minutes in when htey're filming barbossa they tied in the main overature from POTC the movie into the ride in the background. Very cool. Plus, if I remember correctly, there was no real music there anyway. I'm glad they added it but it didn't interfere with the original music the ride had when riding through the town.

Does anyone know if Johnny Depp actually did the voice for the last AA?

CTXRover

disneydata said:
The skull and crossbones were not removed to put in the DJ effect, that is long before the drop. They just removed it.

Quick question for you since you seem to know what is going on. Will the WDW version of DJ be similar to the DL version in that the boats will float right through the mist screen? I wasn't expecting that until I saw the video, and I must admit that is pretty cool. I'm hoping there was enough room in the WDW version to do something similar. It sounds like the DJ effect happens before the beach scene at WDW, is that right? Is that enough time in WDW's version to establish the "Dead Men tell no Tales" question prior to DJ's answer?

Only 4 more days until I try out the DL version for myself :sohappy:

disneydata

CTXRover said:
Quick question for you since you seem to know what is going on. Will the WDW version of DJ be similar to the DL version in that the boats will float right through the mist screen? I wasn't expecting that until I saw the video, and I must admit that is pretty cool. I'm hoping there was enough room in the WDW version to do something similar. It sounds like the DJ effect happens before the beach scene at WDW, is that right? Is that enough time in WDW's version to establish the "Dead Men tell no Tales" question prior to DJ's answer?

Only 4 more days until I try out the DL version for myself :sohappy:
Yes. It happens right near the waterfalls. It's very neat to ride through the mist as he's talking.

erasure fan1

The video is kinda hard to see whats going on but it sure makes me want to see it. Only a month to go, and I sure hope this turns out well, the AAs look great. If it goes over big I hope they move on to the other attractions that need some help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom