Almost complete DL pirate ride through

bassman

can i just say
WOW!!!!
those AA's look awesome.
the only thing i found was a bit weird was hearing jack sing "yo ho a pirate life for me" properly,with all the words.i thought it would be cool if he sang what he sang at the very end of the first film.
y know "da dada da dada da dada da.........(looks at compass) and really bad eggs.............drink up me harties yo ho(closes compass,and the screen rolls on to the credits)", that bit.
i love that bit i just thought it would be cool if he did it in the ride too.
all in all i am soooooooo excited about these enhansements.

T-1MILLION

Original Poster
I think I am going to be the only one on here who is against or not fond of rather these changes. They took out some great lines and changed famous scenes for some of the new ones. The whole part with Davey Jones has taken out the "no fear over evil curses says you, properly warned ye be says I" "Perhabs ye knows too much" and at WDW supposedly the Jolly roger will be gone all together for the Davey jones effect.:(

cherrynegra

I got to ride on Pirates this morning during the soft opening. There's no doubt about it. Changes have been made. Traditionalists are going to be upset about the changes and others will love it. I didn't think the changes detracted from the ride overall. But that's just my opinion.

yensidtlaw1969

T-1MILLION said:
At WDW supposedly the Jolly roger will be gone all together for the Davey jones effect.:(
Potentially . . . apparently it has been removed at word of imagineering, but ride and safety wants it there. Maybe if they moved it foreward in the ride, IE earlier in the caves so not to clash with the Davy Jones effect. Also, last time I rode it (November) was so dark there that I almost didn't find it, knowing full well it was there and it's general location. If I didn't klnow better I would've thought it was just an omniscient voice. That should be fixed.

Yensid "I never really liked the "Perhaps ye knows too much . . ." line. The voice sounded hokey (no offence to whichever Imagineer recorded it! Just my tastes!). The "No fear of evil curses says you" one was fine, but I didn't like the other one" tlaw1969

yensidtlaw1969

cherrynegra said:
I got to ride on Pirates this morning during the soft opening. There's no doubt about it. Changes have been made. Traditionalists are going to be upset about the changes and others will love it. I didn't think the changes detracted from the ride overall. But that's just my opinion.
Would that be DL or WDW?

Thanks!

Yensidtlaw1969

imagineer boy

Crappy video, but it gave a good sence of what was in the ride! I noticed a few times where some of the music from the movies was thrown in. I can't wait to go to DL and ride it for myself. The AAs look great BTW.

lownalo

imagineer boy said:
Crappy video, but it gave a good sence of what was in the ride! I noticed a few times where some of the music from the movies was thrown in. I can't wait to go to DL and ride it for myself. The AAs look great BTW.

Yeah, I wish we had some better video of the ride, I guess this will have to do for now.

NeedABreak

So jack's head is popping out of the barrel now? :lol: Imagin if the oringinal voice for the fat pirate infront of the barrel was looped in.

disneydata

T-1MILLION said:
I think I am going to be the only one on here who is against or not fond of rather these changes. They took out some great lines and changed famous scenes for some of the new ones. The whole part with Davey Jones has taken out the "no fear over evil curses says you, properly warned ye be says I" "Perhabs ye knows too much" and at WDW supposedly the Jolly roger will be gone all together for the Davey jones effect.:(
The skull and crossbones were not removed to put in the DJ effect, that is long before the drop. They just removed it.

T-1MILLION

Original Poster
NeedABreak said:
So jack's head is popping out of the barrel now? :lol: Imagin if the oringinal voice for the fat pirate infront of the barrel was looped in.

Weird I said the exact same thing in the other AA pics online thread! HA
I would not blame Jack for wanting to hide and having that shifty eye look!:lol:

T-1MILLION

Original Poster
disneydata said:
The skull and crossbones were not removed to put in the DJ effect, that is long before the drop. They just removed it.

They removed the skull and crossbones at WDW all together???:(

dizkid03

i know its probably too early but does anyone know what tracks from both scores are used on the ride now? i here i've got my eye on you from potc 2 cd, when you see barbossa on the ship, and hes a pirate from potc 1cd, in the galleon scene. anyone know the others?

steamboat_will

STR8FAN2005 said:
The addition of the score from the movies is excellent!

agreed. what used to play in those scenes?

i think that the new additions are a great way to enhance the ride, but, and it may have been just the video, i feel like the "yo, ho..." resounding tune was lost. perhaps this is a new way of thinking, having a ride create a story without an annoying theme song (and not to say that the song was annoying)

regardless, i look forward to experiencing the new pirates and i must admit, the new animatronics are incredibly realistic. while watching the msn movie of the ride and the premiere, i truly thought that it was either a scene from the movie or depp goofing around on the ride. bravo imagineers!

thanks for the great video!

imagineer boy

steamboat_will said:
agreed. what used to play in those scenes?

In the cave scene, the only sounds were just those of "dead men tell no tales" calls. And during the bombardment scene there was no music, just the sound track of the captains yells and cannon fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom