alligator at MK

AEfx

And I've seen an elephant fly. Sorry, bad joke. :lol:

Hehe, well actually I wasn't kidding. :) Funny joke though. :)

I have totally seen a real aligator below the Adventureland bridge. People standing around asking the CM's, "How do they make it so life like" LOL.

The snake at HM I did not see with my own eyes, but I saw the people running away from it hehe.

The cats at Splash Mountain were my favorite though. There really are tons of strays that live at MK, you just don't see them during normal hours because they hide out. We saw a cute tuxedo cat run around at the end of MNSSHP one night, ran faster than any cat I have ever seen in my life. Dang it was quick! LOL. The CM standing there pretended he didn't see it, it was quite funny, like "No, no cats here!" like he was talking about beer at a frat party. :)

AEfx

DABIGCHEEZ

We saw a snake at Animal Kingdom last month, we were near the rest rooms at the start of the Maharajah Jungle Trek and it went right in front of my son and daughter. Everyone was yelling "SNAKE, SNAKE" as it was trying to get off the walkway and back into the woods. One man pushing an empty stroller was looking for the snake but didn't realize that it was right at his foot. Well the snake made it across, only one person seemed to be really scared, I think that they went about 20 feet in half a second.
We also saw an alligator and turtle in the water around Tom Sawyer Island, that same trip.

No matter which waterpark we go to ... we see some kind of snake at it every year too.

11:28

I watched animal control wrestle a gator out of the water at fantasia mini-golf.
It was trying to eat the ducks.:slurp::lookaroun

EPCOTGAL1

Ok......this thread just "sealed the deal" for me.....I now have an excuse for my family on why I don't want to do the Sea Raycers on BL. I tried them last year and was pathetically putt-putting along so as not to flip it over (not that it could I suppose but just me and my nervousness) while my DH and DD are buzzing by me. I would much rather people watch at the GF eating a mickey ice cream bar!! :) Thanks so much!

I when I was around 15 or 16, me and my family stayed at CB and I told my dad that I refused to swim in the lake/river, whatever it is, because there could be alligators in it. My dad told me I was being ridiculous but I refused and he actually was getting mad at me because I was so insistant that I was not going to go in it. One morning my mom and dad took two of my sisters down to the beach area and went swimming, me and my other sister stayed behind in the room because of my whole "there could be alligator thing." So my parents and sisters came back and my dad was poking fun at me saying once again there were no alligators and I was being a baby. So they showered and got dressed and we all got on the bus to go to the park. When we were on the bus, the driver said "if you look to your left you will see an alligator sunbathing on the beach". Well, my dad's head snapped around so fast and his mouth dropped open. I was in hysterics, needless to say the only water he has swam in since then, in Disney, is a pool.

catz

Perhaps he was just caught short?! Good job someone spotted him or someone would have got a huuuge fright. I didn't know there were stray cats around MK.

Nemo14

We've seen a couple of cats at MK - always wondered how they got there - ferry or monorail? :veryconfu

We've seen gators, snakes, deer, armadillos,etc just about every trip to WDW - it is Florida after all.

yankspy

Ok......this thread just "sealed the deal" for me.....I now have an excuse for my family on why I don't want to do the Sea Raycers on BL. I tried them last year and was pathetically putt-putting along so as not to flip it over (not that it could I suppose but just me and my nervousness) while my DH and DD are buzzing by me. I would much rather people watch at the GF eating a mickey ice cream bar!! :) Thanks so much!
I sort of flipped a sea raycer once. Well, actuaaly I fell out after catching the wake from the MK1.:lol: The chances of you falling out and landing on a gator are pretty slim so I would not worry about it. However, as I said before, it is the tropics and if you look hard enough you can still see wild gators, snakes, monkeys, parrots, etc. In general, they will not bother you.

The only incident that I can personally recall was when my friend was walking his dog a little too close to a lake and a gator came and snatched his dog.

pinkrose

Last September, the wife and I were eating at the little area overlooking Everest by the Flame Tree Barbeque. I stood up to take a picture of Mickey, Minnie and friends who had zipped by in a barge or sorts when I spy a little alligator.

It appeared that he was looking for handouts. Alongside of him was a snapping turtle who also wanted a taste of our ribs.

I let a custodial cast member know. He didn't seem all that impressed when we showed him.

"I've seen bigger." he said.

We never found out if anything at all happened to the gator.

We saw it this past May. :wave:

Goofy's Girl

While staying with a friend at the GF in 2005 we were walking back to the room late one night when she walked by a snake that was cutting across one of the walkways by the main pool. She didn't even see it until I yelled snake. From what I have been reading in these post I think I need to bring to sticks to tap together like in the Parent Trap to scare the critters away.:lol:

willythelab

gators and cats living together

My ex lives in Tampa and the gators in their lake have eaten like 5 neighborhood dogs recently. Also, are those cats The Aristocats?

Disneybird

Everytime I ride the WDW Railroad, I look for alligators along the waterway, and haven't seen one in my 36 years of riding. I'm sure they're there though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom