All those UNBUILT Disney-MGM rides....

DarkMeasures

Maybe it will be an Indiana Jones ride with a completly different story than the others.

Maybe there will be no target in this one. Just a lot of chaos and that stuff.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by imagineer boy
Please don't let it be an exact copy of Crystal Skull!:(

Why not?
Crystal Skull is 90% identical to Forbidden Eye.
Same vehicles.
Same track layout.
Same general theme.
Just without fire, in a new setting, and a with different objective.

MGM's will indeed be "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the ..."

DarkMeasures

.... this reminds me. You know what made Eisner not good anymore. This one time, they both took their jetpacks to head somewhere... (I forgot).....

Watch Family Guy

Anyway I paraphrased it:

Eisner: Look at all the people.... they look so tiny....

Bill Gates: They are tiny.... they are....

Anyway, if the Imagineers were to develope a multilevel track, couldn't the ride fit in a much smaller area ther?

Test track proved the ride system can handle hills.

Legacy

Originally Posted By DarkMeasures-
Test track proved the ride system can handle hills.
Shoot, Forbidden Eye proved the ride system could handle hills. It's not a question of ride system; personally I hope we get a completely unique ride design. Specifically, I hope we get a different track lay-out.

I care more about seeing Roger come to Florida. Of everything Disneyland has, that is the one ride I envy the most. The Muppets expansion comes a very close second. I personally think Indy the weakest (long-term) property of the three (it's a classic don't get me wrong, but life-action movies have a much more limited life-span than animated, or foam, characters).

imagineersrock

about the roger rabbit thing..... would they use EVERY single soundstage for this attraction..? i would be sad to see every last soundstage gone.. this would once again remove one of the single last 'working studios' aspects to the park..

::sits down in protest and crosses arms angrily:: ..humph..! "might as well not even promote it as a working studio anymore...":brick:

otherwise.. the rabbit is ooookay by me..! :D

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Lee
Why not?
Crystal Skull is 90% identical to Forbidden Eye.
Same vehicles.
Same track layout.
Same general theme.
Just without fire, in a new setting, and a with different objective.

MGM's will indeed be "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the ..."

Well, what I mean is that it should have a different story line than Crystal Skull.

jrriddle

We need the whole R.R. Hollywood.
Not just Car-toon spin. We need T.T. Transit/Trolley, Baby Herman's Buggy Ride, and the greatest one...Roller Coaster Rabbit!
I freaked out the first time I saw the picture for that ride.
Rip out the backlot, rip out everything.
This MUST be built.
IMO:D

Yenfid

I'm sorry to see the Indy show go, but it has been there alooooooooooooong time. I was hoping for a ride more like the one in DLP. The runaway mine car coaster from Temple of Doom. I think that would be neat!

Defend10

Maybe I've missed something in the past, but is there any reason the empty land South of the studios back behind Star Tours and the Stunt Show can't be used? Is this protected or has it just not been considered?

From what I've seen and where I've been back there, there seems to be nothing holding the park back from expansion in that direction, based purely on non-professional visual survey :D

Yenfid

Oh yeah, Rogar Rabbit is a must. I've been waiting for Toon car spin for like ever! I want RR and I want it NOW!!!! Okay not now, but soon like in the next five years? Pleazzzzzes!

andre85

Has anyone ridden Temple of the Crystal Skull? Is it better than DisneyLand's Indiana Jones? What are the differences?

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by andre85
Has anyone ridden Temple of the Crystal Skull? Is it better than DisneyLand's Indiana Jones? What are the differences?

As I said earlier....90% the same.

And if they are bringing Roger to the park...I want the
Coaster

Disneynutcase

I hope they add some Roger Rabbit themed ride(s), but please don't make it a copy of Disneyland's. Not unless they work the recent bugs out of it. Since the accident with the little boy and the renovation that followed, this ride breaks down multiple times daily. The last four times I've been to DL, I have yet to successfully ride Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin. It's either temporarily closed, or you get in line and the whole things stops.

I've been told that the new guidelines for the ride make it go into complete shutdown if anything--as in any car--seem slightly off.

As far as the ride itself goes, back before the rehab, it was one of the best on property.

I personally don't think Cartoon Spin is coming to MGM, especially since reports are coming in that the Mad Tea Party at DL no longer allows guests to spin the cups.

Last thoughts, a family friendly ride or two added to MGM would be nice.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just a few thoughts:

The original MGM plans had 2 stunt shows in Indy style arenas.. one for slapstick and comedy, the other for action. So having two shows in the park isn`t out of the question...

The TDS Indy EMV ride system is far more reliable than DLC. Disneyland uses hydraulic (spelling?) pistons with fluid that tends to leak everywhere, whilst Tokyo has a newer version (I would guess pneumatic or something..) Anyone know which version Dinosaur uses??

I guess they could build out backstage behind the present Indy arena onto the parking lot... bet this starts the thread again about how landlocked the studios are and how the parking lot could be moved to the other side of World Drive with trams running to the park!!

Whatever happens.. lets hope for RRCS, Indy EMV AND GMMR!! And sooner rather than later!

Now, if they could just sort out their European excuse for a studio..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom