All this Eisner stuff...........

MillVillDavid

Original Poster
Is beginning to get to me. Can someone please explain why this guy is ruining your Disney vacations?? Have I missed something here, because apparently the "Magic" that Disney gives to so many, has now become tangiable?

I can't see how this is so. Sure, Disney is a big corporation, so it has to continue to make money and lots of it. Competition in Orlando has increased in Eisner's tenure and we know how crowds declined after 9/11. Now crowds are on the increase, are the company not right to retain the money to cover for the losses, post 9/11?

The whole Disney experience gives us so much pleasure and for me, the smile on a kid's face when they come into contact with Mickey Mouse is far more important than any behind the scene problems.

MillVillDavid

2000-01 - Disney employee at Millennium Village, Epcot

andre85

I’d recommend you ignore most of the members here as the majority of them seem very bitter; they certainly do not reflect the core of Disney’s audience. Half of the people here have no idea what they’re talking about, and are unable to structure basic thoughts (as evidenced by the abundance of emotions). Do not let them ruin your opinion of Disney as these people have some of the most unbalanced viewpoints I've ever witnessed.

MillVillDavid, I'm glad you enjoy Disney (as most do). The problem the people on this forum have is that they're constantly analyzing, scrutinizing and essentially poring over the micromanagement of Disney and are otherwise convinced that they could run the Disney corporation better than Eisner. Which as we know, ic clearly not the case (otherwise they would be in such a position).

Note: Not everyone here is as described, but the most vocal ones certainly are.

General Grizz

Sure - check out www.savedisney.com and read through it. Roy Disney and Stanely Gold created the website - both board members who intend to stick to Walt Disney's vision.

At the bottom are links to their resignation letters.

(It looks to me that the majority is on Roy's side. Take a look at the signatures that appeared in just one week of being online back in December!

Those who signed the petition include Walt's friends and animators, Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnson (responsible for animation in Bambi, the classic spaghetti scene in Lady and the Tramp, and Mad Mim in Sword in the Stone, along with all of those 1930s Mickey Mouse cartoons).

The wife of Marc Davis, whose husband was a main director of Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Country Bear Jamboree, and others.

Original 1950s Mousketeers), etc.

So it's not necessarily that the Disney magic you experience in the parks is thanks to Eisner. It roots from the people who designed the parks - including many of Roy's personal supporters! However, backstage, Disney is a totally differet place.

Again, check out SaveDisney.com, and stay tuned!

cherrynegra

Originally posted by andre85
I’d recommend you ignore most of the members here as the majority of them seem very bitter; they certainly do not reflect the core of Disney’s audience. Half of the people here have no idea what they’re talking about, and are unable to structure basic thoughts (as evidenced by the abundance of emotions). Do not let them ruin your opinion of Disney as these people have some of the most unbalanced viewpoints I've ever witnessed.

Note: Not everyone here is as described, but the most vocal ones certainly are.

I completely take exception to your generalization of those members who have posted their opinons of perceived flaws in the current Disney operations as "bitter." I think the reason these people have taken the time to speak their mind is because the really care about what Disney is at its heart. Just because a person gives you constructive criticism does not make them bitter. How else are you supposed to know how your product is doing with the public if you only listen to the good things??? Never believe your own hype. I think that's all that people have been saying.

MillVillDavid

Original Poster
Nice to hear my friend! Disney has an emotional attachment for me, as I am sure it has with many others on here. DisneyWorld will always be there, it doesn't matter who is in charge. It's far to big for it not to be.

I guess people need to air their frustrations, but at least money is being spent on the parks to keep the Magic fresh. Everytime I go there, which admittedly isn't that often (every 2 years) I get the same feeling in my belly as I did the first time I went. Nobody, not even Mr. Eisner's alleged mis-management can take that feeling away from me.

MillVillDavid.

andre85

Originally posted by cherrynegra
I completely take exception to your generalization of those members who have posted their opinons of perceived flaws in the current Disney operations as "bitter." I think the reason these people have taken the time to speak their mind is because the really care about what Disney is at its heart. Just because a person gives you constructive criticism does not make them bitter. How else are you supposed to know how your product is doing with the public if you only listen to the good things??? Never believe your own hype. I think that's all that people have been saying.

Constructive criticism? Are you guys so disillusioned as to believe anything you say on this forum will make the slightest difference in how Disney is run? It'd be a far more effective usage of your time to compose a letter and direct it to Disney itself, not your peers at this forum.

General Grizz

Originally posted by MillVillDavid
Nobody, not even Mr. Eisner's alleged mis-management can take that feeling away from me.

Try the Big Thunder Mountain accident in September that killed one man. No, this wasn't Mr. Eisner personally, but his system led to Cast Members who abandoned the attraction (i.e. did not feel "dominance over it") and quickly passed off tests.

Also, don't forget the cheap security in the parks. I've said it twice before, but "Disney Security" is an oxymoron.

The devil is in the details. And detail is one of the crucial components that makes Disney what it is.

andre85

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Try the Big Thunder Mountain accident in September that killed one man. No, this wasn't Mr. Eisner personally, but his system led to Cast Members who abandoned the attraction (i.e. did not feel "dominance over it") and quickly passed off tests.

Also, don't forget the cheap security in the parks. I've said it twice before, but "Disney Security" is an oxymoron.

The devil is in the details. And detail is one of the crucial components that makes Disney what it is.

Can you provide cites for any of the facts you've assumed? Did you talk to the employees involved yourself? Were you there when the event occurred? Are you privy to the behind the scenes details at Disney? I think not. This isn't constructive criticism, it's badgering. Now don't get me wrong, the loss of a life is not an insignificant matter, but accidents do occur and your potentially made up facts can be very misleading.

cherrynegra

I agree completely with you. Those who have an interest at heart should compose letters to the Disney brass, as I have done. But as I said earlier, labeling people with names is not the way to react when you are engaging in a serious conversation or argument. Yes, I understand your opinion that those who would consider themselves anti-Eisner are short sighted and have no idea of the basic nuts and bolts when running a corporation, as I believe your argument has been, however, they are more than entitled to voice their disagreements with how that corporation is run and support those they feel would do a better job at it. And they should be allowed to do so without the serious conversation degrading into a playground fight. They have their opinions, and so do you. So shall we not simply agree to disagree?

General Grizz

According to the factual evidence on document given to select Disney employees who work at Walt Disney World, the Cast Members passed off a test on the trains instead of actually going through.

Alas. . .here is your badger:
badger.jpg

andre85

According to the factual evidence on document given to select Disney employees who work at Walt Disney World, the Cast Members passed off a test on the trains instead of actually going through.

Alas. . .

Proove that. Unlike most of the simple minded people on this forum, I’m not going to take anything you say at face value until you start providing some as resources proof. Even if what you state is “true”, I’m hesitant to believe that you conveyed the story without contorting the facts.

General Grizz

*sigh* I do not work for Disney. I know the person, and the document is classified.

EDIT: Check out the Orlando Sentinel archives at www.orlandosentinel.com. The article costs money, and it's from Thanksgiving week, but it also provides a similar story.

You COULD go back and read the information I posted based on a similar source that listed the exact location of Soarin' and its replacement of Food Rocks just half a year ago.

But, of course, you don't trust me. I'm very sorry.

andre85

Originally posted by cherrynegra
But as I said earlier, labeling people with names is not the way to react when you are engaging in a serious conversation or argument.

If describing people as they are is what you meant by “labeling” people, I see no fault in my actions, especially when I did not reference anyone specifically.

andre85

But, of course, you don't trust me. I'm very sorry.

I don’t trust you, because you seem to have a very specific agenda. One which results in you constantly regurgitating seemingly random facts in an effort to persuade others to your side of thinking (which others seem to accept, despite the clear lack of proof).

cherrynegra

If describing people as they are is what you meant by “labeling” people, I see no fault in my actions, especially when I did not reference anyone specifically.

No, it's much easier when you label a group as opposed to "anyone specifically." But it's more than apparent that you feel very strongly about your opinions. So, I shall simply take the end result of this conversation as we both have the right to speak our minds, we respect each other's opinion and views, and we part agreeing not to agree.

Heyyall

Constructive criticism? Are you guys so disillusioned as to believe anything you say on this forum will make the slightest difference in how Disney is run? It'd be a far more effective usage of your time to compose a letter and direct it to Disney itself, not your peers at this forum.

Why are you here then? This is the board for Disney fans to discuss new rumors and get others opinions. Tell me, how is writing a letter going to get us information on the rumors? Why are you here wasting your time if this is all a waste of time? If you don't think there's a point, then don't stay here with us disillusioned people.

Proove that. Unlike most of the simple minded people on this forum, I’m not going to take anything you say at face value until you start providing some as resources proof. Even if what you state is “true”, I’m hesitant to believe that you conveyed the story without contorting the facts.

Grizzlyhall provied GREAT information on rumors, and almost always backs up his facts. He has over 6,000 posts, and has been here for quite some time, unlike you. Don't jump on him, because most of the users on the board, him especially back up what they say and don't just jump on others.

I think he can decide who to ignore. How dare you call others bitter, when you're jumpins on everyone, calling us disillusioned. And on top of that, you call us bitter.

I don't understand why you comlain about others, when you are more rude than any of us on the forums. You need to calm down.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Heyyall
Why are you here then? This is the board for Disney fans to discuss new rumors and get others opinions. Tell me, how is writing a letter going to get us information on the rumors? Why are you here wasting your time if this is all a waste of time? If you don't think there's a point, then don't stay here with us disillusioned people.

I think he can decide who to ignore. How dare you call others bitter, when you're jumpins on everyone, calling us disillusioned. And on top of that, you call us bitter.

Glad to have you aboard! Is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang done, already? :lol:

lebernadin

Millvill, there is definately a lynch Eisner mentality present on these boards but i've seen a good number of people who post otherwise. Personally, i'm between being on the fence and not caring either way. :D

But definately post more, i think these boards could use more Euro-pinions, so to speak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom