All things Universal Studios Hollywood

DisneyEthan

"We would like approval to begin reopening the reopening process immediately, in order to get our employees back to work. We're already underway with implementing enhanced safety standards and LA County parks will be ready to begin reopening between the middle of June and July 1. However, we'll need time prior to this for employees to returned to work and to be trained in new safety protocols before opening for guests."- Universal Studios Hollywood President https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202006/7498/

TP2000

Something interesting is that USJ is limiting entry to only residents of the Kansai area for an indefinite period of time. First time I’ve seen a park doing that.

I'm reminded of the various (and fairly valid) rants that @Curious Constance used to go on regarding the ticket discounts that people living in Southern California and Mexicans living Baja California zip codes used to be eligible for.

I can only imagine the outrage if Disneyland said only residents of Ventura, Los Angeles, Riverside and Orange counties were allowed to buy a ticket. Also Mexicans from Tijuana. But Oregonians? No way!

Saw them both, great! But can anyone even imagine the Brazilians trying to follow distancing rules?
But...its refreshing to not being in a jam packed park, if it wasn't for the masks I would go right now.
At only 25% capacity nobody is really making money, I would expect minimal staffing and rides shut down for the near future, everywhere, they will lose money on reduced capacities. Makes for a better guest experience but for how long?

Disneylover152

Saw them both, great! But can anyone even imagine the Brazilians trying to follow distancing rules?
But...its refreshing to not being in a jam packed park, if it wasn't for the masks I would go right now.
At only 25% capacity nobody is really making money, I would expect minimal staffing and rides shut down for the near future, everywhere, they will lose money on reduced capacities. Makes for a better guest experience but for how long?

First, please delete the first part of this comment, it's racist. Brazil isn't a different planet, it's a different country that is going through the same pandemic we are. Plus look at Disney Springs, there are many white people who don't follow distancing rules. There are also travel bans for the foreseeable future.

Now, Universal is operating at 35% of their maximum capacity. Considering a day in January is usually at less than 15% capacity at a Universal Park, and they still see that as profitable (otherwise they wouldn't be opening at all), it doesn't make me think they will be losing money. They will for sure be making much less money than usual, but these are also billion-dollar corporations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom