All things Universal Studios Hollywood

cmwade77

That ties to the mayor's city closure date.

"Mayor Eric Garcetti’s latest citywide mandate imposes an even stricter set of restrictions on daily life in Los Angeles than the one issued Sunday night. Thursday evening’s announcement that the city would be placed under a “Safer at Home” ordinance — essentially, a modified version of the “shelter-in-place” guidelines already in effect in the Bay Area. The new restrictions are in place through April 19, from an original order of March 31, although the city said it could shorten or lengthen the timeframe."
Technically, Universal Studios is not part of the city of Los Angeles, it is part of Universal City and would not be subject to orders pertaining to the city. But it's smart for them to still follow the order.

Although this is probably as much to do with scheduling needs as anything else, since I believe they schedule about 2 weeks at a time, and post the schedule a week or two in advance.

RobWDW1971

Technically, Universal Studios is not part of the city of Los Angeles, it is part of Universal City and would not be subject to orders pertaining to the city. But it's smart for them to still follow the order.

Although this is probably as much to do with scheduling needs as anything else, since I believe they schedule about 2 weeks at a time, and post the schedule a week or two in advance.
LA County, which they are part of, is mirroring the orders.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

PART of the USH complex is located in un-incorporated Los Ange;es County, while the other part is located in the City of Los Angeles. About 70%/30%. Basically, most of the parking, the Hotels, CityWalk and other weird patches are within the city limits.

But the County is coordinating with the city of LA to try and match up their current COVID-19 regulations.

Phroobar

JT6LZgHLHW9bIqVRPmgNiapukRHj1WfDW63Yk7zCrnJaqRfLf25SWC5dYyQBAYODhC73d21IH6u6SRMYuumu4ox0J5S2BtobG95ij3vmrUIiLBMYC7NmgLep0A

UNIST_TOUR_Charlton-Heston.jpg

Homemade Imagineering

One of the best theme park rides ever was the original Jurassic Park ride. Best Universal ride ever, in my opinion. I will fight people who disagree, lol.
Definitely. The former Kongfrontation attraction in Orlando comes pretty close to being universal’s best attraction, however, I think Jurassic is slightly better. They’re both great examples of perfect theme park attractions.

Phroobar

Definitely. The former Kongfrontation attraction in Orlando comes pretty close to being universal’s best attraction, however, I think Jurassic is slightly better. They’re both great examples of perfect theme park attractions.
Like many of the Orlando original attractions Kongfrontation was just a updated version of Tram ride. Kongfrontation was cool because it was suspended from the ceiling. The original tram version was on an elevated bridge. It was also featured in The Wizard movie. I remember the Christmas overlay with Santa Kong.

W3KdjN5CncPp_2BJxRby2prgGqNfS9jTP9dZ2ssTT7KVvHLFsdWvCA7N3wVoMdREzGkGf23MrlKk9xt8sRldNq7TsfkLhKjSmmRYFOHAH1FPRm3gHTKACmeaPKjfC1r4su6-Ozheig

2016-01-02-1451701209-6230889-Grinchmas5.jpg

https://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Universal_Studios_Kongfrontation.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom